• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Verse |OT| Every Spider-Man Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRG01

At least we know who the Scion is now.

I mean, come on. Scion means descendant. We all knew who it would be.

Layell

I'm going to call it here: This whole plot is to retcon One More Day and return to the rightful status quo. Considering we know the whole deal with the Scion, and the fact that pre-OMD Peter had the powers of The Other we are probably in a position to see this happen.

The only thing that is curious is how Silk is The Bride, and whatever that means I doubt it ends in an actual marriage since The Scion is clearly not a result of that.

Also the way Peter and Otto fight resolves is just great, and the unmasking scene in the cartoon team up was just perfect (actually that entire sequence was just perfect)

I'm going to call it here: This whole plot is to retcon One More Day and return to the rightful status quo. Considering we know the whole deal with the Scion, and the fact that pre-OMD Peter had the powers of The Other we are probably in a position to see this happen.

The only thing that is curious is how Silk is The Bride, and whatever that means I doubt it ends in an actual marriage since The Scion is clearly not a result of that.

Also the way Peter and Otto fight resolves is just great, and the unmasking scene in the cartoon team up was just perfect (actually that entire sequence was just perfect)

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure what other end/payoff would actually be satisfying. My boner can only get so hard, and I really don't want to be let down at the end of all of this. For real, though, I'm totally loving Spider-Verse more than any other comic and/or comic event in a looooong time. It's actually making me buy all those goddamn offshoot books. I'm going broke. But I'm loving every minute of it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
15873975657_a78a548ddf_o.png

Is there any chance that the end of this leads to Miles being the the 616 universe at all?

ultimate universe is going to be "done" shortly (an upcoming issue of avengers shows an incursion taking place there), so miles will be either in 616 or eliminated completely in a few months.

it's probably worth mentioning that he's in uncanny x-men right now as well with the O5 Xmen, so "616" is by far the more likely of the two options.

Dalek

ultimate universe is going to be "done" shortly (an upcoming issue of avengers shows an incursion taking place there), so miles will be either in 616 or eliminated completely in a few months.

it's probably worth mentioning that he's in uncanny x-men right now as well with the O5 Xmen, so "616" is by far the more likely of the two options.

I wonder if somehow his supporting cast will make the jump too, his dad, Ganke, etc.

So far I've been buying the team-up and amazing, how are the 3 other tie-ins? I have 0 knowledge about spider-woman or the scarlet spiders, and I find future spider-man alright...are they worth buying?

Drayco21

Bleeding Cool is promising big things from tomorrow's Amazing Spider-Man.

And yes. Basically, the ending of this issue is such a major one for Spider-Man, for Spider-Man lore, for Spider-Man fans that it won’t be a secret for long. If you value your spoiler-free-ness, you should probably just get off now. Don’t go on 4chan. Stay off Twitter. Stay off Reddit. Definitely don’t read a national newspaper any time soon, not until you have Amazing Spider-Man #12 in your sweaty hands.

Well, I'm excited.

Drayco21

My spidey sense is tingling!

Curious what it could be though. Pete is still around 8 months later and they JUST killed him off and brought him back so we know it won't be that. Or a costume change.

I'm laying my money on "spidey ends up raising a baby"

If we didn't already know she has to live to appear in an issue of Team-Up down the road, I'd guess it would be
Mayday getting killed to rile people up and leaving raising Benjy to Peter.

Slayven

Curious what it could be though. Pete is still around 8 months later and they JUST killed him off and brought him back so we know it won't be that. Or a costume change.

He has to raise the child born to another universe's Spiderman and Spectrum. Spider Swirl is a go.

If we didn't already know she has to live to appear in an issue of Team-Up down the road, I'd guess it would be
Mayday getting killed to rile people up and leaving raising Benjy to Peter.

A small part of me is wondering if some of the upcoming issue teasers might be bullshit to throw us off.

If that were to happen, I'd prefer the baby just be 616 Mayday. I know she probably got Brand New Dayed out of existence, but hey... it's Marvel. Anything can be retconned.

If that were to happen, I'd prefer the baby just be 616 Mayday. I know she probably got Brand New Dayed out of existence, but hey... it's Marvel. Anything can be retconned.

The baby was retconned out before Brand New Day as not having survived, i believe.

I been keeping away because I want to read it in one chunk.

better read it all tonight, because tomorrow there will be a giant SPIDER VERSE SPOILER THREAD that you won't be able to stay away from. just sayin

A (I guess) pretty big reveal just got posted on /co/. It may be the same thing the article was written about, but if so, then imo it's pretty much nothing. Beware of spoilers.

Slayven

The baby was retconned out before Brand New Day as not having survived, i believe.

better read it all tonight, because tomorrow there will be a giant SPIDER VERSE SPOILER THREAD that you won't be able to stay away from. just sayin

Spoilers don't bother me that much. Reading it via post on the internet vs the execution is too different things.

Just finished it (I've been feverish all day, so sue me)

GREAT issue, doesn't disappoint. there are no **SHOCKING SPOILERS** but it continues to cement itself as the best event marvel has done since...ever. Infinity wasn't even this fun.

Dalek

Just finished it (I've been feverish all day, so sue me)

GREAT issue, doesn't disappoint. there are no **SHOCKING SPOILERS** but it continues to cement itself as the best event marvel has done since...ever. Infinity wasn't even this fun.

Infinity was a good read, but you're right: no fun.

did you read spiderman 2099 #7? That book is ALMOST as entertaining. Miguel continues to be the GOAT spiderman.

Slayven might enjoy this.

Guess what day it is?

punishmentday2_zpsb7670f7a.png

PUNISHMENT DAY

Mudcrab

did you read spiderman 2099 #7? That book is ALMOST as entertaining. Miguel continues to be the GOAT spiderman.

Slayven might enjoy this.

Guess what day it is?

punishmentday2_zpsb7670f7a.png

PUNISHMENT DAY

2099 Punisher's stylish knee pads kinda looks like Night Thrasher's mask in your avatar.

Just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom