• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Jesus Christ lmao
It literally sucks ass world tier 2 feels like some Uber hardcore difficulty with him
So what's the best class to lvl than
Since I'm still lvl 28 I think I can restart a character when I buy the game because druid just feels lackluster.

It helps to know how to build. If you do the correct basic and core ability leveling wise with Druid you’ll be fine.

That said, Rogue leveling is by far the coolest. Most varied builds, fast, and fun.

Sorc and Necro are tied.

Barb and Druid are the least fun to level, and I would put Barb lower than Druid because at least Druid leveling you can do a lighting/thunder build to have some fun. Barb just doesn’t come online for say whirlwind until WT4.

I just started season 2 last night (been traveling with work) and it's got its hooks back into me already. Playing as a druid and just following a build guide for leveling. Seems pretty powerful to me although only an hour or two (at most) in. Will get to level 50 then figure out what I want to be.

I was enjoying season 1 but just stopped playing. Hopefully this one keeps me interested longer. I like the vampire stuff so far.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My best friend roped me back into a session earlier.

I think this season's story is like a thousand times better so far, at least early on. I like this sultry, mysterious vampire hunter lady.

I went necromancer again because, why not? I like the class and it pairs really well with my pal's hunter or whatever he is. Necro feels a little OP. Even on elevated tiers I'm just rolling through destroying mobs of enemies before I can even take them all in. I am constantly regenerating health and have a solid way to disengage if I need to.

We briefly teamed up with a sorcerer, and it made me want to try that class out. It looks like an overly busy class to play, but they were doing some insane damage.

DavidGzz

It's funny how the little tweaks and not having to see status effects spam on the screen has made this way more addictive. I need to quit playing so much so I can finish Alan Wake 2 and Spiderman 2 but it's tough! Can't wait to see what they reveal at Blizzcon for D4!

DavidGzz

The panel was a win. 3 days for the malignant heart rings and a couple of weeks for the additional seasonal content. Season 3 should be fun. I like that they talked about bringing the armory back and that they will be working on itemization.

splattered

Any chance anyone here has some open spots in an active guild? I have a few other people also looking for a guild. My guild from launch/s1 totally stopped playing. I'm like level 76 infinimist necro and digging it... Need to run high NM dungeons to get better gear for my build. Right now I'm wearing whatever and missing affixes and gems etc. WT4 farmable bosses destroying me except for Varshan haha

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Season 2 has been fun as heck, my interest in the game is back in a big way. Working on my 3rd level 100 character of the season.

Also, I just had knee surgery and since I'm stuck on the couch I double-dipped on the Xbox Series X version. And I'm amazed at how much better the controls feel on console compared to the PC. I don't think I will play this game on PC again. Not having to click to move is amazing. I did not expect it enjoy the console version more than the PC version at all.

Antwix

Season 2 has been fun as heck, my interest in the game is back in a big way. Working on my 3rd level 100 character of the season.

Also, I just had knee surgery and since I'm stuck on the couch I double-dipped on the Xbox Series X version. And I'm amazed at how much better the controls feel on console compared to the PC. I don't think I will play this game on PC again. Not having to click to move is amazing. I did not expect it enjoy the console version more than the PC version at all.
I should try controller some time.... Diablo has always been ingrained into my brain as kb/m.

DavidGzz

I'm right there with you. 3 characters, 1 100, 1 97, and I will be playing the hell out of my rogue during the boosted xp week coming up. Controller is way better for me as well. The comfort level alone makes a big difference.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
My buddy is bonkers.

Farmed 100 duriel runs completely solo. breakdown of everything you'd want to know:

Got my Shako last Saturday at about 70-80 Duriel runs, my brother (which I did all the runs with) did not get it yet.
And two runs after I got another uber unique helm (Andariel's visage), but useless as I got the Shako.

We were in a group of 4 and planned to do 10 runs each, so 40 in total, and got it when it was my turn to summon it, at around the 20th of the night.
We did that the Saturday before and my brother got Andariel's visage that time.

Note : it seems that ubers drop with another unique each time, but sometimes you get two uniques and none is an uber.
So when we got two uniques that were a Helm and something else we were hoping it was the Shako, but most of the time it was Godslayer crown.

Back to farming this week to try another 40 runs on Saturday.

Now I just need another Shako so I can dismantle it to change its color 😅

amigastar

Hello there,
i'm planning to play D4 again, i've played only to lvl 50 at launch. Is the game better now, is it worth to revisit?

Mortisfacio

Hello there,
i'm planning to play D4 again, i've played only to lvl 50 at launch. Is the game better now, is it worth to revisit?

It's definitely a better game overall. Classes are better. Quite a bit of QoL improvements. More farmable loot through 5 new endgame bosses. Just S2 content was better than S3. The vaults suck in S3 and the pet companion isn't too great largely because pet AI in this game still sucks. S2 was definitely better than S3, but since you've played neither, you'll still benefit from many changes introduced in S2 that weren't season specific, but permanent additions to the game.

Last edited:
I have server issues with this fucking game every time I try to play it. They couldnt have just allowed us to play offline if we wanted?! Fuck these companies and this always online BS.

My experience with this game has been miserable! Not because I think the game is bad..i like it..purely because the online is trash!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I have server issues with this fucking game every time I try to play it. They couldnt have just allowed us to play offline if we wanted?! Fuck these companies and this always online BS.

My experience with this game has been miserable! Not because I think the game is bad..i like it..purely because the online is trash!

I like the game but this all the way. Let me fucking play an offline game!

sendit

Did you read it in the patch notes?
Yes

This: "The Health pool of Echo of Malphas has been increased by 30%."
Game: "Defeating Echo of Malphas will now reward more Legendary items. Additionally, Item Level 925 items will drop more often."
Is: "Finding a max level Governing or Tuning Stone will now grant 150 –200 Shattered Stone."
Dead: "Finding a max level Governing or Tuning Stone will now grant 150 –200 Shattered Stone."

DavidGzz

Good patch. The vaults are fun now. 10 stacks are nice. I was able to open my first extra chest at the end lol. Also, the pet is leveling up fast and is pretty strong now.

Mortisfacio

Got my barb to 100, killed all bosses including uber lilith and cleared NM 100. The core gameplay loop I enjoy after all the patch updates, but I wish 90-100 was a bit better and that there was a bit more to do at 100. Guess I'll return whenever they get around to actually releasing the leaderboards they said were coming with S3, but since delayed. At this point all I really have to "achieve" is get some unique S3 parts and still never got my unique helm to drop. Long term I expect them to have a bit more to do after 100, but it's been so slow for them to add more content. Also eager to see what the itemization changes are, because the current situation is a nightmare.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Did a sorch this season. I agree with the comments about level 90 to 100...major slog still.
Never been a fan of ladder play in any diablo so that will not draw me in. We will see what they have instore for the itemization changes but I am not holding my breath.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think for me I’ve decided what my one major issue is with D4.

They aren’t keeping any seasonal content in the game. So when you go back to it for a new season the game is of course going to feel boring because there’s only a small bit of content to do, which you wrap up with long before maxing out, and then are expected to do the same shit once again up until and at the max levels.

They’ve solved the games issue with 3 seasons of content IF it was still in the game. They decided to not go the PoE method thinking it creates bloat or balancing issues, but instead they’ve just made an intentional FOMO seasonal approach, but harming the game overall with lack of content.

They need to go into season 5 to create a mega season including all past season mechanics, and some new stuff, to just test it out.

Season 4 is basically around the corner so they can’t do that, but with 5 they could definitely switch gears to do just this.

Players would be less concerned with bloat or broken builds in a ARPG compared to being bored shitless.

Mortisfacio

I think for me I’ve decided what my one major issue is with D4.

They aren’t keeping any seasonal content in the game. So when you go back to it for a new season the game is of course going to feel boring because there’s only a small bit of content to do, which you wrap up with long before maxing out, and then are expected to do the same shit once again up until and at the max levels.

They’ve solved the games issue with 3 seasons of content IF it was still in the game. They decided to not go the PoE method thinking it creates bloat or balancing issues, but instead they’ve just made an intentional FOMO seasonal approach, but harming the game overall with lack of content.

They need to go into season 5 to create a mega season including all past season mechanics, and some new stuff, to just test it out.

Season 4 is basically around the corner so they can’t do that, but with 5 they could definitely switch gears to do just this.

Players would be less concerned with bloat or broken builds in a ARPG compared to being bored shitless.

Definitely a problem. The only thing that persisted beyond a season so far is the 5 bosses you can summon.

If they end up releasing the gauntlet and leaderboards that were planned for season 3 and they don't extend beyond season 3, that will be a huge fumble. I enjoy the core gameplay loop up until 85-90 then i lose steam. Extra end game content and a carrot on a stick keeps people like myself around as I'm interested, just need more to do. At this point we have no idea when it's being released, though. It's amazing how poorly Blizzard has managed this game.

DavidGzz

Just not having to sit through all the BS affixes and being able to zoom out more has me pumped. Gonna make a dust devil barb and frozen orb sorc.

Mortisfacio

I like some of the new affixes as well such as chance for extra projectile. Half the stuff I'm pumped about are rips off of PoE, but that's fine.

Adding all legendary powers to Codex is huge too. Been suggested since beta. About time they did it.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Bringing forward the Kanai Cube (reusable legendary powers in the form of your aspects) mechanic is a great QOL addition imo.
Will be interesting to see what they are doing with reducing the drops vs providing higher quality/just better items.

Personally the last season was a slog for me, grinding out the unique tuning stones was soul crushingly boring. Excited to see what the next season brings.

As always, if folks are looking for a group hit up the NeoGaf clan, we are very active at the start of each season.

Last edited:

iQuasarLV

After 15 years of World of Warcraft Shenanigans, I was telling my friend about how contemporary Blizzard does not innovate they just copy.

With him and I playing Last Epoch for a few months he was shocked by this campfire when they announced the crafting system changes and he said, "They are just copying Last Epoch's system. Its a good move but it is not like they came up with it from scratch."

I feel as though they tried to copy PoE's system in their own style and failed horribly, so now that there is a better received system out there they are going to jump into that ring.

After the campfire chat I am not going to sing the praises of any moves they make in an attempt to save the Titanic after it hit the ice berg. It should have never gotten to that point.

cormack12

Gold Member
Bringing forward the Kanai Cube (reusable legendary powers in the form of your aspects) mechanic is a great QOL addition imo.
Will be interesting to see what they are doing with reducing the drops vs providing higher quality/just better items.

Personally the last season was a slog for me, grinding out the unique tuning stones was soul crushingly boring. Excited to see what the next season brings.

As always, if folks are looking for a group hit up the NeoGaf clan, we are very active at the start of each season.
Many Europeans in the clan?

Solarstrike

Gold Member
New patch imminent for both PC and console version(s, March 26, 2024

"Sanctuary will be further imbued with the luscious shadows and enhanced reflections of ray tracing, plus other visual enhancements...Players using GeForce RTX 40 Series can max out their ray tracing settings and frame rates with NVIDIA DLSS 3 Frame Generation, while other GeForce RTX users can accelerate performance with DLSS 2’s Super Resolution technology. With a GeForce RTX 40 Series GPU, you can multiply performance by up to 3X thanks to DLSS 3. "

3HVBH4RI7P8J1710880839025.gif

"This animated gif shows the contrast between ray tracing disabled (more pronounced, hard shadows from the Skeletons) and with ray tracing enabled (shadows are sparse, soft and realistic)."

54IFFB0N4XP71710880839793.gif

"In this Gif, ray tracing enables you to see the lightning reflecting off the water, plus more facets of the expansive environment."

Patch Notes:
Diablo IV patch 1.3.5
Diablo IV system requirements

Mortisfacio

Even on a 4090 its extremely heavy. Maxed out I get 70-120fps in 4K/DLAA with Frame Generation.

Yah... I'm on a 4090 as well, but only have a 2k monitor (ASUS Predator) and it's a noticeable impact. The positive note is over a year ago in closed beta they had RT available (noted to be early preview and unstable) and it crashed my game every 20-30 minutes. The general stability is there now, just very taxing.

Hot5pur

Raytacing looks a bit nicer and makes things more realistic for sure.
The game on the other hand is really underwhelming after playing last Epoch, it takes Diablo like 40 levels to feel as good as LE at level 15. I'm sure once you get all the right aspects Diablo 4 feels good too but I have a 60+ barb that I don't feel like touching lol
This game going to need more than an itemisation rework to keep up with it's peer. KFC marketing and pretty graphics will only take you so far (loved the campaign, I must admit, though open world design and level scaling in the end felt kinda bad)

Orbital2060

"Sanctuary will be further imbued with the luscious shadows and enhanced reflections of ray tracing, plus other visual enhancements...Players using GeForce RTX 40 Series can max out their ray tracing settings and frame rates with NVIDIA DLSS 3 Frame Generation, while other GeForce RTX users can accelerate performance with DLSS 2’s Super Resolution technology. With a GeForce RTX 40 Series GPU, you can multiply performance by up to 3X thanks to DLSS 3. "

"This animated gif shows the contrast between ray tracing disabled (more pronounced, hard shadows from the Skeletons) and with ray tracing enabled (shadows are sparse, soft and realistic)."

"In this Gif, ray tracing enables you to see the lightning reflecting off the water, plus more facets of the expansive environment."

Patch Notes:
Diablo IV patch 1.3.5
So thats what it is - I started playing again and thought it looked a LOT better. Makes a big difference in atmosphere, with all the shadows and lights bouncing around, fx in the cities. edit on series x

Last edited:

Patch Notes:
Diablo IV patch 1.3.5
Just tried it on series X I don't know if it's the jump from 60 to 30 but the game doesn't feel smooth atall looks like sma slideshow not worth it atall

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Just tried it on series X I don't know if it's the jump from 60 to 30 but the game doesn't feel smooth atall looks like sma slideshow not worth it atall
Not sure of the setting on the XBSX version. Some people reporting it's smooth. I think there's some setting(s) on the system you can toggle as well as settings for your televison. For example if you have a Samsung brand tv there's usually a setting for Judder Reduction, make sure it's set to full (10) for gaming. LED Clear Motion, leave Off.

TV_Picture_Auto-Motion-Plus-Settings_Custom.png

More information:
Samsung TV Settings

Not sure of the setting on the XBSX version. Some people reporting it's smooth. I think there's some setting(s) on the system you can toggle as well as settings for your televison. For example if you have a Samsung brand tv there's usually a setting for Judder Reduction, make sure it's set to full (10) for gaming. LED Clear Motion, leave Off.

TV_Picture_Auto-Motion-Plus-Settings_Custom.png

More information:
Samsung TV Settings
It's not that brother I'm 100 percent sure it has shit framepacing and feels 1000 times worse than 60 FPS mode

Top Bottom