• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S Next-Gen Comparison!

Fake

Possibly the most eagerly anticipated of platform comparisons - and the results are perhaps not what users might have been expecting. Assassin's Creed transitions to 60fps for Series X and PS5, but the challenges in delivering full frame-rate are clearly considerable. Meanwhile, Series S is pegged to 30fps...

Summary:

- SeX vs PS5 vs SeS
- About SeX vs PS5, looks like both have the same effects, graphics, etc...
- People being report about minor differences between those two, but nothing so far. Probably just the day of time or by the amount of bugs the game have
- SeS on the other hand have some settings set down in comparison with PS5 and SeX
- Loading times between all. PS5 get the edge by seconds. PS5 23:30, SeX 26:48 and SeS 27:17(6:00)
- Resolution side, looks like SeX and PS5 run both at dynamic 4k with the 1440p as minimum (6:28)
- The max resolution from SeX and PS5 can reach is 4k, but none system archieve by the time or not spotted
- Series S runs at dynamic resolution, but the resolution spotted was sighly above 1080p
- And some feel scenes, SeS runs above 1440p
- Both SeX and PS5 runs identical spots of resolution scaler, just one scene that Alex spot a slightly higher resolution on PS5 over SeX (8:19)
- Looks like the game runs using dynamic resolution plus some sort of reconstruct technique to reach their target
- Perfomance time (9:52)
- In general both SeX and PS5 did a decent job of targeting 60 fps
- Moving the camera up and down or in some cutscenes the game lost frames and than horizontal tearing happen (10:20)
- John suggest could be a thread issue
- Both PS5 and SeX tearing on the same scenes, but SeX tearing are more offen and occur more at the middle of the screen (10:58)
- After boss fight (11:42), SeX drop to 1440p and when you open the door to the world, a lot of screen tearing take place of the entire screen
- On the PS5, after the same boss fight (12:09), PS5 drop to 1440p as well, but the framerate remains at 60 with no sight of screen tearing at all
- After spend sometime on both machines, looks like PS5 hold 60 fps most consistence than SeX during the gameplay, say John (12:16)
- Series S on the same boss fight scene give a little screen tearing, but SeS recover fast and remains at 30 with no screen tearing after opening the door to the world
- For some reason, using the torch don't generate shadows on that scene (13:19)
- On SeX, using the torch during a non gameplay scene (walking) looks like create a loads of screen tearing and drops frame rate to the 40 territory (13:31)
- On PS5, using the torch on the same exactly scene have a minor screen tearing on the top of the screen, but the frame rate remains between 58~60
ZqdbxV5.gif
- Comparison between PS5 and SeX at 13:59
- John say PS5 have a pretty stable 60 fps with some dips here and there, but that SeX really needs some work (14:10)
- John say that enable VRR really fix almost the problem of the screen tearing. Saying is a game changer feature
- Series S really did a decent job of not showing the same screen tearing as SeX, stable 30 with occasional screen tearing at the same level as PS5 or lower
- At 15:46 , saying the game have some weirds bugs (duh)
- Looks like those bugs are more offen on the Series family than PS5
- Bug spotted at PS5 (17:39)
- Alex saying at 18:09 that SeX perfomance are 15% lower than PS5 at the same resolution on the same scene and this is not very good and John agree
- [UPDATE: The 15 per cent performance advantage mentioned here is averaged across a specific cross-section of play. As the graphs show, 'in the moment' differences can be as high as 25 per cent.]
- Alex and John find dissapoint that the SeS runs at locked 30 fps, they could offer a 60fps mode on SeS
- 19:09 "The main thing here is, AC Valhalla is a very looking good game, but I think don't looks as good as AC Unity', say John

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Very little analise to be fair.

- Equal visuals.
- Dynamic resolution: 1440p mininum / 1728p maximum.
- Says pixles count doesn't matter anymore (of course PS5 is leading).
- Xbox framerate is worst.
- At best PS5 has 15% performance advantage in framerate over Xbox in identical scenarios.
- Tons of screen tearing on Xbox... very little on PS5.
- Thinks the resolution needs to be dropped below 1440p.
- Thinks the game needs a lot of work specially in Xbox.
- Camera motion doesn't update linear to framerate in Xbox during cutscenes (it is synced in PS5).

They really added very little.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Next-gen has arrived,

This is going to be Good, lets see what Sonys custom silicone has to offer.

Better engineering always wins.

Edit
Ouch, that video is painful to watch, Riky Riky DONT WATCH IT.

Yep, Mark Cerny is a fucking Genuis, no doubt about it.

To get to parity is all sony fans wanted but to actually be beating the Xbox by up to 15% in some areas, that's insane.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
1440p 60fps is going to be common this gen and I'm ok with that. The reaching for 4k last gen was always a mistake.

I can see why Wichard didn't want this coming out, bad for his favorite console ;)

Last edited:

KingXtreme81

Gold Member
Will watch later. The screen tearing on the XSX has been killing me during my roughly 32 hours of playtime. If this game had cross platform saves I might switch to the PS5 version, but no way I'm giving up my progress to avoid tearing. Hopefully a patch will come soon and clean it up.

ethomaz

Banned
Will watch later. The screen tearing on the XSX has been killing me during my roughly 32 hours of playtime. If this game had cross platform saves I might switch to the PS5 version, but no way I'm giving up my progress to avoid tearing. Hopefully a patch will come soon and clean it up.
It is cross platform save.... you can load it on PS5.
All (new) Ubisoft games are because they use the Ubisoft servers to store the save.

Last edited:

mejin

Very little analise to be fair.

- Equal visuals.
- Dynamic resolution: 1440p mininum / 1728p maximum.
- Says pixles count doesn't matter anymore (of course PS5 is leading).
- Xbox framerate is worst.
- At best PS5 has 15% performance advantage in framerate over Xbox in identical scenarios.
- Tons of screen tearing on Xbox... very little on PS5.
- Thinks the resolution needs to be dropped below 1440p.
- Thinks the game needs a lot of work specially in Xbox.
- Camera motion doesn't update linear to framerate in Xbox during cutscenes.

They really added very little.

156c1ecde9df4206d73a2d88f010fa09.gif

skneogaf

Microsoft has really messed up with getting whatever sdk stuff finished in time for developers as most of xbox games need a patch.

The talk of Sony having their stuff ready much earlier seems to be spot on.

Hopefully both versions of the games receive a patch for the tearing and frame drops as both don't need to with the dynamic resolution stuff going on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom