• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

waquzy

Good to hear. I suppose nothing happens outside of a one liner if you talk to one of those people ?

Can you follow one of them and look where they go or is their schedule just an illusion ?

By the way, I have the PS5 version but I can't start it because it needs to download the 1.02 patch first. Is there a way to play the game anyway while the patch is downloading ?

Nope, I’m doing the same at this very moment.

So far the game seems pretty great on PS5. Sure, graphics on PC will be better, but you will need a pretty beefy PC to run the game smooth with Ultra settings. Also, the Game will get a native next gen Port, so that’s very good.

The resolution could be better, sure, but image quality is still looking good to me (playing on an Oled tv probably helps in my case). Didn’t have any problems with HDR, as long as you don’t change the settings. When I activate HDR in the game settings itself, I also get a washed out image. It’s better to leave at it is.

Denton

On PC the game is also 59GB only, the extra 3GB are bonus stuff like OST and wallpapers.
Made a short vid with RT

That said I will be playing without RT, my 2700X is not enough to power it at 60fps and I prioritize framerate always. RT will be reserved for a second playthrough.

Gusy

Played on PS4 PRO for about 5 hours. I have some words I want to get out. I'll try not to get hyperbolic..

In my opinion, this is probably the most impressive achievement in world building and atmosphere ever in a game (See? Already failed with the hyperbole). I can't fucking believe the incredible mix of technology and art on display most of the time while traversing the city. And I really think most people aren't really grasping what this almost 8 year technology is delivering. These CPUs on these consoles are incredibly limited hardware judging by today standards. This is on the same wizardry level of getting GTA5 to run the way it did on PS3. Maybe even more impressive.

It's absolutely insane to expect this game to not show flaws and to struggle with some situations. A few low res textures, pop-in..lower NPC counts.. yes.. they are all present as of today. But we have to put into context the exquisite architecture and insane amount of geometry this engine is pushing on a moment to moment basis... and in a fully Open World City. It's not only the complexity that's always on display.. it's the sheer amount of unique assets that gives the world so much fucking attitude and personality. It looks absolutely insane on a PS4 PRO.. Everywhere you go, every alley way, market, junction...is so full of life and unique assets. I simply have never seen anything like it before. Every corner of this city is a photo mode opportunity, I've never seen that before in a game.

Listen, this game,like the Witcher 3, is meant to let you get lost in its world. The great thing about The Witcher 3 was the handcrafted feel of its world and characters. We all know that the gameplay part wasn't mindblowing.. most people consider Witcher 3 combat subpar. Even so, people fell in love with the game because of how well realized the setting, lore, characters in general were. Cyberpunk takes this concept to another level, while providing with an incredibly better combat loop.. however, the world building and writing are just on a whole different league.

I just can't understand how people are not impressed with what this game is offering from a technological standpoint (I don't know how inferior base console versions look in comparison to the pro/X, but people complaining on PS5 and XBOX SX versions through back-compat seems insane to me given what's on display). People saying this is a bad game is a textbook case of out of touch expectations or just simply not matching with the genre this game fits into.

Remember this is an immersive sim/RPG. In my opinion it's a game to take your time, explore each nook and cranny, take in the sights and sound, get into the lore, read the notes and texts. This IS like the Witcher 3.. just much more impressive on a scale and technological level. And if you are slightly interested in the Cyberpunk genre or aesthetics, and are capable of accpeting a few glitches and bugs, believe me this is the game you've been waiting for.. Guaranteed.

imsosleepy

Ok guys I just made a big mistake, I went to Era to see how they feel about cyberpunk because the game is pretty damn good, but first thread was about CDPR is a transphobic company, I’m just like did they play the game? Omg I don’t think I’m go back on that site again.
lol, they got SUPER MAD over a poster that TOTALLY fits the world of cyberpunk in 2077 and was actually made by a trans person
and the game has a great character creation but if you look at their comments and tweets about it. Holy shit they are mad they did only so little to represent trans in the character creation and they wanted so much more
they will never be happy or satisfied

Starfield

unknown.png

Nice Pussy (you can peg her)

Last edited:

vwluke

Neo Member
Has anyone tried to run the game at forced 1080p on a PS5 I remember for RDR2 on the ps4pro the game looked really soft cuz of the CBR implementation but forcing the console to 1080 actually gave you a sharper image.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Anyone figure out how to get STOUT's credits?

idk whats wrong with these reviewers but so far I only encountered minor bugs. Nothing game breaking

I've only encountered one T-Pose and it looks like this is just a bug because I see it happening to the exact same NPC in streams I've watched (Lizzies Bar, the big gal in the corner).

John2290

Good to hear. I suppose nothing happens outside of a one liner if you talk to one of those people ?

Can you follow one of them and look where they go or is their schedule just an illusion ?

By the way, I have the PS5 version but I can't start it because it needs to download the 1.02 patch first. Is there a way to play the game anyway in version 1.01 while the patch is downloading ?
Mostly one liners yeah. Some have pre-programed things to do while some other seem to be padding and then there is another type on NPC that hangs around or does random stuff that isn't exactly a quest NPC but they're more interactive than a standard NPC, very light spoiler here but a preacher for example shouting his message and you can have a dialouge with him and if you pass by him three times he acknowledges that he's seen you a lot and you can pay him a donation or tell him to fuck off. Little stuff like that but to the original question, yes, not every NPC is on a schedule but more like GTA pedestrian padding but it's difficult to tell the ratio on that against the other NPC's who do stick around the same area and have schedules.

My brother is playing on the One X and honestly... I think console gamers doth protest too much. Remember when GTA V came out for 360? That's what this is. Like, yeah, the game looks and runs way better for me but people are acting like the console version is unplayable and I don't get it, this is what console gaming is like most the time.

Right off the bat I can really suggest to read the notes you can find spread everywhere, they give so much extra backstory and lore and it really immerses yourselfs into this world ALOT more! In the first mission there are already some great ones
I second this. Don't be like a Gamespot reviewer. Read that shit. Immerse yourself. I'm playing with my girlfriend and we're reading everything out loud and with acting. It's super fun.

My controller always aim down, even if I don’t press anything (on PS5). And if I pull the stick up, it wants to go down, resulting in a stuttering mess where I can barely control V. Does anyone else have this problem?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Enjoying myself so far. Combat is...good enough, and seems to have flexibility in approaches. Writing's excellent and the city feels alive. Performance on a 1080Ti isn't bad, either.

CDPR really need to patch in full keybindings, massive oversight. I use a left-handed setup and it's aggravating having to hit F every two seconds. I'll have to edit the ini file in the meantime.

DeaDPo0L84

I don't know how or why but my screen flickering issue is...gone? I still get black bars during menus but thank fuck it's not flickering anymore. I can actually enjoy the game now.

With that said, this is by far the best open world to just to walk/drive around in. The city feels so alive and organic that I want to go down every alley way, drive through each city, or just walk around soaking it all in. The ray tracing is really something to behold.

Console owners are going to be pissed off realizing no patch is gonna make the consoles magically look this way, there's zero chance. Even on my rtx 3090 this game is a performance hog.

Rayderism

Playing on PS4 Pro.......looks good, runs smooth enough. Only bugs encountered so far is that my character is bald when looking in mirrors, and HDR is washed out. After much screwing around with the HDR I just decided to put it in SDR and it looks MUCH better that way. So far, it's exceeding my expectations as far as performance on the Pro.

sobaka770

Banned

Dunno about OLED but on my PC screen it's vastly inferior to default settings and lights are notoriously dim in indoor environments.

The key to correct HDR is at first to set top level light at max display capacity in my opinion. OLED can only max out at around 650 nits so that's your top level, paper white should be lower as well. I also think elevated blacks are an artistic choice, but maybe I'm mistaken. I'd rather wait for an official fix in that case though.

How is PS4 with an ssd? This game loads super fast on my PC with my nvme. I wonder if PS4 with an ssd would help pop in. It seems to be well optimized for an ssd.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Playing on PS4 Pro.......looks good, runs smooth enough. Only bugs encountered so far is that my character is bald when looking in mirrors, and HDR is washed out. After much screwing around with the HDR I just decided to put it in SDR and it looks MUCH better that way. So far, it's exceeding my expectations as far as performance on the Pro.

After reading plenty of posts about the HDR, I'll be turning it off as well. Coming from how well HDR looks in Demon's Souls, I can imagine it looking even worse than expected.

Heartkiller

If anyone is having trouble with their sensitivity while playing on a controller, this video might help you out.

These are the settings that I've settled on after messing around in the tutorial area for a bit. (The rest of the advanced options are set to 0 as well)

iyUy1iX.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
hVCDu1A.png

Still a massive jump! I guess a bunch of patches aren't helping things either.

bati

Enjoying myself so far. Combat is...good enough, and seems to have flexibility in approaches. Writing's excellent and the city feels alive. Performance on a 1080Ti isn't bad, either.

CDPR really need to patch in full keybindings, massive oversight. I use a left-handed setup and it's aggravating having to hit F every two seconds. I'll have to edit the ini file in the meantime.

Maybe this will help, it works for F which is hardcoded.

Astorian

5 hours in and a little after the title drop, story sure starts really slow and a little boring but it’s starting to pick up now, if there is one thing I’m disappointed in (besides the bugs of course) it’s the visuals, playing on XSX and game certainly isn’t a looker.

Jonny is fucking crazy

AntsaK2

Neo Member
Does anyone know can I cycle tracked quest straight in-game somehow or do I have to go Journal or Map and change it from there?

imsosleepy

I'm a bit suprised the OT is not going as hard as I would have thought. Maybe most of you are all in the usa. But only like 10 pages got added today :D

So im getting by on the breaching/hacking based off pure intution but I'll be honest I have no clue how this works. Can anyone break it down?

You pick the first part from the top row, which gives you access to the row it's in vertically, then you pick the next part in that vertical row which lets you pick a third part horizontally in that row it's in. When there are 3 code levels try and pick a path that gets you the third level

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
lol, they got SUPER MAD over a poster that TOTALLY fits the world of cyberpunk in 2077 and was actually made by a trans person
and the game has a great character creation but if you look at their comments and tweets about it. Holy shit they are mad they did only so little to represent trans in the character creation and they wanted so much more
they will never be happy or satisfied
How is it not representing trans? You can make a guy with a vagina and a girl with a penis. With any voice.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
when is this “title drop”?? I don’t remember it. Maybe I completely missed it. I’m about 10 hours in.

as far as the main story goes I’ve just arrived at Lizzie’s bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom