• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dean Takahashi's 9-year old daughter reviews LocoRoco; writes better than me

typhonsentra said:
Hey, I thought it was funny. :D

Not really. She's a nine year-old girl who's posting her review of a game on her dad's blog - seems more than a little unfair to make her the target of some wanker's idea of a joke.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
travisbickle said:
She didn't even get the racist subtext...THE RACIST SUBTEXT!

she hasn't beaten a level yet...

Cosmonaut X said:
Not really. She's a nine year-old girl who's posting her review of a game on her dad's blog - seems more than a little unfair to make her the target of some wanker's idea of a joke.

She didn't post it, her dad did for her. Most likely she'll never even see it.

typhonsentra said:
She didn't post it, her dad did for her. Most likely she'll never even see it.

Rubbish. Her dad may well have posted it for her, but if she's anything like any of the children I know she'll be wanting to see her work online, and depending on how net-savvy she is, wanting to see what comments there are.

It's a rather unfunny joke at her expense, and I just think it's a little cruel.

Cosmonaut X said:
Rubbish. Her dad may well have posted it for her, but if she's anything like any of the children I know she'll be wanting to see her work online, and depending on how net-savvy she is, wanting to see what comments there are.

It's a rather unfunny joke at her expense, and I just think it's a little cruel.

:lol How likely do you think it'd be for a 9 year old to understand the joke even? Stop being so high and mighty over something that doesn't matter. It won't win you any points on this forum, so don't bother.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
This game is for younger kids such as five- or six-year-olds. Older kids might not like it. The music is for two- or three-year-olds. It gets annoying with the baby singing. If you beat the level, you get a prize. I haven't beaten the whole level yet so I don't know what the prize is. I'd give this game a one out of four star rating.

QFT. Reminds me of every Kirby game I played.

I love she. 9-year old girl? WOW! :D

typhonsentra said:
:lol How likely do you think it'd be for a 9 year old to understand the joke even? Stop being so high and mighty over something that doesn't matter. It won't win you any points on this forum, so don't bother.

What? You can win points on this forum??? Do you get a prize if you beat the level?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Scalemail Ted said:
What? You can win points on this forum??? Do you get a prize if you beat the level?

Time ago I earned some revolution points. Now a days, don't get nothing :(

typhonsentra said:

I don't particularly care about winning points, I just dislike this kind of bullshit. You think it's funny? Fine, and you're more than welcome to say so.

ShinNL

I like this out of 4 rating system.

hyoomee_avatar2.jpg

Holy... she looks like a doll.

Tieno said:
Use wikipedia you lazy ****er.
The hell with you, there's no wiki entry of him and I'm still searching google trying to figure out who he is.

ant1532

Banned
Soneet said:

hyoomee_avatar2.jpg

The hell with you, there's no wiki entry of him and I'm still searching google trying to figure out who he is.
There's no what?

Tieno

Soneet said:

hyoomee_avatar2.jpg

Yeah, I didn't check wikipedia, but it should be your first stop if you want to know more

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Soneet said:
Is that Dean? When I searched for a Dean I got weird clues about him being a journalist and that he has written an Xbox360 book...

He's not Keita Takahashi. Dean is a journalist/writer.

HomShaBom said:

:lol :lol :lol

C'mon. She's of age! I promise.

bdoughty

Banned
Soneet said:
Is that Dean? When I searched for a Dean I got weird clues about him being a journalist and that he has written an Xbox360 book...

Get this, he also wrote a book about the old Xbox.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Dean's bio:

Dean Takahashi is a staff writer at the San Jose Mercury News, where he covers the semiconductor and video game industries. He writes business stories as well as game and technology reviews. Takahashi has 17 years' experience as a journalist and more than 15 years' experience writing technology stories. He previously worked at the Wall Street Journal, Red Herring magazine, the San Jose Mercury News in an earlier stint, the Los Angeles Times Orange County Edition, the Orange County Register, and the Dallas Times Herald. He is the author of Opening the Xbox: Inside Microsoft's Plan to Unleash an Entertainment Revolution," a book about the making of Microsoft's game console published in 2002.

KIND OF A BIG DEAL

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
buckfutter said:
And she didn't even finish a level before she reviewed it! I swear, the state of 9-year-old games journalism these days.

:lol :lol :lol

Stele

Holds a little red book
Dean Takahashi...:lol, it's like we're in Hawaii. Everybody is either named Norman Nomura or Randy Shitzukabewatanabe.

Top Bottom