• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

draliko

Necro as always is really good with multiple nocs but suffer from single target damage (as it should be), I was main sorc on d3, gonne be necro or sorc again until seasons hit. Sorc was more fun to play than d3.

DavidGzz

That's sounds like more of a subjective/personal thing. I highly doubt that Diablo is based of DND. It's kind of its own thing and its own universe. Because then, you can just easily say that any fantasy game is = DND lol which is 100% not the case.

We can agree to disagree. Conan the Barbarian and Strider from Lord of the Rings are pretty different. That's the difference I am talking about. A knight in shining armor vs. a Viking is another example. Even classes with subtle differences like a Paladin vs. a Cleric are their own class. Diablo has always been very D&D. It essentially feels like its own module/adventure like Ravenloft, for example. The original game was even supposed to be turn based using a a grid based system. You can even see it in the way the character moves. In 4 directions. Even the Rogue in D4 reminds me of D&D. The knife throwing, bow/dagger using, and dexterous combatants.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Necro as always is really good with multiple nocs but suffer from single target damage (as it should be), I was main sorc on d3, gonne be necro or sorc again until seasons hit. Sorc was more fun to play than d3.
Actually, necro has one of the highest single target DPS in the game, as long as your target is big enough and you're close.

Bone splinters hits for about 200 damage each, and if all 3 hit, that's 600. That's before any legendary aspect modifiers too.

Warablo

Uniques and Sacred/Ancestral exist in Diablo 4. Those have been confirmed for end game. How does it rain too much loot? You will out level the early levels anyways. Regular legendaries are not as good as Sacred or Ancestral legendaries and are much more rarer. Stop basing off itemization off 25 levels of the game dude. Runewords are also coming back.
I enjoyed the beta, just felt strange you ignore most of the drops unless its yellow or orange so fast.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Y'all got any more of that Diablo IV?

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

Art Direction still feels cartoony. Like a darker more drab d3. I think it has to do with the proportions of characters/ sets, and the smooth painterly textures & lighting. Hues are pushed too much too for glows

Just because its darker doesnt make it look and feel like D1/D2. It lacks that gritty realism. And personally, that’s what im looking for in my Diablo

Last edited:
Necro with the skill that creates corpses as you do damage is great as single DPS. I also use the skill that depletes all your mana for single burst DPS output since I only use corpse explosion plus popping blood mist all the time to create corpses

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
To refresh my memory, I was reading up on what Diablo III was like after they nerfed Inferno difficulty. I also noticed that Blizzard wiped the achievements for beating Diablo on Inferno. It would have been nice to keep it as a record. The only record I have now is the OT thread on Neogaf lol.

It was May 23 2012, and if I remember correctly the world first Diablo Inferno win was on May 19th. Not bad!

REEEENNNTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

NIIIIIIIIIICCCCCEEEEEEEE
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/diablo-iii-ot2-queues-rise-servers-fall.474246/post-38122120

Now that my girl is nerfed, I need to rethink my build a bit. At least we were able to kill Inferno Diablo in time :)

Thanks Shouta! And Hazard!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Huh, I thought that trading was better than in D3. Oh well, I do solo almost always.
A lot of the grinding involves finding the perfect rare item to imprint a legendary, so even if you can only trade rares, that's still a big chunk. I feel there's a lot of excessive twinking going on if they allowed legendary trades.

DavidGzz

Inferno isn't a difficulty in D3 anymore. The only tough boss in D3 on torment 16 is Mathael and even he is a pushover with a normal build that isnt going for pure speed.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Any official dev response about the high vram usage and the stuttering with high textures? It better be fixed by release.

Boneless

Art Direction still feels cartoony. Like a darker more drab d3. I think it has to do with the proportions of characters/ sets, and the smooth painterly textures & lighting. Hues are pushed too much too for glows

Just because its darker doesnt make it look and feel like D1/D2. It lacks that gritty realism. And personally, that’s what im looking for in my Diablo

It does not look cartoony.

jaysius

Banned
I think I've grown out of these type games, I just got sick of the loop level 25 rogue, it was fun, the part that killed me was when I realized the loop was so... repetitive.

I started a sorcerer, it was a bit more fun, but still ugh.

At $90 CND... yeaa hard pass for me.

amigastar

Thats some bull**** right there. He wants Diablo 4 to be P2W. I'm disappoint although i just saw Asmongold for the first time, so what do i know.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Thats some bull**** right there. He wants Diablo 4 to be P2W. I'm disappoint although i just saw Asmongold for the first time, so what do i know.
It's tongue in cheek. As a gamer, he doesn't want it, but as a streamer and content creator, it's undeniable that he gets more click/views, and thus more money, from controversy and drama, which will definitely occur if Diablo 4 is pay to win.

You would want Diablo 4 to be pay to win too if you got $20,000 in your bank account because of it.

Luipadre

The amount of clickbait d4 youtube videos that shits on the game hooooly. These "content creators" are embarrassing with a very few exception

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Til this day I don't see why anyone subscribes to his channel dude is a grade A egomaniac. Since the game doesn't "excite" him he doesn't like it and noone else should like it either.
What? Asmongold likes the game and is going to play it on release.

PeteBull

Is the Diablo 4 map supposed to be a different area of Sanctuary than Diablo 1/2/3?
Diablo1 was tristram and 16 floors of undergrounds, in hellfire xpack it had 4 more, accessed from tristram too, it was amazing at the time, actually made new genre and it even hold up very well when i played it on my pc in summer 2017, but it was relatively small game.
D2 with LoD expack(and now d2r) is so much bigger map wise, in D3 u visit many places from d2 lod indeed, who knows what places u gonna visit in d4 but from leaks they saying (and u can guess from cinematics too ;p) on top of that huge map we will go underground to hell for sizeable chunk of time too.

On top of it all endgame gonna be those dungeons( those in beta were all ez mode but later on harder difficulty modes there are new much harder mechanics introduced and it makes aproach to playing/beating bosses in there totally different- thats at least what i heard diablo alpha player leaked in one of podcasts( in polish :p) .

Joramun

So, I created a Druid first and the class needs some buffs. Needs better tanking and DPS.

Created a Necro after and that thing is tanky and powerful.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Is the Diablo 4 map supposed to be a different area of Sanctuary than Diablo 1/2/3?

One of the 5 acts overlaps with a Diablo 3 location but wether it’ll be in the same shape it was we don’t know.

It’s not really a spoiler because you can find about it in the beta but it wasn’t obvious so I won’t say if you don’t ask.

Last edited:
Diablo1 was tristram and 16 floors of undergrounds, in hellfire xpack it had 4 more, accessed from tristram too, it was amazing at the time, actually made new genre and it even hold up very well when i played it on my pc in summer 2017, but it was relatively small game.
D2 with LoD expack(and now d2r) is so much bigger map wise, in D3 u visit many places from d2 lod indeed, who knows what places u gonna visit in d4 but from leaks they saying (and u can guess from cinematics too ;p) on top of that huge map we will go underground to hell for sizeable chunk of time too.

On top of it all endgame gonna be those dungeons( those in beta were all ez mode but later on harder difficulty modes there are new much harder mechanics introduced and it makes aproach to playing/beating bosses in there totally different- thats at least what i heard diablo alpha player leaked in one of podcasts( in polish :p) .
Man diablo 1 was such an insane experience, me and two friends played it every night together and kept talking about it while in school during the day. One of my best online gaming moments with ultima online and everquest

Last edited:

Hot5pur

They said they will release a video on endgame systems shortly after the beta, has this happened in case I missed it. I imagine they are busy so it may be a few weeks.
Based on the map this game is massive. Just the beta alone had so much stuff, especially the strongholds which are arguably the best part. More of those please, they perfectly capture the fun of exploration, danger and reward, especially since they can be at a higher level than you are.

But back to the map, it's actually crazy if they can pull this off. And people are saying there are hell zones? Are there videos or articles about that?

I dunno I really haven't been this excited for a long time. I don't even care about waiting for a few more months, just give us more stuff to ponder over, perhaps a bit more lore, more dev diaries to explain the systems they build. You want to drink this game in like a tall glass of heavy yogurt drink (is that an expression?). Oh and I case I sound like a giddy teenager, you should all know I'm a grown ass man in his mid 30s, and my wife is equally excited.

Antwix

But back to the map, it's actually crazy if they can pull this off. And people are saying there are hell zones? Are there videos or articles about that?
You mean Helltide? This video ( LINK ) goes over pretty much all the endgame type stuff and he talks about the helltide events at 4:12. I'm sure the Diablo 4 dev blog has stuff about it too.

This video as well @ 11:00 - LINK

There's no actual video footage that I know of just yet though. Just some basic info.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Man diablo 1 was such an insane experience, me and two friends played it every night together and kept talking about it while in school during the day. One of my best online gaming moments with ultima online and everquest

Yeah, for me that game and experience will never be topped. It was life. The atmosphere, addictive grind, and my first real online experience making friends and enemies(fucking player killers lol) was an insane package.

Yeah, for me that game and experience will never be topped. It was life. The atmosphere, addictive grind, and my first real online experience making friends and enemies(fucking player killers lol) was an insane package.
It was, I went on to play ultima online with these friends and then everquest with one of them. Golden age of gaming for me. I feel all of these games were revolutionary for me.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

The thing about Diablo 1 was that it was essentially forced hardcore. You die and all of your equipment scatters around you. You have to equip shit gear to fight your way back to it. With my 56k free college connection I had to pray I wasn't disconnected mid retrieval. That was the original "Retrieval!" for me. Then you had hackers and player killers killing you and taking all of your shit lol. I remember a dude telling me he was going to help me in hell only to kill me as soon as I went down to join him. Good times.

The thing about Diablo 1 was that it was essentially forced hardcore. You die and all of your equipment scatters around you. You have to equip shit gear to fight your way back to it. With my 56k free college connection I had to pray I wasn't disconnected mid retrieval. That was the original "Retrieval!" for me. Then you had hackers and player killers killing you and taking all of your shit lol. I remember a dude telling me he was going to help me in hell only to kill me as soon as I went down to join him. Good times.
Yeah, being nervous all the time while playing with people I didnt know. I also remember the first time a player joined my game and started to drop duped rare items in the game and I was so innocent and wondering how he did this

Also wow, rogue soloed world boss:

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

This was depressing to read.

Diablo sounded way more interesting back in the day.

Top Bottom