• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Dev Is Working Toward An RPG That "Dwarfs" It, Not coming out this Generation

StereoVsn

My dream would be a Larian-made Dark Sun RPG. But this will most likely never happen since Dark Sun is too "controversial" nowadays.
Isn’t Dark Sun still Hasbro? I have a feeling that Larian doesn’t want to deal with them anymore.

Hudo

Dark Sun still Hasbro
Good question. I dunno, tbh. But probably. Because I remember that last year or in 2022, someone from Wizards of the Coast was essentially saying that they don't want to touch Dark Sun since some of the setting's core pillars are just too controversial. Like slavery. Or genocide.

Although, in my opinion at least, all these aspects are "tastefully" integrated into the setting. It's a harsh world where shit happens.

StereoVsn

Good question. I dunno, tbh. But probably. Because I remember that last year or in 2022, someone from Wizards of the Coast was essentially saying that they don't want to touch Dark Sun since some of the setting's core pillars are just too controversial. Like slavery. Or genocide.

Although, in my opinion at least, all these aspects are "tastefully" integrated into the setting. It's a harsh world where shit happens.
Yeah, just imagine the “modern audience” outcry with a new Dark Sun game.

imsosleepy

lol i started the game as a wizard and gave up with it after 4 hours. I could not get any further and I guess I just dont really understand these super deep rgps..

Deerock71

Waiting for launch...
Will Arnett Conan GIF by Team Coco

Top Bottom