• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Resident Evil Village: The Digital Foundry Tech Review + PS5, Xbox Series X|S Analysis!

skit_data

Remember that due to locked 60fps the Xbox could be even higher under normal situations
Ah, this gives me flashbacks from the Hitman 3 thread.

NdUt6qk.gif

assurdum

Banned
around 10% ;) hard to say exactly couse scene is dynamic and drops are not in same second on ps5 and xsx, we have to wait for vgtech spreadsheet
Well that's undoubted when the scenario is solely limited to the GPU usage, series X shows his advantage. Things change when both CPU GPU are stressed.

Kangx

Also during that heavy scence which John have found to be most stress because of a lot of ray tray refection. Even though the scene did not line up, but you find the series x have 3 to 4 frames, at most I see a couple of 7 to 8 frames. As vgtech and Richard also demonstrate that for most scenes, series x have 1 to 2 frames differences. The x has the advantage here, no one is denying that, but don't abuse graph and spread misinformation. And here, this is what DF said about both platforms performance.

" So PS5 has faster loading and Xbox Series X has an edge in frame-rate when using ray tracing but, honestly, both versions are extremely close to one another. It's one of the closest calls we've seen and it feels like Capcom has done justice to the two new machines "

Fredrik

Another thread?
e31.gif
lol unexpected ending 😆

Anyway, another one for Xbox but personally I don’t see how RT is worth it if they have to stop to point out such small differences. I played the demo on PC at 1080p 144fps without RT and it was definitely a more pleasant experience.

I guess the living room and couch and surround sound could get me to choose the XSX version, but I’m not sure it’s worth losing 84fps.

Up to 18% better performance in RT mode for the Series X, and 4x loading speeds on the PS5.

Seems to be showing off the strengths of each system.
No, you must see frame by frame.

For example, if i look to the image below, they're equal in 52 fps. But it's not the same frame.

This "monster water" sequence drops from 52 to minimum 48fps on Xbox Series X, and from 52 to 47 and minimum 45fps on PS5.

It's better on Xbox Series X, but not 18%. It's maximum 10% on few frames.
For example,
L94cUxx.jpg
if

assurdum

Banned
lol unexpected ending 😆

Anyway, another one for Xbox but personally I don’t see how RT is worth it if they have to stop to point out such small differences. I played the demo on PC at 1080p 144fps without RT and it was definitely a more pleasant experience.

I guess the living room and couch and surround sound could get me to choose the XSX version, but I’m not sure it’s worth losing 84fps.
Dude...both are extremely close. All these chats about you no console war and another one for a better performance who barely someone can perceive?

Last edited:

Kangx

It's literally in the video?

58 FPS vs 49 FPS.

Note the "up to", it's not always that far ahead.

Oh, spare me the bulletin. During that heavy scence which John have found to be most stress because of a lot of ray tray refection. Even though the scene did not line up, but you find the series x have 3 to 4 frames, at most I see a couple of 7 to 8 frames. As vgtech and Richard also demonstrate that for most scenes, series x have 1 to 2 frames differences. The x has the advantage here, no one is denying that, but don't abuse graph and spread misinformation. And here, this is what DF said about both platforms performance.

" So PS5 has faster loading and Xbox Series X has an edge in frame-rate when using ray tracing but, honestly, both versions are extremely close to one another. It's one of the closest calls we've seen and it feels like Capcom has done justice to the two new machines "

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I wonder why this is the "most important thing" :pie_thinking: ...

The load times aren't the end of the world tbh; I'm thinking Capcom aren't leveraging DirectStorage API (let alone SFS) on the Series platforms here, but they might be tapping into Sony's SSD I/O stack more directly. Considering the marketing partnership, I would be surprised if Sony did not provide them the assistance there as needed.

Most important thing in this new comparison, the last one didn't show it, this one did, we already knew how it runs.

Thanks for covering Moose.

That's exactly it. We knew where performance was but didn't have any comparison for load times. So I feel this is the most important thing from this new comparison.

Kuranghi

Odd, it shows 58 vs 49 for me. It happens just before the spoiler section.

Oh right! Okay I agree with you then.

I wasn't trying to be disengenuous you just didnt link it properly, I was looking at the spoiler bit for comparison, link to at least few seconds before the point you want to talk about in the future not the exact second you want to talk about epsecially when the scene in question ends immediately after that.

ethomaz

Banned
Most important thing in this new comparison, the last one didn't show it, this one did, we already knew how it runs.
Yeap the new feat are the loading times.
We already new PS5 was below 2s but they hide three Series loading times until now.

ethomaz

Banned
You literally cherry pick one second before Riky's image snapshot.

That entire scene has Xbox with a better frame rate almost the entire time.
He picked the actual same frame in both.
When you align the scenes the framerate different when the dips happens is not big as big like the different scenes are showing in the Riky Riky pic.

So the posted pic fame on Series shows 53 vs 49 on PS5.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If I could get a PS5 :messenger_pouting: I would get this game on it for the faster loading alone. even if the Xboxload isnt that long in game.

Top Bottom