• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

TJ Spyke

Add me to the lsit of those still without anything. At this point, maybe they should just give a $50 gift card (price of the game last year when we were supposed to get it) good for THQ games. I could use it for WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 on Wii. :D

Downhome

I received mine, but the disc was lose, all scratched up, and they never did get back to me about sending me a replacement even thought they promised that they'd do so.

goMaki

Just wondering whats going on with those of us still waiting for our 360 copies. Anyone from THQ say anything about the Wii version? Heck DAH3 was announced before the Wii version and its coming out quicker. No rush though, I'm sure both games will be awesome.

*Roxy*

M3wThr33

Banned
Wow. This is old. I don't think anyone should expect anything anymore.
Oh. I guess they're waiting for DAH3 to come out, I guess.

Somebody refresh my memory, as I'm sure as not reading thru this entire thread. Was this debacle THQ's fault? That one website's fault? Or some promotional company's fault?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Somebody refresh my memory, as I'm sure as not reading thru this entire thread. Was this debacle THQ's fault? That one website's fault? Or some promotional company's fault?

THQ outsourced the marketing to some advertiser, so its their fault. Of course THQ never gave a damn since it wasn't run directly by them and the other company doesn't care since they aren't working on this anymore.

TJ Spyke

Yeah, i'm annoyed I never got it either. THQ, just let me get one of your Wii games for free as compensation (the contest was held when DAH2 was new and thus $50).

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
we should class action their ass

I never got my copy :(

EDIT:
Or write Penny Arcade about it and if they feel like its post worthy thousands of angry readers will slam THQ with complaints beyond anything we could imagine.

EDIT:
Or write Penny Arcade about it and if they feel like its post worthy thousands of angry readers will slam THQ with complaints beyond anything we could imagine.

You know... a few people have come up with ideas like this... you know... to send an email to a website primary covering videogames. I think someone should do it. Hell, maybe I'll do it. I just don't really feel like it right now. >_>

The release of Path of the Furon draws ever closer. This is THQ's final opportunity to make good on their promise. If they don't, we will strike them where it hurts most, scaling their ramparts and raiding their fortress.... or we'll just concede defeat. idk just give me the fucking game.

The 360 version, which was promised to those who asked for the Xbox version in 2006, releases November 3rd. I'm not entirely sure what was promised to those who asked for the PS2 version. Candy? I don't know, honestly. I know that ecrofirt sent our addresses to THQ, or whoever it was who ran this disastrous promotion, but I'm not sure if it's still up in the air or not whether we'll receive the games or not. I would assume that we will be getting the games, but who knows... they probably forgot all about the addresses and everything by now, and are carelessly swimming in money.

I realize that I've been persistent in reviving this topic, but I just feel like it would be better if it isn't forgotten, if it could possibly mean that we'll get the free game we were offered almost 2 years ago. I am a man of principle, I guess... or I just really like to get shit for free.

Ploid 3.0

sublime085 said:
Holy crap it's been almost TWO YEARS! :lol

We ain't getting shit.

lol ok I feel a bit better for not getting in on time for a free game.

At least I got my PSX Treasure Planet game. :]

Evander said:
Wait, they're making a 360 version of number 2, or are they "going to" give you all copies of number 3 for 360?

From what I remember, those of us who asked for the Xbox version of DAH2 were offered Path of the Furon for 360.

I regret not going with the Xbox version. It's not fair. I get nothing. :(
The rest of you probably will too though. Bet that Craig guy isn't with THQ anymore and they've all forgotten about this. Wonder if MisterTHQ knows or can do anything?

Ronabo

Woa I was just thinking about this thread earlier.
I was at a Half Price Books today and they had a sealed copy of the Xbox version for sale for like $8. :lol

I wondered if somebody won it locally and sold it off.

I still never played the second game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sorry for the bump but are we still getting the X360 version for this fuck up? I'm still ain't forgetting this.

If they don't, I say we start a campaign to boycott this game and make this game bomba faster than Beowulf.

ghostmind

When I emailed the THQ rep back in August 2007, he said he`d keep my email on file and fulfill my request when the game ships. We shall see.

Az987

all good things
I remember coming in second for most pictures posted lol

Glad i got my copy.. even though the game kinda sucked, and it looks like the new one is gonna suck to since it costs 40$

JdFoX187

Banned
Az987 said:
I remember coming in second for most pictures posted lol

Glad i got my copy.. even though the game kinda sucked, and it looks like the new one is gonna suck to since it costs 40$
A free game is still a free game. I was thinking about this the other day :lol

And thank you to ghostmind and those who continued to harrass THQ after all this time. I agree with Wario, we should boycott this game unless they give us free copies that they promised.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I think I was supposed to get a free copy too -- I entered by the listed deadline, although the website closed down their "enter now" page before the deadline occurred. Oh well... my e-mail, entry, and data were sent off, but I got nothing back!

TJ Spyke

Just to echo the comments, I haven't gotten my copy yet either.

Either the Xbox 360 version of Destroy All Humans!: Path of the Furon or the Wii game Destroy All Humans!: Big Willy Unleashed[/] would be OK replacements.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
TJ Spyke said:
I actually was. I loved the first game and wanted to try the sequel.

I can't imagine Destroy All Humans 2 is any more than $15, if you loved the first game so much then go buy it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Uhhh yeah guys, I don't think you'll be getting it after two years, I do agree it's unfair. Look on the bright side though, the game wasn't that great, I don't think I played it again after the first week.

neonglow

I was reminded of this thread when I saw that 360 game coming out next week. I never did get my copy from THQ, but eventually did buy the game on clearance somewhere.

Top Bottom