• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Haven't had any crashes or major bugs on the PC: no floating guns or t-poses outside of the one NPC at Lizzies which just seems like a one-off bug maybe since everyone gets it.

. . .reached title screen at 9HRS and change and yeah this was worth the wait as far as I'm concerned.

For those further along than me, would you say the open world is utilized to it's fullest? By that I mean, are enemies intelligent enough to pursue you through it and does the level design make for exciting action? I hear a lot about the verticality, but how does it effect the gameplay?
They'll pursue to a degree when in an encounter zone before backing off. FYI tho, I never ran from combat. I'm wearing my big boy undies :messenger_face_steam:

mr.dilya

Banned
The internet would never blow anything out of proportion.....

I’m almost done the heist at the beginning and had one bug where I couldn’t choose different dialogue options so I had to reload the checkpoint (which was right there.)

Yeah I mean I know 6 hours isn't much but the way they were talking I was expecting at least a freeze or visual bug or something. I haven't had anything. LOL I bet I just jinxed myself but whatever.

From my impression (and they stated this at the start of the guide), any time there's spoiler sensitive content in the narrative it will have a red disclaimer beforehand warning you not to read on until you've done certain things.
Do you mind DM'ing me some pictures of the gigs and side jobs? And if they have shards (their version of in-game lore documents) listed on encounter zone maps?

yeah...Raytracing matters

Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-09-22-02-31-21.png
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-10-01-38-32-63.png
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-09-22-15-06-48.png
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-10-01-07-16-97.png
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-09-22-29-32-27.png

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Yeah I mean I know 6 hours isn't much but the way they were talking I was expecting at least a freeze or visual bug or something. I haven't had anything. LOL I bet I just jinxed myself but whatever.

A lot of reviewers may not have had the day one patch when they played. It was also of course the PC version so tons of variables on the specific hardware everyone was using and any issues with their systems etc.

scalman

That shooting mission at beggining was so dark in dark places and coridors that most time i just didint saw where i run or what i do and shooting at sponges was not fun and again not interesting. But there will be those shooting missions so whats point inveat in other perks then
bugs when NPC who give you mission talks but his mouth not move and then it moves after some time. im ean and then it not moves again. i did not saw this on any ubi games lateley.

Last edited:

imsosleepy

That shooting mission at beggining was so dark in dark places and coridors that most time i just didint saw where i run or what i do and shooting at sponges was not fun and again not interesting. But there will be those shooting missions so whats point inveat in other perks then
bugs when NPC who give you mission talks but his mouth not move and then it moves after some time. im ean and then it not moves again. i did not saw this on any ubi games lateley.
did you play on base ps4? the beginning missions were dark for me as ewll on a base ps4, have not played with brightness yet but maybe its juts due to the base ps4

Okay, my console/controller friends (XSX for reference). After playing BFV as Recon for several days before release, I got accustomed to barely moving my stick to get those headshots (more if moving). But this game's dead zones, even at 0.00, make it so I have to do micro-flicks just to move a couple of pixels to get a comparable experience because pulling on it actually goes further than intended. Does anyone have settings for quick-scoping and precise shooting on controllers? Please DM me, thanks :)

DanEON

Not a single bug so far. Not one.
I found three bugs so far in my 2h play last night.
Corpo life path
1. Cellphone floating near the head of a guy you talk to in the building.
2. An NPC just standing with his arms open in a bar
3. In the first car shooting scene, i got stuck outside of the window the whole mission, doble tap "Alt" wouldnt get me back in the car as it supposed to.

John Day

I've played for 6 hours so far. 0 bugs or crashes.

Safe to say that was slighly overblown?
I had only one for now, in the tutorial, when commanded to use a med kit. It wouldn’t work, so i had to reload. Glad it autosaves even before and after farting 🤣

scalman

did you play on base ps4? the beginning missions were dark for me as ewll on a base ps4, have not played with brightness yet but maybe its juts due to the base ps4
no on PC without RT mission with shooting is so dark thath you dont see anything ... i died like 4 times just because i didint saw anything arround , then i passed it means run trough it ... it was stupid , and thats not how missions needs to go . i hope i dont have anymore missions liek that stupid ones, if i do , then devs really just failed ... i duno what else to say i enjoyed deus ex games. and this you dont wanna drive trough empty city realy at night there its borring
thats not game i was expecting ... what a shame , i was enjoyed legon and valhalla before... what happened here ?
yh who knows. but ubis know how to make games.

Last edited:

MastAndo

jeez the quest tracking is broken. i'm trying to go to the kabuki fight but when i get there i can't get in. the HUD is showing that it's 200M away from where i am despite the menu map saying it's at my location. the location 200M away is the netrunner shop.
Did you ever manage to sort this out? I'm pretty sure it's behind a door that's only unlockable with a level 6 Intelligence attribute, but it would be nice to have the quest tell you this for sure...

Dunki

Ok This game in terms of atmosphee is nice but who the hell desinged the key bindings on Pc? So to skip a dialogue you have to press C but C is also crouching? Also I can quicksave but not Quickload? Normally it would be F8 or F9 but that does not work. Quicksave wih F5 totally works though. Do I miss the other keybinding options ?^^

hollams

Gold Member
Had a couple of bugs. In the Corpo building one of the guys was holding a tablet and it disappeared for a bit while I was talking to him. I have subtitles turned off and I died in the first car gunfight and when it reloaded it had the subtitle of the last spoken dialog stuck on the screen until I re-loaded a save game. Some objects on the ground that showed I could pick them up I could never get the prompt to show.

Not a bug but having the B button skip dialog and crouch was not a good idea.

b0uncyfr0

Since we're still waiting for a proper PC Guide ; Ive tried some small changes (i did not find these, just asked around). These should actually make the experience much much better:

Performance (Nvidia mostly, sry AMD peeps):

- Get Windows ultimate performance - run cmd as admin -
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- Disable all that Xbox Game Bar crap (it affects your fps alil)
- Use Texture Filtering in Performance (its too blurry to notice the diff anyway)
- Set Low Latency to On - This gave me a few more fps ( i dunno why)
- Game should be run As Admin and Disable optimizations
- Borderless seems to be abit better for me ( but im around 50 fps) - higher fps may vary.

Actual QOL (the good stuff) :

Use this mod so you dont have to Press F all the f*cking time (It rebinds it to E ) - https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/30

Edit the UserSettings.json file at C:\Users\###\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\
Find the Antialiasing line and change it to:

Code:
                        "name": "AntiAliasing",
                        "type": "string_list",
                        "is_dynamic": true,
                        "value": "Off",
                        "index": 0,
                        "default_index": 1,
                        "values": [
                            "Off",
                            "High"
                        ]
                    },

This doesn't remove all the AA being applied in motion - but it does seem to reduce it by abit. Useful if you don't like blurry crap.

Set your back Mouse Button as the Esc button , so you dont have to press Esc all the time
Go to the cp2077 dir - r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml
Fine these two lines ( <mapping name="UI_Esc_B_Circle" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" > ) and (<mapping name="back" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" > )
Add <button id="IK_Mouse4" /> and voila, back button does the job.

Set your back Mouse Button as Sprint
In inputUserMappings.xml - find "ToggleSprint_Button" type="Button"
Add <button id="IK_Mouse4" overridableUI="sprintToggle"/>
Then go to UserSettings.json and find sprintToggle, change to
Code:
"name": "sprintToggle",
type": "name",
"value": "IK_Mouse4",
default_value": "IK_LShift"
Voila, back button does sprinting and can escape from menus - win win.

Last edited:

Mhmmm 2077

Spent a few hours with the game now, and it's something else. There is so much going on, with large crowds, brawls starting up, cars crashing, your phone going off, V calling you... that it just becomes very convincing and immersive. Going through the story is going to be fun, but I want to savour it and enjoy the world. Think I should start doing side activities.

Also, the game looks really good. I wish we had an easier way to hide the HUD during gameplay.

S2uzvpJ.jpg
enable photo mode, take a picture from first person mode and that's it.

scalman

i read that after prologue missions become more free and world become more free so will see into that .. because missions in the end where just stupid, my NPC was stuck on stealth mission style but wwas ok on shooting everyone style, so i went for that later and passed that mission. ..but its not freedom . and later shooting mission just prooved thats its not freedom hoe you wanna play game. there is shooting missions out there and you wont change those.
and since i played it i dont care for city yet i dont care for characters yet... what i must care for then ?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
i read that after prologue missions become more free and world become more free so will see into that .. because missions in the end where just stupid, my NPC was stuck on stealth mission style but wwas ok on shooting everyone style, so i went for that later and passed that mission. ..but its not freedom . and later shooting mission just prooved thats its not freedom hoe you wanna play game. there is shooting missions out there and you wont change those.

Basically Act 2 is becomes more free roam and sandbox.

It's a shame game reviewers didn't play that far.

John2290

Looking at those base console graphics and performance, it's worse than people were describing. I shouldn't have been release this gen I don't think, they'll never get it running anything close to acceptable with some sort of miracle graphics patch. It's worse than Fallout 4, somewhere between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 anyway.
I'm expecting massive backlash over this and I reckon Sony will put pressure on CDPR to get parity between the two, in the same way Bend was with Days Gone which led them to keep patching the PRO version into worse states and taking, fixing stuff and reversing it on a patch so I've turned off Network completely from my PRO since unchecking the auto updates has no effect these days. 1.02 is running so well, I'll not take the chance on it getting fucked even came out saying they managed 4k native or some ridiculous shit with a patch.
Sony should give up on the parity promise now between ps4 and pro, cut the price of the latter significantly and stop selling the former if this is the state going forward into the next two years and either get people to upgrade to PS5 or buy a pro. There is no cross gen between these systems if this is the result, maybe really scalable engines will manage it like with the DOOM eternal developers but this shouldn't happen again to any release.
That said on the OG ps4's part at least it's somewhat playable, the Xbox one S is in an other league entirely, it's very nearly Fallout 3/New Vegas with really good ailising. The graphics look like No mans sky, pop in is within feet and often things fail to pop in to the map entirely, the resolution can't even be 720p and it's gotta be sub 20fps consistently with drops. It's a meme to say "oh, that looks like a ps3 game" yada yada yada but man, that looks like a ps3 game and a bad sub par one.

HotPocket69

Banned
Looking at those base console graphics and performance, it's worse than people were describing. I shouldn't have been release this gen I don't think, they'll never get it running anything close to acceptable with some sort of miracle graphics patch. It's worse than Fallout 4, somewhere between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 anyway.
I'm expecting massive backlash over this and I reckon Sony will put pressure on CDPR to get parity between the two, in the same way Bend was with Days Gone which led them to keep patching the PRO version into worse states and taking, fixing stuff and reversing it on a patch so I've turned off Network completely from my PRO since unchecking the auto updates has no effect these days. 1.02 is running so well, I'll not take the chance on it getting fucked even came out saying they managed 4k native or some ridiculous shit with a patch.
Sony should give up on the parity promise now between ps4 and pro, cut the price of the latter significantly and stop selling the former if this is the state going forward into the next two years and either get people to upgrade to PS5 or buy a pro. There is no cross gen between these systems if this is the result, maybe really scalable engines will manage it like with the DOOM eternal developers but this shouldn't happen again to any release.
That said on the OG ps4's part at least it's somewhat playable, the Xbox one S is in an other league entirely, it's very nearly Fallout 3/New Vegas with really good ailising. The graphics look like No mans sky, pop in is within feet and often things fail to pop in to the map entirely, the resolution can't even be 720p and it's gotta be sub 20fps consistently with drops. It's a meme to say "oh, that looks like a ps3 game" yada yada yada but man, that looks like a ps3 game and a bad sub par one.

qvEi4RA.jpg

John2290

Well I just wanted to add, since you're not listening anyway. It's possible to fix HDR through messing with TV settings and in game settings to something pretty damn decent over the SDR version and also if you're ps4 pro sounding like a chainsaw is getting you down, go to settings and turn on 1080p, it make little difference to the resolution (Just push your couch back two or three more feet) but helps performance and stops the fans trying to send themselves into space. If you're on OG and S, nah, you're fucked. Might as well throw the game in the bin or put it on a shelf and wait til you get a PS5, there is no fixing that.

Oh and when you change from 1080p to 4k or vice versa, you have to redo the settings so keep that in mind. I'm going to swap out my old 1080p screen and try super sampling and boost mode tomorrow evening to see which is better, will update with my experience and currently downloading the game on my OG so I can sit them side by side in real time.

EDIT: Went back to 4k, I was wrong, there is a good level of difference in resolution but still worth getting rid of the fan noise, fuzzy texture effect. Super sampling to the 1080 screen might be the way to go.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
So. Played it on both PS4 (slim) and on PS5.

PS5 is fine. I don't see anything wrong with performance.

PS4 on the other hand is an absolute disgrace.

In my opinion they should NOT be selling this for base consoles. Plain and simple.

It should have had a "PS4 Pro only" label if it works well there. I don't have one so I dunno. If not then this should have been a PS5 release.

It is shocking to me that people will be able to buy this with no open warning that it simply doesn't run well on base PS4 at all. It's shitty.

Fair play to anyone who has it on the base console and is enjoying it but as soon as you hit busier areas of the map? Wow.

It's completely out of order that they tried to hide this from reviewers by not letting them review console versions.

It's not right that people are not informed of just how bad this looks on a base console.

Really poor from CDPR here.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
In four hours I've only encountered floating guns so far. No other bugs yet. I was expecting to run into them every 10 minutes.

Hadoukie

While I'm liking the game thus far, seems the only side jobs are stuff witch looks like it's just go here and kill these guys. What exactly are the side stuff that's more involved and worth doing? At Act 2, I'm still not seeing anything like that.

Wunray

Only had 1 bug so far in my 5 hours of playing, but damn on pc this games makes me sad I couldn't get my hands on a 30 series card, my gtx 1070 on medium settings is crying. Also this game is the deus ex sequel I wanted, the one we deserved. Cyberpunk is the Truth.

Having a lot of fun with the driving mechanics. Once you start ignoring the sensitivity of the triggers, you realize the game wants you to perfect the art of hauling ass from point A to point B. Makes driving really exciting trying to weave in and out of traffic making turns at 💯 + mph.

Ended up spending 20 minutes on my motorbike trying to pull off a Tokyo Drift style turn around the entire giant traffic circle in the corpo district.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom