• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 features overview trailer / New Ways to Play

GymWolf

They need to do something to counter balance hacking and superpowers, i don't wanna steamroll the entire game without a trace of challenge.

It is fun but it get mindless after a while.

They need to do something to counter balance hacking and superpowers, i don't wanna steamroll the entire game without a trace of challenge.

It is fun but it get mindless after a while.

best mod ever if you want an actual challenge. the author says he'll try to update it asap after 2.0 hits but yeah requires testing with PL.

geary

Between BG3 Act3, Starfield and CP2077: Phantom Liberty dont know what to focus on…Decisions, decisions.

new girl decisions GIF

Last edited:
I really wish they could put New Game+ in

I know they've said they couldn't because it would take too much rebalancing and things but all I want to be able to do is start a new play through with all the skill points I earnt in my first play through. I wish they could just give us that option.
If you play on PC you can just use a trainer to do that.

GymWolf

best mod ever if you want an actual challenge. the author says he'll try to update it asap after 2.0 hits but yeah requires testing with PL.
What does that change? Just life and damage dealt by enemies?

And can i use vortex with gog games? Because it sound a bit complicated to install and set...

Yeah i really hope cdproject does their job and balance the game instead of modders...i was not ok with fixing starfield, the same goes for cp.

Last edited:
What does that change? Just life and damage dealt by enemies?

And can i use vortex with gog games? Because it sound a bit complicated to install and set...

Yeah i really hope cdproject does their job and balance the game instead of modders...
You just have to read its description. the tl;dr, makes enemies more lore friendly as well as making your life path have an actual gameplay impact, for example you deal more damage to a corpo if you're a corpo but so do they do you, or you deal less damage to other factions. every enemy faction has specific immunities, you can't just spam netrunning skills and destroy everyone. Just read the description my guy. Doesnt break anything but I played with it, a year or so ago and it made the game very hard because I genuinely had to adapt my skills, couldnt just spam burn on everyone.

SnapShot

Only took them 3 years, sigh

I'm gonna start a fresh save once the 2.0 update drops but the game should never have come out the way it did

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I was hoping for 2.0 today. Oh well. Can complete FF16 tonight then move onto this beauty next week.

Braag

Crafting not being tied to the tech tree is so good. I only specced into tech for crafting despite not caring much about tech weapons so I essentially used a lot of skill points on stuff I would never use.
The change to healing is also good, I almost always had 80+ healing items and would spam them endlessly, making me pretty much immortal, so this should prevent that.

Flabagast

Crafting not being tied to the tech tree is so good. I only specced into tech for crafting despite not caring much about tech weapons so I essentially used a lot of skill points on stuff I would never use.
The change to healing is also good, I almost always had 80+ healing items and would spam them endlessly, making me pretty much immortal, so this should prevent that.
It also means that the loot should be seriously reconfigured. Do we have any feedback on this particular point ?

Roni

Gold Member

I'm gonna start a fresh save once the 2.0 update drops but the game should never have come out the way it did
This isn't unprecedented. Games have had different versions for last gen and current gen in the past.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Agreed.

Looking at these features, nothing here is surprising as I was telling people literally for years that they designed this game with those aspects and merely rushed a release. You can see its design was made for this idea as why have a star system? I believe somewhere in the game you can even see the prototype of some cop driving a car which confirms it indeed was this idea to have vehicle combat, even its trailers showed this concept

So it sounds to me that the game has basically been in some early access or something as I don't see most of this as "updates" or "DLC", I literally see it as continued development as they are basically continuing to create the concept that should have been there at launch, so never mind a delay for a year, the game had no business releasing in 2020 period.

When you even look at things like this

^ it makes much more sense why they had a star system, why those trailers showed V shooting FROM A CAR and cops chasing him in vehicles.

So with how packed this year is, ima skip it. I already put 70 hours into it years ago and I understand its much better then it was in 2020, but me and other gamers have no ode to fucking keep replaying a game to wait till they make the final, really, really FINAL this time broz version of a fucking single player game. I get it with MP online titles as they are progressive by nature, but I saw the beginning, middle and end of this game.

To replay it, is basically saying, yet again can you pretend you didn't play that shit from 2020 and THIS time its the real thing lol So I can't even say next year, maybe 2025 we'll just into the DLC and give it a go.

Lots of games released this year that are actually complete concepts and not merely (See you in 3 years when we maybe, sorta finish it...kinda) type things. This company went from Witcher 3 (look how complete our game is) to now the fucking poster child for incomplete games... as hype as I am for Witcher 4 or even a Cyberpunk 2 type thing, this company is now on the no buy day 1 list lol

Even Witcher 1 remake is a wait until after release before buying now based on all this deceptive shit the company has done.

So I'm happy they updated it for those who have yet to play it, but wish they'd just move on to Cyberpunk 2 or something.

amigastar

So i wanna play update 2.1 with my Dualsense on PC but i can't find any settings to setup the controller.
Does anyone know how to support Dualsense on PC?
Edit: So it seems you have to disable Steam controller in properties and then Dualsense is supported by the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom