• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dell.com is currently offering $75 gift card for buying Dualsense Edge

It's even a greater deal if you happen to have the AMEX credit card offer "Spend $200 or more get $40 back at Dell.com". It will count as over 200 dollars once the controller is checked out with tax.

slivYda.png

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This means you have to buy something from dell and at this point, death is a better option.
And edge is not worth 50cents more than default ds. Battery is crap and rubber grips are falling off.

Last edited:

drganon

They're also selling the series s for $249. Not sure when Dell got into selling consoles and controllers.

supernova8

Banned
Wait. How the fuck is that thing $200?
Still find it crazy that people are willing to spend even $70 for the fucking Switch Pro controller that essentially does nothing new whatsoever (and doesn't even have a fucking headphone jack, mother fuckers), let alone well above $100 for these Playstation and Xbox "pro" controllers.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Still find it crazy that people are willing to spend even $70 for the fucking Switch Pro controller that essentially does nothing new whatsoever (and doesn't even have a fucking headphone jack, mother fuckers), let alone well above $100 for these Playstation and Xbox "pro" controllers.
It's total joke pricing, I agree, and acknowledge this despite being on my second Elite controller (had a v1, now a V2).

There's no way that putting buttons / paddles on the back of the controller warrants a 3x or even 2x increase in cost, but somehow the market (including me) are ok with paying it.

supernova8

Banned
It's total joke pricing, I agree, and acknowledge this despite being on my second Elite controller (had a v1, now a V2).

There's no way that putting buttons / paddles on the back of the controller warrants a 3x or even 2x increase in cost, but somehow the market (including me) are ok with paying it.
What was your rationale for getting it?

I can imagine it being an easy choice if you have few hobbies and/or you have more enough money for it to not be a major financial issue, but did you have an issue with the standard controller? I've tried both the Xbox controller and the PS5 controllers and couldn't come up with anything "wrong" with them. I also don't imagine I would need the paddle things on the back.

Hudo

Yeah, me as well. These prices are crazy (to me). I bought an Xbox One controller for 45€ and already thought that this was steep.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Apparently not hence why dell are adding a 75$ gift card on a 200$ item to try and shift them.

Last edited:

BlackTron

The Switch Pro Controller does a lot new over the Joycons....like giving you the ability to hold it

supernova8

Banned
The Switch Pro Controller does a lot new over the Joycons....like giving you the ability to hold it
True. I bought one of the shitty unknown Chinese brand controllers a while back and the lag was just unbearable compared to the proper Joy con controllers. I actually just ordered the Hori Switch Pad Pro with the grip attachment, which is wired and has a headphone jack (fucking finally) so I can play at night without waking people up.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
What was your rationale for getting it?

I can imagine it being an easy choice if you have few hobbies and/or you have more enough money for it to not be a major financial issue, but did you have an issue with the standard controller? I've tried both the Xbox controller and the PS5 controllers and couldn't come up with anything "wrong" with them. I also don't imagine I would need the paddle things on the back.

Oh don't get me wrong, the Xbox Elite Controller (can't speak for others in this style) is the best controller out there in my opinion, and in that sense it's worth it to me. I had always wanted a Scuff pad, but managed to get the Xbox version on a deal, I paid £100 for my first one, which was cheaper than the Scuff price. In the broader sense it's absolutely not worth it, these companies are adding minimal materials, barely changing the design and bumping the price, that's what I mean when I say it's not a fair price, in my opinion. But the choice is pay it or not, so despite acknowledging that it's not a fair price, I bought one anyway.

BlackTron

True. I bought one of the shitty unknown Chinese brand controllers a while back and the lag was just unbearable compared to the proper Joy con controllers. I actually just ordered the Hori Switch Pad Pro with the grip attachment, which is wired and has a headphone jack (fucking finally) so I can play at night without waking people up.

The official has great ergonomics and 100% feature parity with joycons -that is, motion control, HD rumble and NFC. Unfortunately, that feature parity extends to lack of a headphone jack. If you need one, it doesn't work. Otherwise, it's an extremely good controller that is worth the money, though it's pretty easy to get for $50-60 new. Don't forget you can use bluetooth headphones and the Switch itself has a headphone jack as well.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
The official has great ergonomics and 100% feature parity with joycons -that is, motion control, HD rumble and NFC. Unfortunately, that feature parity extends to lack of a headphone jack. If you need one, it doesn't work. Otherwise, it's an extremely good controller that is worth the money, though it's pretty easy to get for $50-60 new. Don't forget you can use bluetooth headphones and the Switch itself has a headphone jack as well.
True but the bluetooth audio is annoying IMO. The lag is too noticeable, and especially annoying when playing games that have a lot of audio cues for QTEs etc. Plus, the headphone jack on the Switch is fine when playing in handheld mode but I wish it was on the bottom not the top since it sticks up and I have sort of adjust it to make sure it won't flop onto the screen and obscure my view.

Alternatively it would've been ice if the joycon grip was more than just a piece of plastic and had a headphone jack.

BlackTron

True but the bluetooth audio is annoying IMO. The lag is too noticeable, and especially annoying when playing games that have a lot of audio cues for QTEs etc. Plus, the headphone jack on the Switch is fine when playing in handheld mode but I wish it was on the bottom not the top since it sticks up and I have sort of adjust it to make sure it won't flop onto the screen and obscure my view.

Alternatively it would've been ice if the joycon grip was more than just a piece of plastic and had a headphone jack.

Yeah I get you. I would have bought the split pad pro myself but motion is a deal-breaker. Getting motion in BOTW in a normal controller was the whole reason I upgraded to Switch from WiiU way back. At the time my audio setup was a pair of computer speakers in my bedroom and I plugged it into my Switch while docked- on the bottom we'd lose that audio out. We all have our idiosyncratic preferences. I agree it's a massive fail they couldn't put it in the controller 🤷‍♂️

Edit: BTW if you don't mind having a wire across the room already, you COULD plug headphones directly into the Switch while docked, with an extension cord if necessary. IMO, this is better than gimping your whole controller just to get a closer headphone jack, with a controller cable leading to your Switch anyway. Unfortunately, Switch adds input lag over USB connection vs. Bluetooth

Last edited:

BlackTron

And a good chance at getting even more analogue drift! Seriously the worst pieces of shit controllers I've ever owned.

Wait what? The Pro gives you more chance of getting drift than a Joycon, and is a biggest POS controller? Are we reading each other backwards here?

Top Bottom