• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot's 10 Best Games Of 2023

Topher

Gold Member
Its not that good game, take away the potter theme and its only media-core, so its only the "potter" that is holding it high.

Disagree. I thought it was awesome. Definitely in my top 10 this year. But......opinions.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Either way, Gamespot didn't even bother to review the game and that's what I was referring to by pretending it doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

It's not terrible but could use a few changes, let's call a spade a spade. It''s the safe list constructed too avoid drama.

Laieon

Disagree. I thought it was awesome. Definitely in my top 10 this year. But......opinions.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Either way, Gamespot didn't even bother to review the game and that's what I was referring to by pretending it doesn't exist.

Yep, Hogwarts Legacy was fucking great. Absolutely loved it. Easily my GOTY; I enjoyed it far more than other darlings like TOTK, and I'm someone who considered Zelda my all time favorite series, but has been questioning what exactly that means post BOTW, because I just don't like changes being made to that series.

Game "journalists" trying to bury Legacy and ignore its juggernaut sales is hilarious.

Last edited:

Toons

So are lists basically just to give people fuel for arguing at this point? I csnt see a function they serve other than that these days.

Baldur's Gate 3 is Gamespot's 2023 GOTY!

espnH5zk

The developers knew that, first and foremost, the most crucial aspect of Dungeons & Dragons is encouraging and rewarding choice by trying to account for as many outcomes as possible, no matter how unlikely, every step of the way through the story. The result of honoring that ideal is the best game of 2023.
The game is just brilliant. Larian Studios has set a new benchmark for what developers can accomplish in a single-player RPG, and I won't be surprised if we see more studios attempt to emulate Baldur's Gate 3's success when it comes to designing choice-driven narratives. And whether anyone--perhaps even including Larian itself--can live up to that benchmark it has established is hardly a given.

I legit wonder after the way Hogwarts was treated in 2023, will they actually pretend GTAVI doesn't exist in 2025 if it's designated a boycott and pretend it doesn't exist game on the purple forum? I can't wait to find out!

Top Bottom