• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you ever find yourself enjoying games that are not 10 out of 10 masterpieces?

wOs

If a game is fun I can overlook flaws and enjoy it. Now if it's broken it's broken, but otherwise no it doesn't have to be ,considered a masterpiece.

Enjoy games not perfect 10/10 masterpieces?!?
james franco GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Seems every Grand Theft Auto game gets 9s and 10s from every site.

Never enjoyed playing them even though I like open world games. When GTA3 came it for PS2 I borrowed it off a friend and thought it was choppy shit. I dont think that game even ran at 30 fps. Borderline unplayable for me. Gave it back to him a few days later. After playing games like DMC, Ace Combat 4 and TM Black, GTA3 was a total let down in gameplay.

It seems those super highly rated games are hit and miss with my tastes. Aside from F3, Skyrim and some old ass COD games that got 10s from some sites, most of my fav games are not rated that high. I think most of my fav games are more like 80% range.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
The fact that you get triggered about me enjoying games that are rated 5 and 6 by "professional reviewers" rather than your precious 10 out 10's speaks more against you than it ever will me.
No you numpty that's me pointing out your ridiculous take of "lately I've been enjoying games that have a lower arbitrary rating from certain outlets". Completely absurd.

You should play what you like regardless of other people's ratings or opinions. I really hope you're trolling because I've never heard of someone only playing games that are rated above a certain threshold lmao.

Last edited:
I once was absolutely hooked by a game and thought it was the best game ever.

Then I looked up its score later on and it was only rated a 9/10.

I then uninstalled the game, went into the shower and cried like a rape victim all night long.

Never again.

Last edited:

mdkirby

erm? of course....

You wouldn't want to eat Chateaubriand every bloody day. Gaming is no different. Sometimes you want a nice chicken casserole, or chilli con carne, other days you just want a macDonalds, or a pot noodle.

Not to mention if you limited yourself to $250m 10/10 blockbusters you only be playing a small handful of games per year and would burn through them pretty quick...then ur left with nothing to enjoy the rest of the year.

From the last year...Sherlock chapter one is a far cry from a 10/10, and definitely can't compete with TLOU or GOW, but is one of my fav games of the last year. Even had a fun weekend eating scientists with Carrion. I'd say disco Elyseum or Road96 too (tho they did get a lot of 10's). Lost judgement was a fun time too. Ghostwire, Beyond a steel sky, Blasphemous were all great too. (im guessing the Alan Wake remake, and Then Guardians of Galaxy, RE:Village don't count tho, as could be considered AAA 10s...oh and also include Elden Ring in that ones not to be counted)

Last edited:

flying_sq

I don't like most "10/10" games, including all the ones listed in the OP. So I guess pretty much the only I do like are "5 or 6s".

Georome

My most played game on Steam is Total War: Rome II. It has a 76 metacritic, 4.4 user score, but Rome II is one of the most fun experiences of my gaming life.

hinch7

Is this a troll thread, because it seems like one coming from a recent release.

In any case reviewers giving out 10's don't make a game better or worse. Or have any bearing on my enjoyment of said game.

Generally I find most reviews for high profile games are usualy on the high side and most get a pass (looking past obvious or glaring flaws) because of the name and hype alone. Some games I think are deserving, others less so. Its just opinions after all.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
3/10 thread

edit: don’t be triggered -Zelda- -Zelda- not all threads have to be 10/10 to be enjoyable.
I enjoy more games that are 5-7 range then I have games that are 10/10. Reading comprehension does not seem to be many users strong points in this topic. I'm not the one who is triggered. Thanks for posting though. :)

Top Bottom