• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Supa

Ecrofirt said:
Got a new email from Craig today. Looks like THQ is as baffled as us:

Don't we have someone here who works for Advance Media Network? Their site is complete shit when it comes to contact info (case in point: http://www.advancedmn.com/corp/contact.html).

If need be, I don't have any problem with THQ sending me the games, but I'm sure it's going to take me time and money to get everything mailed out. We'll see how things pan out.

For the moment I haven't sent a response to Craig. I can see he's willing to help us out, and I'm very grateful, but I haven't decided what to respond with yet.
You should not be cleaning up their mess, as in sending out the games for them, that's the PR company's job.

I realize this may sound unfair, but it seems to me the PR company that THQ hired cut corners by saving money on not sending out a big part of the games. I've shipped and received a lot of games worldwide over the years and its very rare to lose 1 in 100 packages, even with the cheapest ground shipping.

Ecrofirt

Supa said:
You should not be cleaning up their mess, as in sending out the games for them, that's the PR company's job.

I realize this may sound unfair, but it seems to me the PR company that THQ hired cut corners by saving money on not sending out a big part of the games. I've shipped and received a lot of games worldwide over the years and its very rare to lose 1 in 100 packages, even with the cheapest ground shipping.

Believe me, I know it shouldn't fall on me.

However someone had to stand up and make this right. I chose to, so if the task falls on me, I'm more than happy to do it. I'll figure out a way to cover the shipping costs.

muckhole

Ecrofirt said:
Believe me, I know it shouldn't fall on me.

However someone had to stand up and make this right. I chose to, so if the task falls on me, I'm more than happy to do it. I'll figure out a way to cover the shipping costs.

Good lord, I hope they don't stick you with shipping everything out yourself. You'll never want to hear the name THQ again.

While it's great that they are offering to give you the copies that never made it, you shouldn't have to go out of pocket fulfilling their contest prizing in any way.

You're a dedicated man, Ecrofirt.

BuG

If they send you a bunch of games and you get stuck with shipping costs just sell my copy on eBay and pocket the change. I don't want it enough to have someone else pay out of their pocket, and I most certainly don't want it enough to pay out of my own. Or just PayPal me the money so I can spend it on blow.

crunker99

Unfortunatley guys, this is not a new thing for my eyes and ears to see. We have run many contests with PR companies over at my website, GR, and i can tell you that more than once the PR company just flat out did not send the prizes. This has happened more than once.

You need to be thankful that THQ is willing to work with you. A lot of the PR companies that ditched out on us just plain to not respond to emails or calls at all. Consider yourself very fortunate that THQ is willing to work it out.

Also, if you want me to expose this story on GR just give me the word. If it reaches a standstill, there is nothign like a little media heat to get things rolling again. Since it seems like you may be able to get a resolution, I do not want to post it and make THQ mad, but if it stalls out you let me know and I will immediately get this out on the web asap. We have enough exposure to make sure it gets heard, and you can always PM me here or email me over at GR,

Burger

Same, if THQ want to keep to their promise, so be it. If you get lumped with a pile of copies Erco, sell mine and make yourself some cash.

rdellw

m0dus said:
Ecro,

if you end up having to send the games out yourself, I will be happy to pay for the shipping of my copy--and I think everyone else involved would happily agree to that. :)
This, Ecrofirt = the man.

White Man

m0dus said:
Ecro,

if you end up having to send the games out yourself, I will be happy to pay for the shipping of my copy--and I think everyone else involved would happily agree to that. :)

I'll also help out, Ecro. No reason you alone should carry the brunt of Ark-AMN's shitty site ****ing over GAF.

Ecro, post a paypal address if it comes down to you having to mail out the copies yourself. I'll gladly paypal you some bucks to fully pay for my shipping, and chip in extra to help cover you on the remaining.

Hey ecro

I'm sure any winners would pay paypal or whatever they could if you mailed their copy out, hell I'd pay more (not much i'm not rich :() just to cover your troubles

Pretty bullshit what THQ did

Can this be brought to any attention of major gaming websites? Would they care?

Yeah, if you're stuck having to pay for shipping you can keep my copy and sell it or whatever. You've earned it. Plus, shipping to Sweden isn't particularly cheap I'm sure. Paying for something you won, that's kinda funny in a sad way.

How long has it been now? 4 months?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
So hey, isnt this enough to get any AMN site banned? much like kotaku and the ***** place?

I think its in order.... in fact, someone should call LA/Bay Area EBGames and see how many copies of DaH2 were traded in.. or if walmart has a larger than normal return percentage on the game....

I still have not gotten my copy (filled out ecro's form too).

Also, if anyone wants to reach Sean O'Neil - his AIM is NCUBEXTREME

He hasnt responded to my messages as of yet..

d

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Keep my copy if we have to pay shipping, I don't want the game that bad and I dont want anyone else to pay shipping just to send my copy

Donate my copy or something :)

Supa

I'm all for letting this situation blow up in THQ's face by organizing some public newsposts along the lines of "THQ screws loyal customers out of game prize!" ;) But that wouldn't feel right since it's not THQ, but the PR firm they hired that isn't fixing this. I just doubt anything we say will get anyone to actually give the winners their prize.

So it's been like what? Half a year now?

EctoPrime

At least the game is around $20-30 retail now in Australia, I might just buy it instead in the next few months if nothing happens about this competition.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Someone on CAG posted a month ago saying that he got his game after emailing THQ 1 email per month or whatever, then sending the complaint to the BBB. He guessed the BBB complaint got them worried and they suddenly shipped him a copy a couple days later.

White Man

A brief update from Ecro: Expect to be contacted by him over the next couple of days via PM or email. There's been another potential breakthrough. He shall explain.

:lol

I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh every time this thread is bumped. It's funny in a sad way. Good to hear that something is potentially happening though.

If Ecro has my email it's probably the one I used to sign up for this competition 4 years ago or whatever, so the account may or may not have been cancelled. So if you're reading this, contact via PM would be preferable. And also I can't believe you're still keeping at it. Kudos.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ecro rox

Hi,

Craig got back to me today, and wants me to collect everyone's home address.

As I said before, I'll be setting up another online survey to collect this information, so please don't reply to this email with your address. This is basically just a heads up that tomorrow or so you should be getting an email with details for a second survey.

Burger

Update from Ecro...

Hello again everyone!

Just a quick update. I've got the new survey finished. Took a few days
longer than I was hoping, but I got pulled into some things this weekend
I wasn't planning on getting pulled into. I'm still banned at GAF for a
few weeks, so I'm going to try to talk Evilore into unbanning me for a
few hours tomorrow so I can PM everyone the link to the survey.

If someone wouldn't mind, could one of you please update the thread to
ask people to make sure their PM boxes aren't full so I can PM them the
link?

Top Bottom