• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Director of God of War wants to work on a Castlevania game next

digdug2

I agree with you that LoS’s presentation was top-notch. But I totally disagree on the Araujo soundtrack. LoS is the ONLY Castlevania game that I do not remember a single song from the OST bar ONE song (which was rearranged from CV4 and the only reason why I remember it). All other Castlevanias had songs that got stuck in my mind, every single one of them.

This is a problem with movie soundtracks in general, it’s just ambient noise for the scenes, not loopable tunes that become earworms. Michiru Yamane would’ve been a much better choice. But yeah, opinions and assholes.
Dracula's Tears hit hard for me. It was a mix of old songs and what the future could've held.

Last edited:

shiru

Banned
Who said it wouldn’t have jumping? It will be faithful to the other games in the franchise…But with that first party Sony quality that frankly NONE of the studios you mentioned like From or Capcom can even fucking dream of approaching. It would be the best castlevania ever. I’ll put money on it.

DMC5 has several hours of cutscenes. So where is your logic
Sony fanboys are adorable.

shiru

Banned
Yep. But then again, take a look at the post history. Very clearly a fanboy.

However I do have to fix this statement. “No one hates fun more than warriors”. Gamers enjoy fun games and play anything regardless of platform. Warriors will bitch and moan about anything that isn’t the typical cookie cutter design put out by the first party studios. Its why you see Sony warriors defend overly cinematic, shallow bloated experiences, Xbox warriors defend GAAS and online mediocrity, and Nintendo warriors defend… well just about anything under the sun as long as it is done by Nintendo.
Agreed, except on the last part. Could have been more specific, but defending 'fun' doesn't sound as snarky/impartial.

Last edited:
Top Bottom