• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 features overview trailer / New Ways to Play

sendit

I might finally get this game now, i was always getting my 3080 for this game, had it for the last 2 years and didnt bother getting Cyberpunk due to all the crap.

But now it looks like this 2.0 is a good time to pick it up.
You’re going to need a 4090.

Chronicle

Those are great additions. I'm very hyped.

But I wanted more people on the streets, more cars, more dynamism

Even in the trailer, the city looks so lifeless.

PS: I GET IT NOW! What REALLY bothers me is: there are no parked cars

None. In a city this big.

And they cant even add this to the game, because lanes are too small

They've designed the city with no parking spots

Once you see it, you can't ignore it

Not a city I'd live in.

poodaddy

1440p at 60fps - the 3080, Ryzen 9 and 32gb RAM will be enough im sure :messenger_sunglasses:
Dude my wife went through with an RTX 2080 on max settings, 1440p, Ray tracing maxed, (before overdrive was a thing), and DLSS on performance. I watched her play quite a lot, it performed great. No clue what that guy is on about but he's spewing nonsense.

DeaDPo0L84

Pistols only is boring.

At least do a mix with a melee weapon or the attachment for the arm like the mini rocket launcher.
Can confirm, currently about 1/3 of the way through a new playthrough and tried doing pistols only and it was quite boring. Now I'm doing pistol/katana/smg build and it's a ton of fun, legit feel like John Wick at times.

Dude my wife went through with an RTX 2080 on max settings, 1440p, Ray tracing maxed, (before overdrive was a thing), and DLSS on performance. I watched her play quite a lot, it performed great. No clue what that guy is on about but he's spewing nonsense.
That fact that you’re using DLSS performance means it’s not 1440p. Also the use of anything other than DLSS quality at resolutions below 4k makes the game look like ass.

Anyway, the other user has a 3080 so at Raytracing ultra with DLSS quality, it should average 60 with drops into the 40s. That being said, phantom liberty is supposed to be heavier.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
My first character was a pure hacker, the second one was silenced pistols and the wire for meleee with the bullet time.

Both very fun and outrageously unbalanced.

If i can respec at the beginning of the dlc i'm gonna do a mix hacker with wire for both close and ranged combat.

Lol same. The pure hacker route was badass from a lore perspective or just pure cool points. But it wasn't super engaging after a while... once you get the ultimate hacks or whatever they were called that jump around automatically... you could clear a whole area in like 5 seconds with just a button push haha. But it was badass.

I kinda wanna try a pistol/katana build now especially with bullet deflection being a thing.

Last edited:

sendit

I'm not sure what your definition of 'performed great' means on a 2080 with max ray tracing:

Last edited:

sendit

That fact that you’re using DLSS performance means it’s not 1440p. Also the use of anything other than DLSS quality at resolutions below 4k makes the game look like ass.

Anyway, the other user has a 3080 so at Raytracing ultra with DLSS quality, it should average 60 with drops into the 40s. That being said, phantom liberty is supposed to be heavier.
This. Path tracing already cripples the 4090 without DLSS & Frame Generation. I can't imagine it playing well on lesser hardware. Unfortunately for 3000 series owners, Nvidia gated frame generation to 4000+ series cards.

Last edited:

sendit

Overdrive wasn't available when he said his wife played it so your looking for Phsyco RT performance.
True. However, last gen consoles were dumped for a reason. Phantom Liberty update is going to push the engine to its limits before they dump it. This is going to be the best looking game with the right hardware.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Turn on a fps counter so you can see how full of shit you are. I tried that tonight on a 3080 with 4k and the game wasn’t having it.

Basically have to turn off Ray tracing except reflections , tweak things to high instead of ultra/psycho , and set dlss to auto which we both know fluctuates between performance and ultra performance in order to keep 60fps.

I played on a 2080 at launch and had to do 1440p, RT off , and tweak a bunch of settings down to get 60 fps.

Fucking crock of shit you’re spewing.

Rac3r

Turn on a fps counter so you can see how full of shit you are. I tried that tonight on a 3080 with 4k and the game wasn’t having it.

Basically have to turn off Ray tracing except reflections , tweak things to high instead of ultra/psycho , and set dlss to auto which we both know fluctuates between performance and ultra performance in order to keep 60fps.

I played on a 2080 at launch and had to do 1440p, RT off , and tweak a bunch of settings down to get 60 fps.

Fucking crock of shit you’re spewing.

I wonder why that guy was lying. Like what does he have to gain?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I wonder why that guy was lying. Like what does he have to gain?
Likely isn’t lying intentionally to fool people. His wife played, told him it’s gravy, but isn’t aware it ran at 20-30 fps at best and didn’t care.

salva

Wish I bought it on GOG on release. I bought the digital xbox version day 1 but now want to play it on PC. I wish it was on the PC Xbox store so i can install it there... Fark buying it again

Denton

The game would sell exactly the same if they were using some random character tbh.
I doubt it - it is a marketing vehicle aimed at non-enthusiasts, people who play one or two games a year but know hollywood people. The mainstreamest mainstream. And it works, otherwise these companies wouldn't spend the money.

Last edited:
So, no parking and no subways.

I get its the future but what kind of city is this?

2023 and people still find idiotic reasons to hate Cyberpunk lmfao. Cant wait for next year, "why can't I get get a wife in this game?, sucks!!!!!". There is parking, and theres a mod for the tram system if you are that obsessed with traveling with it instead of all the awesome cars, because Im sure you traveled with the subway in all GTA games right?

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't get why they waste their money on these celebs. The game would sell exactly the same if they were using some random character tbh.

Willing to bet having Keanu in the game added a ton of awareness from people who might not be paying attention to the game otherwise.

His E3 appearance is still legendary and got the game a truckload of publicity. Wouldn't have happened with some rando.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Willing to bet having Keanu in the game added a ton of awareness from people who might not be paying attention to the game otherwise.

His E3 appearance is still legendary and got the game a truckload of publicity. Wouldn't have happened with some rando.
I would have paid 5 extra dollars to not have him and his dull VA inside the game tbh.

Dude was just a super edgy annoyance most of the times.

Elba is a MUCH better actor and i like him way more so i hope he is gonna deliver.

Last edited:

Zuzu

I really wish they could put New Game+ in

I know they've said they couldn't because it would take too much rebalancing and things but all I want to be able to do is start a new play through with all the skill points I earnt in my first play through. I wish they could just give us that option.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I really wish they could put New Game+ in

I know they've said they couldn't because it would take too much rebalancing and things but all I want to be able to do is start a new play through with all the skill points I earnt in my first play through. I wish they could just give us that option.
You're right. The concession is the extra missions and content they're adding in the expansion to make it "Infinitely replayable".

I'm not one of those who wants to be in the world forever for the immersion but I appreciate those additions.

StereoVsn

Looking forward the expansion and 2.0 changes.

The game wasn't quite what they advertised and what I was hoping for which was interactivity with the city and deeper role playing, but Night City itself was quite well designed (unless you really start exploring super deep, lol). I also liked the combat and options there.

Going to give it a few weeks past release for some initial patches to settle and mods to update. Going to grab it then.

Zuzu

The next generation in open world games.

The other day I went back and played Cyberpunk after playing Starfield and it feels so liberating to play Cyberpunk because of how seamless it is. There's hardly any loading and you can walk into and out buildings with freedom. Starfield's loading heavy world feels like drowning and playing Cyberpunk feels like coming to the surface of the ocean and breathing air for the first time.

nkarafo

2023 and people still find idiotic reasons to hate Cyberpunk lmfao. Cant wait for next year, "why can't I get get a wife in this game?, sucks!!!!!". There is parking, and theres a mod for the tram system if you are that obsessed with traveling with it instead of all the awesome cars, because Im sure you traveled with the subway in all GTA games right?
What's with the crying?

Yeah, i like my videogame cities to function like cities, get over it.

Top Bottom