• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 features overview trailer / New Ways to Play

FeastYoEyes

I had hoped there would be a "one more thing" to the expansion but I suppose not. Excited either way to have more to do in the game.

Tedditalk

Game looking like it is reaching the potential it had in regards to its combat elements, which is honestly the part that mattered most to me. I feel for people that wanted a deep rpg, but I like Pretty FPS with big booms, good build variety and a well flavored world more, and so far this look like gonna deliver on the mayhem and quality rage 2 was supposed to have.

But even that required several updates to the original game to get there

Only to get ruined severely with the fake ass "next-gen" update that disabled graphical features the OG had to make RT look good while also inserting major servere stutters that the original didnt had and its still being patched to this day. Yeah CDPR is king jank and lies even if their games are great.

RagnarokIV

Will stealth gameplay be improved?

You just kinda sneak up behind people and grab them with no sense of weight, then they just loosely flop over unconscious. It's hard to explain but when you play/see it, it looks cheap and terrible and an asset flip game.

Will stealth gameplay be improved?

You just kinda sneak up behind people and grab them with no sense of weight, then they just loosely flop over unconscious. It's hard to explain but when you play/see it, it looks cheap and terrible and an asset flip game.
Witcher 3 had the same problem where the combat feels floaty and weightless. Especially for the melee combat.

amigastar

I've had Cyberpunk 2077 since release on PC but never really got to play it, i think i'm gonna play the Base game finally when patch 2.0 comes out.

Hugare

Those are great additions. I'm very hyped.

But I wanted more people on the streets, more cars, more dynamism

Even in the trailer, the city looks so lifeless.

PS: I GET IT NOW! What REALLY bothers me is: there are no parked cars

None. In a city this big.

And they cant even add this to the game, because lanes are too small

They've designed the city with no parking spots

Once you see it, you can't ignore it

Last edited:

Akuji

people that follow the game. is this going to be the "definitive" version?
or are more expensions / big patches etc teased / anounced?

maybe its time to give the game a go?

FUBARx89

Hoping they drop the patch before the DLC so we can at least play about with some of the new stuff prior to the DLC launching.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

The entire layout of the city is nonsensical. I don't think creating a believable city was one of their design goals.

bosnianpie

Does anyone know how the new skill tree, cyber ware, perks etc. will work when you've already completed the game? I guess there will be a reset and you start over despite having completed the game?

dorkimoe

I had a lot of fun playing this on XSX like 2 years ago or slightly after launch, cant wait to play again once this drops

timothet

There is plenty of multi-storey parkings around the city center. You literally are driving into one in the introduction mission. And most skycrapers have underground parkings.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Cyberpunk was a phenomenal game, by the time the sequel gets here I see cyber punk being a solid game.

RavageX

If they had simply called this game an action game, most of the problems would have been solved. The game was mislabeled. I really don't care what they add to it, it is never going to fit what they originally claimed it would be. It is just a really polished turd.

Hugare

There is plenty of multi-storey parkings around the city center. You literally are driving into one in the introduction mission. And most skycrapers have underground parkings.
What city do you live in that you dont see any parking spot on the streets?

I'm not talking about multi-storey parkings. I'm talking about cars parked on the streets.

I've posted a 15 minute video where the player roam most of the city (including downtown). How many can you see?

Even the police parks on the sidewalk ffs lol

Roni

Gold Member

I'm guessing AI bike riders and parking will have to be added by modders. NGL, I was hoping they took the opportunity with 2.0 to do it...

But the city does have parking designed into it.

Last edited:

timothet

What city do you live in that you dont see any parking spot on the streets?

I'm not talking about multi-storey parkings. I'm talking about cars parked on the streets.

I've posted a 15 minute video where the player roam most of the city (including downtown). How many can you see?

Even the police parks on the sidewalk ffs lol
Your own words: "They've designed the city with no parking spots"

I count parking building as a parking spot. But even then there is a lot of parking spots not on the main road sprinkled here and there. Hell, even in the thumbnail of video you posted there is parking bay right in front of the car on the right.

lucbr

I bought the game at launch but never started. Almost did when the next gen update released. Maybe now is the right time.

StereoVsn

Still no working subway eh? Gotta wait a bit longer for the actual 1.0 release I suppose.
There is actually a mod for that which is pretty good. I am sure they will convert to 2.0 version. Mod scene in general is pretty damn impressive for Cyberpunk. Some of the stuff like more cars, customizations for cars, flying car, different cyberware options, subway and so on have been available for a while. This is for PC only of course.

StereoVsn

Dammit, between BG3, Starfield, the expansion which is begging for a new run, and Spider-Man 2 there is no time for any other games this year. Sorry indies :(.

Going to wait for a bit on the expansion so patches can hit plus mods can catch up. Same as Starfield. Which means that Jim Ryan's exlusive extravaganza BG3 is it for a while longer (well, and Paradox games).

Del_X

Should I meet Honako at Embers before starting this? Is there a way to start a new game and “level boost” or something? How does any of this work with existing saves? Should I remove my mods?

Denton

Should I meet Honako at Embers before starting this? Is there a way to start a new game and “level boost” or something? How does any of this work with existing saves? Should I remove my mods?
No
Yes
Yes, by resetting perks
YES, FFS

There are actually complete car parks in the game at certain places, but yes, there should be much more spaces in real cities. Then again, we’re just playing a dystopian video game, and what is more dystopian than to have no parking spot when you need one?

ZehDon

Gold Member
So will the new ways to play be available in the base game?
Some of it will, and some of it won't.

My understanding is that none of it is available on last-gen consoles, this is all next-gen only. Anything content based - the big new area, the big new story, the new vehicles, new weapons - is a part of the expansion pack and requires you to buy it. Anything system related - skills, AI, quest changes, balance changes - is apart of version 2.0 and is available to everyone.

SJRB

Gold Member

Lack or parking in this game has been a huge pet peeve of mine, I can't get over how weird this omission is.

May sound like a minor thing but it really pissed me off that after I bought the mega deluxe apartment in Corpo Plaza, the place doesn't have a parking space. None. Nowhere in two city block radius is a parking space so I either have to leave my car on the middle of the highway or dump it on the sidewalk. Either is ridiculous. None of the purchasable apartments have a dedicated parking space.

Such a weird thing to forget.

Lack or parking in this game has been a huge pet peeve of mine, I can't get over how weird this omission is.

May sound like a minor thing but it really pissed me off that after I bought the mega deluxe apartment in Corpo Plaza, the place doesn't have a parking space. None. Nowhere in two city block radius is a parking space so I either have to leave my car on the middle of the highway or dump it on the sidewalk. Either is ridiculous. None of the purchasable apartments have a dedicated parking space.

Such a weird thing to forget.
I always thought the parking was under the complex, Then again these are mega blocks so most of the people living in them prolly wouldn't have the money to afford a car let alone run one?

Bigbelly

Banned
Some of it will, and some of it won't.

My understanding is that none of it is available on last-gen consoles, this is all next-gen only. Anything content based - the big new area, the big new story, the new vehicles, new weapons - is a part of the expansion pack and requires you to buy it. Anything system related - skills, AI, quest changes, balance changes - is apart of version 2.0 and is available to everyone.

Sweet! I’ve been holding of just cause this was my hope regarding the game.

Rickyiez

You mean .. Cyberpunk 1.0

If only this is the version that everyone played during the launch , more people would be able to experience the excellent story campaign it has .

Bojji

No, but in an open world RPG the more random and radiant AI you have, the better the game becomes. Not having AI for police and vehicle chases limited the potential for missions in Cyberpunk drastically. The potential for random, funny shit that can happen will increase tenfold with the new update.

The problem was not that it wasn't working like GTA, but that it wasn't working at all. There's no point including a system just for the sake of including it. Either don't include it at all, or make it functional and not immersion breaking.

Open world in cyberpunk is like open world in Jak 2 and 3, it serves only to connect different missions, there is nothing much to do otherwise. While in GTA games open world is the most important thing and main focus of development team.

Maybe they lied, over promised etc. But they made the game with main facus in (main) story quests and side quests. Now they are changing it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Really bummed that they haven't added low-key time wasters (like all Witcher games had). It makes sense narratively to not be playing dice-poker with another person in your head, but still.

. . .other than that, haven't played the game in three years after mainlining it at release. Definitely going to try and get the "good ending" this time around (which I thought I had but apparently I didn't).

Braag

I'll probably drop everything and start a new playthrough once the expansion hits. Can't wait to see all the new stuff and experience the game again.

Papa_Wisdom

I’m running through the outer worlds (yeah I know) that I started years ago and never finished before picking this up when it comes out. I only played a couple of hours on my one x when it was first released before shelving it until this moment.

Top Bottom