• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

http://www.destroyallcompetition.com/

Gaming sites of planet Earth,

Destroy the Competition and win a copy of Destroy All Humans! 2 for your entire website community! Show your loyalty to your favorite gaming site by participating in the DESTROY ALL COMPETITION gaming site contest.

Submit evidence of extra-terrestrial sightings; get your site friends to do so, and Destroy All Competition! Have a picture of a UFO or alien? Have a picture of you and your friends experiencing a close encounter? Have a picture of Crypto or other DAH! 2 characters in your local game store? Have a DAH! 2 themed message board signature? The possibilities are endless, so have fun and use your imagination! Please, no photo-shopped pictures.

Every contributing member of the winning game community wins a copy of Destroy All Humans! 2 for Xbox or PlayStation 2!

What could be better?

How about Destroying All Competition and having your site honored on THQ.com for its achievements? Or how about the top five individual contributors of any gaming community win a copy of Destroy All Humans! 2 for Xbox or PlayStation 2?

Best of luck to all communities, knock the socks off one another, and please don't forget to read the official contest rules and regulations.

May the best site win!

Basically, anyone who contributes and chooses GAF as their favorite gaming community can win a free copy of Destroy All Humans 2 on either the PS2 or Xbox if we get enough people to beat out the other sites. I figure that this being GAF we should easily be able to garner up enough support to pretty much get anyone interested a free copy of the game. Oh, and the top five contributers from GAF will win a free copy of the game regardless.

Post your "evidence" in this thread so we can see what everyone has done so far but remember to actually submit it here.

John Harker said:
wait, the whole forum wins a copy?

Destroy All Competition said:
Every contributing member of the winning game community wins a copy of Destroy All Humans! 2 for Xbox or PlayStation 2!

You just gotta submit a pic or something to be eligible, not everyone here wins although that would be tight.

blahness

m.jackson_trial.jpg

so easy

Joe Molotov

sorryaboutdresden said:
You just gotta submit a pic or something to be eligible, not everyone here wins although that would be tight.

Step #1: Submit a really crappy picture that you knocked up in 2 minutes.

Step #2: Wait for someone here with actual talent to make something really funny and original that wins the contest.

Step #3: Profit.

M3wThr33

Banned
Rank - Site - Members - Contributions
1 IGN 25 485
2 AMN 5 37
3 GameSpot 5 30
4 XBOX365 5 9
5 GamesSpy 3 62
6 1UP 2 27
7 WorthPlaying 2 3
8 Xbox Core 1 2
9 360 Evolved 1 2
10 GamerTagPics 1 1

Could we even beat IGN at 485?

S. L.

M3wThr33 said:
Rank - Site - Members - Contributions
1 IGN 25 485
2 AMN 5 37
3 GameSpot 5 30
4 XBOX365 5 9
5 GamesSpy 3 62
6 1UP 2 27
7 WorthPlaying 2 3
8 Xbox Core 1 2
9 360 Evolved 1 2
10 GamerTagPics 1 1

Could we even beat IGN at 485?
why don't we all vote for ign then?

M3wThr33

Banned
Well, I put in a dozen or so for Gaming Age.

Edit:
From browsing the site, accepted pictures include screenshots of the game, pictures of Alf, some autopsy shots of people, etc.
So basically if you upload weird-ish pictures, they might be accepted.

M3wThr33 said:
Well, I put in a dozen or so for Gaming Age.

Edit:
From browsing the site, accepted pictures include screenshots of the game, pictures of Alf, some autopsy shots of people, etc.
So basically if you upload weird-ish pictures, they might be accepted.

Haha there you go. I really think GAF has what it takes to beat IGN. They only have like 25 contributing members so i figure we can at least double that.

IJoel

Joe Molotov said:
Step #1: Submit a really crappy picture that you knocked up in 2 minutes.

Step #2: Wait for Jarosh to make something really funny and original that wins the contest.

Step #3: Profit.

Fixed!

:p

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Someone needs to change the title to something more catching, like....

GAF ENTER CONTEST. WIN GOOD STUFF. CLICK HERE NOW. JAROSH PHOTOSHOP SOMETHING.

John Harker

i just looked through 460 pictures of the last couple years of E3 and not ONE damn alien. bah.

nataku

John Harker said:
i just looked through 460 pictures of the last couple years of E3 and not ONE damn alien. bah.

Just search on google images or something... seems like that is what most of the pics submitted are anyway.

Vard

There's this random black speck of dirt on my window. I took a picture of it and it kind of looks like it's outside in the sky... so I'll be sending that one in to help the cause!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Most of the IGN ones are submitted by two users, I just submitted some, will submit more after I'm done doing some work.

John Harker

k, i submitted some.

c'mon people, we aint even listed. Why can't we unite on this? ehh?
Yous people kill for swag, and here we get a free game... I expect more action.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
tegdf said:
why isn't DOH2 coming to 360?
huh?

maybe because the development schedule had its production begin at a time that made it impossible to build it from the ground up for 360?

What does it matter anyway? It'll be backwards compatible.

John Harker

1,029 people has viewed this thread

IF YOU ALL SUBMIT 1, WE WIN.

I have no idea why I care so much.

John Harker

And when you're done submitting about 30 you took yourself... Google image some funny alien pics and upload them. They count, cause you gotta save them to your comp first, uh, therefor they are yours... right....

M3wThr33

Banned
You can click the list to see the top 3 submitters.
It's obvious some of the people are submitting in more than one site to guarantee victory. That's cheating.

Mairu

So is there anything stopping someone from waiting until the contest is almost over and then submitting a photo for the site that's in the lead?

M3wThr33

Banned
You guys don't seem to understand how this works.

You submit a picture of something alien-ish along with your forum's username and the forum.

Then if approved, your username gets credit and the forum does.

Then at the end of the contest, the forum with the most submissions wins, plus the top 5 submitters.

This has nothing to do with good images. This is an image spam contest.
Quantity is more important that quality, folks.

Edit:
Yes, this DOES seem broken with the ability to join a forum late in the game.
Hell, you can see already certain users submitted to ALL the forums.
I hope this is addressed.

M3wThr33 said:
You guys don't seem to understand how this works.

You submit a picture of something alien-ish along with your forum's username and the forum.

Then if approved, your username gets credit and the forum does.

Then at the end of the contest, the forum with the most submissions wins, plus the top 5 submitters.

This has nothing to do with good images. This is an image spam contest.
Quantity is more important that quality, folks.

po.21347.jpg

Top Bottom