• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Gigantic 2.0 Update is coming out on 21st September, Five Days Before Phantom Liberty | New Trailers Revealed

Wizz-Art

I bought the limited edition Xbox One X years ago which came with the game and the promise of the first expansion DLC for free? So do I get this for free or what?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I think you have to reach a not so early point in the story to start the dlc.

And if you can just jump on the dlc, i would not have any cool shit like weapons and implants, i didn't wanted to go full virgin into the dlc if they actually improved the challenge.

But it seems like the only solution...

I’m starting a new character as I want to familiarise myself with new mechanics before I jump to DLC. But yeah I fear that I’ll burn out quickly if the changes are not substantial enough…

FireFly

I bought the limited edition Xbox One X years ago which came with the game and the promise of the first expansion DLC for free? So do I get this for free or what?
You won't be getting the expansion because it's not being released on last generation consoles due to hardware limitations. It looks like the wording of the Xbox One X bundle mentioned "expansion" rather than DLC, so you could try going back to the retailer.

GymWolf

I’m starting a new character as I want to familiarise myself with new mechanics before I jump to DLC. But yeah I fear that I’ll burn out quickly if the changes are not substantial enough…
That's even worse in my case because i don't give a fuck about...70% of the new features maybe? i don't care for the police system nor the car combat stuff.

I just want to experiment the game at his overall best and most polished state and try the dlc and the new cool weapons and implants.

I swear starfield only made me crave a proper first person action rpg that doens't feel duct taped with spit and mud, i know you make love with that game and you named you third son Vasco, but i'm just getting throught the motion with it, it is so charmless writing and character wise and i'm not a big nasa fan like you.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I expect an apology once you figure out the truth.

The quest director of the game himself said you have to do a certain amount of the main story to get to the DLC.

timothet

The quest director of the game himself said you have to do a certain amount of the main story to get to the DLC.
He also said that they will give player option to fast-forward in main story, so that DLC can be started right away with fresh save.

timothet

But why would anyone who hasnt played the game do that? Hell even if you played it, you'd still use your own saves.
I'm not saying that people should do it, only that there will be option to do it. Different people may have different reasons for it. It's better to have this option than not have it at all.

killatopak

So apparently the tech tree is gone. They’ve also implemented some stuff from edgerunners like cybernetic limits.

Dunno how I feel about some of the new stuff but definitely makes me excited for the most part.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
hmmm. I must be mistaken then. I just watched a youtube vid where most significant tech skills were now granted to everyone like crafting and stuff.

Yeah they removed and changed most skills, not just tech. It's now focused on actual tech, like your implants, dealing more dmg with tech weapons and items like grenades/health packs. I think its better now.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek

Let the girls have something exclusive as well, ok?
Of course, probably just my really deep thoughts escaped

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's pretty rare that I'll replay a game that I've already dumped 70+ hours into, but I really want to experience this new version fresh before jumping into Phantom Liberty.

I played on PC and always liked the game, even if some aspects felt thin or like smoke and mirrors. But I haven't played it very much since that initial launch window, and there's been so much added, not to mention the support for next gen visual features that would have been impossible at the time.

So I'm looking forward to starting over with Overdrive ray-tracing and all the new features and additions, and then jumping into Phantom Liberty organically.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Completely uninstalled the game a few days ago. Ready to fresh install this in a couple of days and start a new playthrough. Though maybe I should go with my Netrunner, respec and just do Phantom Liberty first. I don't wanna have wait to get into that story.

Freeman76

Cant wait to play this again, once I'm done with Starfield this is getting a fresh start and then I'll tackle the dlc. Hopefully by the time im done BG3 will be out on the box and im set til 24

damidu

12900+4070 i can get 60-70fps with framegen/rt overdrive/dlss quality/ray reconst at 1440p
i guess thats the best i can hope for, doesnt seem like there is a way to achieve it at4k

Last edited:

FUBARx89

I thought Ray Traced reflections was coming in 2.0 and a cutscene when ripper doc works on you so you see what they're doing.

I'm really impressed with the upgrade to the police system. Hearing MaxTac are coming then the ship landing is an amazing feeling.

Not sure on skill tree changes yet, not played about too much but can see why they said start a new character as perk points reset but not skill points.

Performance feels smoother and looks cleaner, kinda like running the PS4 game on PS5.

GymWolf

Yeah they removed and changed most skills, not just tech. It's now focused on actual tech, like your implants, dealing more dmg with tech weapons and items like grenades/health packs. I think its better now.
Since you probably know everything about this stuff, what do i have to spec for the cablewire, sandevistan, picking up enemies and throwing them, arm rocket launcher cyberware and super punches that make enemy fly away?

Strenght and....?

I remember the wire not being considered melee but another category...

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Since you probably know everything about this stuff, where do i have to spec for the wire, sandevistan, picking up enemies and throwing them, arm rocket launcher cyberware and super punches?

Strenght and....

I remember the wire not being considered melee but another category...

I havent played post 2.0 yet, just testing graphics atm so no idea. You would get gorilla arms sandevistan and monowire at specific ripper docs pre-patch 2.0. Most of them should have all you need. Other vendors were kinda useless.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I havent played post 2.0 so no idea. You would get gorilla arms sandevistan and monowire at specific ripper docs pre-patch 2.0.
More than where to find them, i wanted to know how to spec for them to make em stronger, from my understanding they completely changed the system.

Just an heads up. Now you can buy everything from everyone, so you can beat to death the pervy ripperdoc if you like.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
from my understanding they completely changed the system.

Ah sorry havent gotten into the new mechanics. I only installed it to check performance and stuff. Ill start a fresh replay after the expansion hits or shortly after. I still have Starfield to finish. Im pretty sure the tech skill is specifically for all your cyberwarfare needs. The only exception is monowire I think, and I think I saw it moved to intelligence, as you can now use it along side hacking skills.

Last edited:
Top Bottom