• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Strange in The Multiverse of Madness | Spoiler Thread

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Just done watch it, really a non-stop trip across the multiverse, wow. Pretty great movie, Wanda’s kids have more screen time than I expected, but not for Mordo. I really like how America Chavez can just punch a multiverse portal like that

the Illuminati barely put up a fight against Wanda (lol Wanda straight up sealing Black Bolt’s mouth Matrix style)…realy shows how powerful Scarlet Witch is

Also wasn’t expecting Clea to show up to invite a (Darkhold-corrupted) Strange to more multiverse adventure after the end

Azurro

Banned
Just done watch it, really a non-stop trip across the multiverse, wow. Pretty great movie, Wanda’s kids have more screen time than I expected, but not for Mordo. I really like how America Chavez can just punch a multiverse portal like that

the Illuminati barely put up a fight against Wanda (lol Wanda straight up sealing Black Bolt’s mouth Matrix style)…realy shows how powerful Scarlet Witch is

Also wasn’t expecting Clea to show up to invite a (Darkhold-corrupted) Strange to more multiverse adventure after the end

I don't know wtf you are talking about, but with the way you talk about it, is Dr Strange even in the movie?

ManaByte

Nope. Still no idea. I know who Scarlet Witch is though.

Professor X, Black Bolt, Reed Richards, Maria Rambeau Captain Marvel, Captain Carter. Wanda kills them all. So those people thinking Patrick Stewart was in it to bring the X-Men into the MCU will throw fits.

Wanda’s kids have more screen time than I expected, but not for Mordo.

They cut down Mordo's screen time. Originally Wanda killed the MCU Mordo, but since they cut that he lives in the MCU.

They also changed Bruce Campbell's cameo in the reshoots. Originally he was Balder the Brave in the Illuminati and Wanda impales him. That was changed to the pizza balls salesman.

Last edited:

ManaByte

I don't know wtf you are talking about, but with the way you talk about it, is Dr Strange even in the movie?

The Illuminati scene is just one scene in the movie. There's more Doctor Strange than them. Three Doctor Stranges actually (four if you count the dead one in the Illuminati universe).

Doom85

That's a lame line up.

A Super Soldier, one of the most powerful mutants in existence, a cosmic power user capable of effortlessly taking out massive spaceships (assuming Maria is on Carol’s level), a dude whose voice can level cities, a skilled magic user, and one of Earth’s most gifted scientists is a lame lineup?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

What, should they have invited Superman, Goku, and Saitama to meet your standards?

ManaByte

A Super Soldier, one of the most powerful mutants in existence, a cosmic power user capable of effortlessly taking out massive spaceships (assuming Maria is on Carol’s level), a dude whose voice can level cities, a skilled magic user, and one of Earth’s most gifted scientists is a lame lineup?

What, should they have invited Superman, Goku, and Saitama to meet your standards?
People get triggered by Captain Marvel.

Hugare

Professor X is OP

Black Bolt is lame, dude, c'mon. Dude screams. Ok. Same power as Banshee, but more powerful.

Reed Richards stretches. Ok. That's also lame. He is smart, but his power is boring and weak.

Captain Carter, eh. To be fair, Captain America is also boring. Being strong and durable is some boring skills compared to other supes.

Captain Marvel is OP

Xavier and Captain Marvel are the only ones that could be a threat against Wanda.

The rest are B Tier supes

Last edited:

Doom85

Superman can be killed by a little shard of Kryptonite, so that's him out already.

If you are smart enough to set it up well, and he doesn’t intend to kill you. I loved Batman: Hush for finally calling out the Batman simps who think he can just effortlessly take down people on that level. Bruce internally makes it very clear that A) everything has to be planned perfectly, B) said plan has to work out without any hiccups, and C) if Superman intended to kill him (even under Poison Ivy’s control, he wouldn’t kill Bruce, just capture him, that’s how strong Supes’ willpower is) then there is nothing Bruce could do to save himself (seriously, even if he stood in a room encased in Kryptonite, Superman could just speed blitz right through and make a nice Batman splat on the walls before the Kryptonite could take effect).

Hell, if Batman v. Superman had followed reality, then Superman would have won the fight when he hurled Batman all the way across the roof and Bruce slammed his back straight against the edge. Yeeeeaaaah, that’s some serious injuries and some broken bones and such right there that even a heavy work out routine and armor wouldn’t help you against.

Doom85

Professor X is OP

Black Bolt is lame, dude, c'mon. Dude screams. Ok. Same power as Banshee, but more powerful.

Reed Richards stretches. Ok. That's also lame. He is smart, but his power is boring and weak.

Captain Carter, eh. To be fair, Captain America is also boring. Being strong and durable is some boring skills compared to other supes.

Captain Marvel is OP

Xavier and Captain Marvel are the only ones that could be a threat against Wanda.

The rest are B Tier supes

I was just countering their argument of the lineup being lame in general, not comparing them to the woman so powerful she brought all of reality under her control for a time in the comics.

It’s like saying Magneto is lame just because Apocalypse exists. No, Magneto is obviously still very powerful and dangerous and a more powerful character existing doesn’t instantly make him lame.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Lame. So, so lame.

I'm okay with Captain Marvel and Professor X and Mr Fantastic, but I also wanted Blue Marvel, Namor, Black Panther and Tom Cruise Iron Man.

Doom85

Lame. So, so lame.

I'm okay with Captain Marvel and Professor X and Mr Fantastic, but I also wanted Blue Marvel, Namor, Black Panther and Tom Cruise Iron Man.

BP wasn’t going to be there as they have said they don’t want to recast T’Challa for now out of respect to Chadwick Boseman. Sure, they could have made it Shuri, M’Baku or someone else, but I get why they opted not to.

It’s possible Tom Cruise isn’t interested in being in the MCU. Sucks as the idea is cool, but it is what it is.

I mean, I think having Peggy there is cool to see the actress one last time. Plus, main verse Peggy was a head of SHIELD so it fits her character for an alternate universe version to be a member of a secretive organization like this. And having Mordo there fits as it gives A) a more personal connection to Strange, and B) he ended the last movie worried about how magic could destroy reality and time, it makes sense he might get contacted by a group who share similar concerns.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You purposely ignored where I said it was the Maria Rambeau Captain Marvel. So no, it’s not the MCU Captain Marvel.
Ah, honestly saw it as two different characters
My bad

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yo, Wanda isn't taking anyones shit in that slaughter scene. And this movie finally answers who the strongest avenger is. Assuming this Cap Marvel has the exact same power level and move set as the one in the MCU films, Wanda just fucking mercs them all.

The back of black bolt's head fuckin' explodes like a Saw film.

Raimi is stretching PG 13 to its extremes here lol.

Last edited:

ManaByte

It’s possible Tom Cruise isn’t interested in being in the MCU. Sucks as the idea is cool, but it is what it is.

Tom Cruise was going to produce and star in and Iron Man movie for Paramount back in 1998 (10 years before the RDJ one). That was the idea of having him do a cameo in this, but then COVID happened.

Trunx81

Just came out of the cinema. A PG13, this is not. Children will have real nightmares as Raimi’s gonna Raimi. A lot of creepy scenes, especially with Terminator Scarlet Witch following through the sewers or the dead fighting. The scene with Wanda moving through the mirrors was also pretty creepy.

Other than that, a solid movie. I don’t even think that Wandavisions redemption arc was screwed over as the Darkhold is known for corrupting it’s owners.

Biggest stinker was the way they solved the threat in the end. “There is still good in you.” “Ok.” Movie done.

The Bruce Campbell hand reference had me laughing, though. As the only person in the cinema …

Finally got what was bothering me, the movie felt very small for something called a multiverse of madness. Really, how many sanctum sanctorum did we have to go through everytime we reach a new multiverse. Compare to something like Thor Ragnarok or Guardians or even Loki where you can feel the scale of the worlds. Horror elements was well done though.

Niegenaamd

Neo Member
Just watched it yesterday, i thought it was ok, not the best marvel movie, but also not the worst.
The moment with all the arms attached to Dr Strange reminded me of Godrick from Elden Ring xD

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Lame. So, so lame.

Man that will be too insane.

ManaByte

I really thought this would be where they would give a hint about mutants or deadpool.
People have been saying that since Endgame, thinking that Feige would pollute his carefully crafted MCU with the Singer and Kinberg bullshit.

In the lead up to Endgame people who write for Comicbook.com were trying to tell other sites that the Dark Phoenix cast would show up in the movie.

Then don’t forget the whole Quicksilver BS in WandaVision. And how people swore Tom Hardy’s Venom would remain in the MCU and fight Tom Holland.

Marvel is doing their own take on the Mutants, and it doesn’t sound like they’ll be called X-Men.

ManaByte

Professor X wasn't a big enough hint regarding mutants? They've clearly established that they're out there, the '97 Xmen universe is canon now...
He was a multiverse variant. From a different universe. Those universes aren’t the MCU.

The whole purpose of putting Anson Mount’s Black Bolt in this was to show that Jeph Loeb’s garbage was in its own universe and not canon to the MCU.

He was a multiverse variant. From a different universe. Those universes aren’t the MCU.

The whole purpose of putting Anson Mount’s Black Bolt in this was to show that Jeph Loeb’s garbage was in its own universe and not canon to the MCU.
Well let's just say it's clearly setting the stage for more to come soon. Perhaps Secret Wars or something like it will introduce them into the MCU? That seems to be the next big Avenger movie...

ManaByte

Well let's just say it's clearly setting the stage for more to come soon. Perhaps Secret Wars or something like it will introduce them into the MCU? That seems to be the next big Avenger movie...
They'll be introduced long before Secret Wars. There's going to be at least one if not more "Avengers" movies before they get to Secret Wars. It took them 10 years to get up to the Infinity Gauntlet, and that was only 3 years ago.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I don't know, I imagined an epic movie.

As the avengers team, trying to save the world in an alternate universe, where they have to fight against their evil counterparts, I imagined Ironman fighting a bloodthirsty Spiderman, or Captain America saving the city from a malevolent powerful Hulk.

Top Bottom