• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 features overview trailer / New Ways to Play

Buggy Loop

Looks dope!

Gordon Ramsay Fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

I've got a feeling this will be a huge redemption ark for this game

CGNoire

Version 2.0 of the game and new DLC 'Phantom Liberty' is coming September 26th. I'm personally happy that they focused on the best aspect of the game: combat and different ways you can approach combat scenarios. Here's a list of all new features:

• A dangerous new district
  • Dozens of new story quests & gigs
  • Vehicle combat & mounted weaponry
  • Revamped police system
  • Combat AI overhaul
  • Endless dynamic events & missions
  • Redesigned cyberware & perks
  • All-new relic skill tree & abilities
  • Increased level cap
  • 100+ new items - weapons, cyberware & fashion

The lighting from weapon fire is completly absent during the police section of that video? Not even the emissives on the swats arms nor the blue jumpjets on there hovercraft produce light?

I thought OD mode meant every light and emmissive surface where included?
That was CDPRs claim after all. 🤬

Cyberpunkd

Don't want to start a new playthrough without the 2.0 overhaul, can I start it the moment PL hits or am I missing something if PL is not out yet (except the DLC district and Relic skill tree)?

Gonna go as a Netrunner / Melee, never played like that.

SJRB

Gold Member
Don't want to start a new playthrough without the 2.0 overhaul, can I start it the moment PL hits or am I missing something if PL is not out yet (except the DLC district and Relic skill tree)?

2.0 releases sometime before Phantom Liberty, so you can start a fresh playthrough of the game on the 2.0 version and get going before Phantom Liberty comes out.

F48jEWAXUAA4tik

Sybrix

I might finally get this game now, i was always getting my 3080 for this game, had it for the last 2 years and didnt bother getting Cyberpunk due to all the crap.

But now it looks like this 2.0 is a good time to pick it up.

Sorne

Just recently picked up and played through Cyberpunk, because I didn't wanna deal with all the launch issues.

And boy am I glad I did ! Such a good game and great story and characters. So happy I don't have to wait long for more content!

Roni

Gold Member

You'll be missing car gigs without PL, but apparently those only activate after you enter Dogtown and reaching Dogtown, in technical terms, is an Act 3 thing.

Netrunner/Melee = Neo Build, my third playthrough was that, it's a lot of fun if you focus in Control quickhacks.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Juat to confirm. You can just move your save into this right? I'm like 40 hours in but mainly did assassin missions etc. I held off the story.

GymWolf

My first character was a pure hacker, the second one was silenced pistols and the wire for meleee with the bullet time.

Both very fun and outrageously unbalanced.

If i can respec at the beginning of the dlc i'm gonna do a mix hacker with wire for both close and ranged combat.

Filben

I wonder how big of a jump the expansion and update is on PS5 in terms of visuals and how it does then compare to the PC version.

With a RTX3080 you'd probably want to play it on PC but DualSense/Adaptive Trigger support was only possible with a mod, which probably breaks with this new update. And I think it does enhance the gameplay, having this kind of feedback. I hope they'll add proper DualSense support with this update to the PC version.

timothet

Juat to confirm. You can just move your save into this right? I'm like 40 hours in but mainly did assassin missions etc. I held off the story.
Yes, you will be able to use old save. There will be also option to start new game and fast-forward with main quest to the point where Phantom Liberty becames available.

Last edited:
My first character was a pure hacker, the second one was silenced pistols and the wire for meleee with the bullet time.

Both very fun and outrageously unbalanced.

If i can respec at the beginning of the dlc i'm gonna do a mix hacker with wire for both close and ranged combat.
I’ve been toying with the idea of going pistols-only for my third playthrough. I love limiting weapon type in RPGs.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I had just resumed a playthrough yesterday that I had around 5 hours in. I think I may stick with that one as it's decently enough in or I don't want to go through that again. But I may not play it as much just to experience this with the newer patch and get into the expansion as well.

Luipadre

I wonder how big of a jump the expansion and update is on PS5 in terms of visuals and how it does then compare to the PC version.

With a RTX3080 you'd probably want to play it on PC but DualSense/Adaptive Trigger support was only possible with a mod, which probably breaks with this new update. And I think it does enhance the gameplay, having this kind of feedback. I hope they'll add proper DualSense support with this update to the PC version.

Is it even confirmed? I know the expansion area will probably look better but not sure about the overall game especially on console

Pistols only is boring.

At least do a mix with a melee weapon or the attachment for the arm like the mini rocket launcher.
I’ve done a scrappy any weapon run /hacking and a minimal hacking sword-only run, which was amazing.

I never did use the wire weapon though, so I could combine that.

Cant wait to replay the game for the third in the exact same way as I did the previous times: netrunning the shit out of enemies from afar stealthily.

Cyberpunkd

You'll be missing car gigs without PL, but apparently those only activate after you enter Dogtown and reaching Dogtown, in technical terms, is an Act 3 thing.

Netrunner/Melee = Neo Build, my third playthrough was that, it's a lot of fun if you focus in Control quickhacks.
But they are redoing skill trees as well for 2.0? Might be worth to wait till it drops.

Is it even confirmed? I know the expansion area will probably look better but not sure about the overall game especially on console

It's not going to look great on the console. CD Project has only really cared about the PC over the last 3 years as most of their patches are exclusive to PC and geared towards showing off Nvidia cards. It took them almost two years to release the next gen update which was never that impressive and after they released that it was back to focusing on PC.

So if they do manage to improve graphics I expect a further hit to the already questionable image quality. Seriously, whenever it rains and whenever you drive in this game on PS5, the roads become an artifacty, blurry mess.

Buggy Loop

i'm going to buy the 7800 xt should i consider Nvidia instead like for this?

Buying a GPU for cyberpunk means Nvidia 100%

The path tracing, upcoming ray reconstruction, DLSS, frame gen.

Worth the ~100$ premium if that’s the game you want to experience to the fullest

The ray reconstruction is the first time in decades I can remember where there’s such a fork into graphic results between vendors for the same API calls. It’ll look a leap ahead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom