• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 Update Nerfs All Five Classes - Players are pissed

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
But thats one skill. Use the other 4 or 5
Tell me how you have not passed level 45 without actually telling me you have not passed level 45.

There isn't much build diversity in these classes. By the time you are level 80+ you are pretty locked in with your paragon board and ancient/unique items which center around a skill by the way...not all of them.

While YES...the addition of the season mechanic will argument each of the classes with, potentially, crazy amounts of power you still need to get BACK to 80 to enjoy that...and that's a tall order if you are just rolling a new character (which you have to do) and playing through the season while skipping the story content.

Last edited:
first time GIF

Its the Blizzard way.

DavidGzz

1st season and I will try a new class so technically zero nerfs for me, it's just the way it is from the get-go. People are so whiney for everything lol

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
I'm glad they've made my lvl 50 sorc even more useless, and nerfed all the fun out of the game. This means I can finally get into Divinity Original Sin 2. Seems like the perfect time to start with BG3 on the way.

phant0m

I'm glad they've made my lvl 50 sorc even more useless, and nerfed all the fun out of the game. This means I can finally get into Divinity Original Sin 2. Seems like the perfect time to start with BG3 on the way.
i actually like Diablo 4 quite a lot, but DoS2 is a leagues better RPG.

unlurkified

Nope they are all overreacting. Typical of internet culture

There was more buffs than nerfs in this patch. And the classes are still just as strong
Just not true. Abilities that got buffs were only by 5-10%. A lot of additive dmg bonuses got buffed but the big multiplicative ones like crit and vulnerable got gutted 40-50%. Survivability has been nerfed a lot too. Basically you die more easily and do significantly less damage now, pretty much across the board.

Tg89

Blizzard has no idea how to design gameplay these days, been that way for a while. They're just throwing shit at the wall. Whatever, D4 was good for a week.

HoodWinked

the nerfs are so strange, because the stuff that was mid was nerfed but the OP stuff wasn't really.

WereNado build is still OP, shred build still wipes Lilith

And Rogue poison/stagger build still cheeses Lilith.

Last edited:

hinch7

WoW doesn’t cater to the ultra hardcore nor does this Diablo 4 patch

I mean I understand that you absolutely have to input your uninformed hot take
Sure, I'll bite. Played through most wow expansions and Blizzard nearly always balances towards the top players (or hardcore). They always balance classe/abilities from data from the top down. Be it raids, mythics, PVP etc. What trickles down to other players is what you get. We're talking end game content which they balance for. Not levelling. Its the same with most other MMO's with an active player base.

So take my "uninformed take" as you will. What is your input then? Other than trying to gaslight.. Curious.

Last edited:

Freeman76

There was more buffs than nerfs in this patch. And the classes are still just as strong
Spoken by someone who obviously doesnt play it. This patch ruined sorceror completely. I know you are just trolling but some people will read that and believe it.

mxbison

I was actually thinking of grinding a few more levels and atleast complete the last capstone dungeon. Maybe not.

Chukhopops

Checked notes for my class and yeah it’s mostly buffs (Druid).

Don’t play other classes aside from a low level rogue so can’t comment on other classes.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Jokes on them. I swapped out aspect of control for the Ice Spikes, and they were super effective, but I think I will have to swap that out for more damage. My build is unorthodox and went through many iterations. It's not even a typical Shards sorc(went online recently and my build isn't even optimal). So, before I get pissed, I'm going to do some testing, because I don't use any fire skills in my build, minus fire shield. I left many, MANY good Legendary Astrals in my stash, just for this shitty moment.

I don't like the general nerfs, though. That's my one-off, for now.

K2D

Banned
Gotta pad out the gameplay experience to avoid more players complaining about lack of content..

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Cant wait until they all find fault with Baldersgate and then threaten to move onto barbies dreamhouse adventures!

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, glad I did the campaign and bounced. Will probably get my money's worth by redoing the campaign on other classes but it fucking blows that anything harder than world tier 2 is gated by endgame.

They need to make it so once I unlock T3 I can have it on new characters.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Don’t care about nerv’s or buffs but the patch made the game even slower. Respecting my time even less.
Not gonna bother playing anytime soon. And that breaks my heart as a die hard Diablo fan. I disliked the campaign as is and the game felt underwhelming as is.

How could it come to this. :(

Reallink

Don’t care about nerv’s or buffs but the patch made the game even slower. Respecting my time even less.
Not gonna bother playing anytime soon. And that breaks my heart as a die hard Diablo fan. I disliked the campaign as is and the game felt underwhelming as is.

How could it come to this. :(

Slower is the point. The faster people get to cap, the faster they quit, and the faster they stop buying $15 horse armor. They would actually prefer a lot of people quit if they're not buying stuff out of the cash shop cause they're literally costing them money by continuing to play (server time and upkeep).

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
So, I've started a chain sorc after 50 levels of shred druid boredom (all druid builds are grind-dependant on a special item).

And now chain Sorc is basically trash.

Brilliant. Time to end this misery. With all it's faults Diablo 3 after the console release was always fun to play for any class. Here, I'm actually struggling for tens of hours with any melee charachter (bause you need aspects and items for them to be fun), and more chill classes are basically useless and paper-thin in def now. Marvelous.

Last edited:

Zheph

So, I've started a chain sorc after 50 levels of shred druid boredom (all druid builds are grind-dependant on a special item).

And now chain Sorc is basically trash.

Brilliant. Time to end this misery. With all it's faults Diablo 3 after the console release was always and constantly fun to play for any class. Here, I'm actually struggling for tens of hours with any melee charachter (bause you need aspects and items for them to be fun), and more chill classes are basically useless and paper-thin in def now. Marvelous.
chain Sorc was already trash

Mephisto40

I can understand why people are mad at the update, but it seems to me like they've nerfed the single build people are using for each class, rather than the entire class itself

I don't see much of an issue with them making more builds viable

Zheph

I can understand why people are mad at the update, but it seems to me like they've nerfed the single build people are using for each class, rather than the entire class itself

I don't see much of an issue with them making more builds viable
They nerfed damage (vulnerable and critical) and damage reduction regardless of builds but yes the main builds for sorc/necro took a big hit also

Ozzie666

I was going to give season 1 a chance. Been resting and waiting. But now I am not so sure. I usually just enjoy these games for a time then stop. I keep thinking Diablo 3 eventually got to a really good fun place. So, I hold out hope things could improve.

Top Bottom