• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S Next-Gen Comparison!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You could be right, but I would like to wait and see before I make a decision on this matter.

You know that PS5 isn't fully utilized, right? Geometry Engines and primitive shaders will be massive for multiplats that look like shit now compared to early exclusives. The gap will widen even further in favor of PS5.

COD or WD are up next, they perform best on PS5 too apparently. We just need to wait to see if the performance gap can be as big as 20% in demanding scenes like in AC.

You mean more than 30%.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
vlcsnap-2020-11-19-21h55m13s183.png

Constant tearing yet only 46fps. Alex confirmed PS5 is using internal Vsync which XSX isn't supporting. If XSX supports Vsync the FPS hit gonna be down 3-6FPS more!

Last edited:

Md Ray

vlcsnap-2020-11-19-21h55m13s183.png

Constant tearing yet only 46fps. Alex confirmed PS5 is using internal Vsync which XSX isn't supporting. If XSX supports Vsync the FPS hit gonna be down 3-6FPS more!
What some people on here don't realize is that in this scene, if you were to unlock the frame-rate on PS5, the gap would be even larger. 😳

Assuming it's running close to 65fps here then that's damn near 40% more fps on PS5!

Last edited:

elenapska

Did I slip into a time warp back to 2013?

I'm not waring. I'm trying to find logic. XSX is more powerful than PS5, that is a fact. People read that as an insult, that's their problem.

I was looking at the development documentation (DX12U) and the first demo they provided was in march, and they are still updating the DX12u GitHub samples. The most recent is from 2 months ago.

Last edited:
You're trying way too hard. If you look at the scene, the same texture becomes blurrier during certain parts of this scene.

It looks sharper at that point.

caob9GG.png

But then it looks blurry.

RPRBg2I.png

It's the way the textures are flirted, not that its using higher res textures.

This video shows in game texture comparisons and it's the same.

This makes me remember that Variable Rate Shading will give us a lot of headaches with these comparisons (because the point of the feature is decrease quality in areas that the player supposedly isn't paying attention while playing). People will take screenshots to point bad textures as smoking guns when the bad texture is intended to be bad at that moment to increase performance.

I'm not waring. I'm trying to find logic. XSX is more powerful than PS5, that is a fact. People read that as an insult, that's their problem.

I was looking at the development documentation (DX12U) and the first demo they provided was in march, and they are still updating the DX12u GitHub samples. The most recent is from 2 months ago.
Define "powerful".

kuncol02

Banned
I have the theory that all games in XSX are running in a "BC enhanced" mode.

I don't think we have games DX12U yet, using the new architecture.

Of course, this is just a theory.

I'm confident that XSX will show it's 2 TF advantage in the future.
Some are. You can run them from external drive. All games that have some performance problems are build in GDK and not in old XDK. When you use XDK you have full access to Series X power but new features like VA and RT are not available.
Valhalla is build using GDK you can check that on console. Problem is, some features of GDK are targeted for release (to developers) after Series X launch.

You know that PS5 isn't fully utilized, right? Geometry Engines and primitive shaders will be massive for multiplats that look like shit now compared to early exclusives. The gap will widen even further in favor of PS5.

You mean more than 30%.

Wow us much as that huh. I was just taking Alex Battlestar's numbers :messenger_beaming:

Riky

$MSFT

Correct.

The GDK wasn't Series console ready until June 2020, that's been confirmed.

anaphase

First to reveal (the look of the box), late to the game (for the development network)?

Sadly, it's the way it goes in the development industry. I cannot count how many screenshots, or videos i've provided to marketing of an unfinished product.

It get's finished before launch obviously, but it's just the way shit goes.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sadly, it's the way it goes in the development industry. I cannot count how many screenshots, or videos i've provided to marketing of an unfinished product.

It get's finished before launch obviously, but it's just the way shit goes.

True, I just find it charming that the concern trolls went in on here for Sony taking so long to show the look of the box due to MS showing first, but are nonchalant about what is most important for them as an end user, and that is the largest software company in the world late to the game on the software/API front to have a more optimal experience. Just like 2013.

Last edited:

meech

How about the possibility that the devs simply put more effort into the Ps5 version, because its obviously the far more popular console,selling more software ? Horizon Zero Down had a lot issues on pcs far more powerfull than the Ps4, what was the reason again?

Top Bottom