• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

Luipadre

Anyone else had sound issues on PS5? mobs that were way louder than others, npc voices that were extremely quiet or loud, etc..?

Also issues with texture pop in on cutscenes?

texture popin was present on pc too. Cutscenes had fps issues and popin on every platform. It wasnt fully polished

a little ot but need help, any xbox gamer that can suggest some similar games to play in the wait? got grim dawn butis an awful port... thanks
Path of Exile is pretty much as close to a Diablo clone as you can get and it’s free to play, but you might want to dish out a bit for inventory upgrades if you intend to play long.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Im watching daily D4 content on youtube. I need to survive 2 more months

Disney River GIF
Youtube has been sending me a craptop of D4 recommendations like it knows me or something.

DavidGzz

Path of Exile is pretty much as close to a Diablo clone as you can get and it’s free to play, but you might want to dish out a bit for inventory upgrades if you intend to play long.

It's a free demo. People always talk like it's free, but anyone that is going to play it seriously has to buy stash space along with a currency stash. I ended up also getting some armor cosmetic since you always look homeless otherwise. It cost me more than most games after all of that lol

It's a free demo. People always talk like it's free, but anyone that is going to play it seriously has to buy stash space along with a currency stash. I ended up also getting some armor cosmetic since you always look homeless otherwise. It cost me more than most games after all of that lol
I got to the late endgame on one of the earlier seasons, and spent about $20 (which is pretty good for several months of play) It’s really not much if all you’re buying is a bit of stash/inventory space and auction slots (you kinda want those), and the rest of it is just auctioning and trading for whatever else you need once you’re late in the game and more often come across things people want.

It takes longer than just buying everything with real world cash obviously, but the trading in that game can be quite fun since it has one bizarre economy in that there’s no real set currency and it becomes a game upon itself of trading this for that, rather than some set amount of in game currency.

Last edited:
picked up D2 for PS5 during the sale. I only ever played 3 and enjoyed it a ton and enjoyed the 4 beta both weekends. Gonna start it after I finish RE4 remake.

Joramun

Oh that's easy, I just got it mainly for use on PC years ago and don't play games a lot in general. A couple of face buttons are getting a tiny bit sticky but I was pleased that it was instantly recognized and worked with D4 though.
Which version of Windows are you running by the way? 10 or 11?

picked up D2 for PS5 during the sale. I only ever played 3 and enjoyed it a ton and enjoyed the 4 beta both weekends. Gonna start it after I finish RE4 remake.
Yeah, I picked it up there too.

I just wanted to try the Necromancer DLC in Diablo 3 and I already had the original Ps4 version with the extra reaper of souls act, but it was literally cheaper to just buy the premium copy of the Diablo 2 remaster, with the full version of Diablo 3 with all the dlc attached as a bonus than it was to buy that one piece of DLC separately for what I already owned.

To be fair the cutscene improvements are worth it, and it does seem to so far be a remaster faithful to the original while improving on it.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

The beta ruined other arpgs for me. I tried going back to Wolcen..but no lol. It's still excellent but Diablo is on another level. Last epoch? Looks so bland and clunky in comparison. It's not a fair comparison given the resources these studios have, but, they knew D4 was coming and they will be kinda screwed for not releasing stuff earlier. Also Wolcen "act 4" is a bunch of random maps with cutscenes and they broke all exiting endgame characters.

I got a good 20 hours of beta that was 100% pure enjoyment repeating the same content with 5 classes. Fractured peaks is only 1/5th of the total map, not including hell zones. Game feels massive, and if they can pull off ramping the grandeur of it all over the campaign it will be incredible. I imagine the later zones will have more interesting bosses, set pieces and quest lines, not they absolutely need to, but I think pacing is something most studios take seriously.

As for the power fantasy, it seems they took each class and all possible skill combinations and augmentations, and distributed then among the skill point system and gear. Really smart, which will make finding gear even more exciting. Yes builds will be highly gear dependent but maybe that just makes the playthrough more special, maybe instead of immediately spec-ing into the meta people will actually optimize their toons based on what they end up with, could actually lead to more variety.

As for the world and exploration, it's pretty nice. It's evident that stuff has to be re-used and there is some repetitiveness, and sure some side quests are quite derivative, but given the scope it's understandable. I was actually surprised by some side quests that were split across multiple instances. And some were quite humorous (MORE!!!). And strongholds are fantastic, exactly hit the exploration and discovery nail on the head. World boss was also fun, but I wish it was possible to trigger it without having to plan your life around the event.

Endgame wise, I'm not sure how it will go. This is where a lot of stuff can get stale. The only game where I wanted to keep doing endgame stuff is outriders. The gameplay was just so incredibly fun and the prospect of finding key set gear to improve the clear time for better rewards felt like a worthy challenge to keep striving for.

I know there are many complaints about this game, but overall it's miles ahead of how D3 launched for its time. They got so much right that the flaws seem like trivial things, mostly quality tweaks. The game will be a huge hit. The thirst for a new good arpg is real (Wolcen hit over 100k concurrent on release day, and it's some obscure indie studio). The only problem I see is if they have major server problems or bad performance. That was one clear downside of the beta on PC, it ran like shit, with stuttering and rubber banding even on good systems (online issues it seems).

Thanks for reading my book.

DavidGzz

Agreed Hot5pur Hot5pur I'm having some fun with D2R with mods that make it more fun like unlimited mana, more inventory space, higher drop rate luck, and teleport for all classes but I tried to play Last Epoch but it just feels so cheap after D4. About 2 months to go!...:(

Hot5pur

Agreed Hot5pur Hot5pur I'm having some fun with D2R with mods that make it more fun like unlimited mana, more inventory space, higher drop rate luck, and teleport for all classes but I tried to play Last Epoch but it just feels so cheap after D4. About 2 months to go!...:(
Seems they will keep drip feeding info for the next two months. Big dev update coming in April about endgame systems and response to beta feedback. There have also been various leaks but I'd be cautious. It's also possible we'll see more previews from major sites. I know some people are having beta withdrawal but for me I am still having it sink in, just thinking about the game, looking at discussions, makes me get a fuller appreciation. I know I'm sounding like a bit of a fangirl but I've been in a big gaming depression for a good number of months. This game kinda reignited something and I'm looking forward to playing games again (this and street fighter 6).

april6e

I was just thinking about how I wanted to try out Wolcen and Lost Epoch (refuse to play until they release 1.0) but D4 is going to basically ruin any other ARPG for me besides PoE/Grim Dawn. I don't have time with BOTW2 coming out in a month to get thru those games before launch.

It'll just feel terrible to downgrade to those games after I'm done with D4.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about how I wanted to try out Wolcen and Lost Epoch (refuse to play until they release 1.0) but D4 is going to basically ruin any other ARPG for me besides PoE/Grim Dawn. I don't have time with BOTW2 coming out in a month to get thru those games before launch.

It'll just feel terrible to downgrade to those games after I'm done with D4.
I just got wolcen, at worst I'll just do the story it's around 20 hours I saw

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
To refresh my memory, I was reading up on what Diablo III was like after they nerfed Inferno difficulty. I also noticed that Blizzard wiped the achievements for beating Diablo on Inferno. It would have been nice to keep it as a record. The only record I have now is the OT thread on Neogaf lol.

It was May 23 2012, and if I remember correctly the world first Diablo Inferno win was on May 19th. Not bad!

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/diablo-iii-ot2-queues-rise-servers-fall.474246/post-38122120

Inferno isn't a difficulty in D3 anymore. The only tough boss in D3 on torment 16 is Mathael and even he is a pushover with a normal build that isnt going for pure speed.

Yeah, it's too bad. I wish there was a record of me beating the game on Inferno. It was fucking hard lol.

You should have an achievement for it, I kinda wish that version of the game was still available. The PS360 version is kinda close but it gives you way better look than how it was on PC.

I remember getting one, but I reinstalled D3 to look. It's not there anymore. None of the inferno related ones are.

Update - I found it! It actually is still there.

Ns3F4GO.jpg

Top Bottom