• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Dualsense "gift edition" - which version is it ?

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
What the title says boys, I've found the white DS discounted but get this, ONLY the "gift edition" for some reason.

Now, the only info I can find for this edition on the internet is that it got released in October 2021 so maybe these are the V1 edition of the white controller and Sony/shops want to destock them due to incoming newer batches ?
Things to take into account : the V1 has the thinner trigger springs which lead to the triggers breaking easily and, different analogue stick housings.

For reference, the "normal" white Dualsense still goes for 69.99- 80 depending on the shop and even Amazon while the gift edition for 52 (same shop).

I'm in need of a 2nd joypad and spending 50 is better than spending 70+ (not to mention the coloured ones which go for 75-80 depending on the colour), but, if it proves to be the V1 of the joypad I might as well spend something extra.

For reference, my DS that came with the PS5 is V3 (FCC ID ends in an "A"), then again, my PS5 is also one of the newest batches (CFI 1216A) so that's kinda expected.

Any insights fellas ?
Cheers

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Thanks unclbenn unclbenn & T Three ;)

Anyway, i hate this shite, getting a controller shouldn't be this friggin' difficult and these madafagghas at Sony sure aren't making it any easier, trying to distinguish between a a BDM-010 BDM-020 (thicker trigger springs/revised analogue mechanism) joypad is just pure BS.
Supposedly the newer "galaxy" colors (purple/blue/pink) and the camouflage one are V2 (BDM-020) while the black and red ones are V1, no way to distinguish between the white ones though.

Found a shop that has the purple and camouflage ones so i might as well be on the safer side.

Man, fuck Sony and their quality control, the V1, supposedly, has a lifespan of 400 hours give or take until the dreaded stick drift rears its ugly head (not that the series X controllers are any better though).

Top Bottom