• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control UE File Size | PS5 Version is ~40% Smaller than Xbox Series X's

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
The whole cast in Control is really diverse with uneven skin, scars and non symmetrical shapes.

It is actually quite natural in that regard and in terms of physiognomy very appealing.

I don't understand why you are so rude.

Last edited:
This is unfair, XSX is not a last minute quickly assembled console purely off the shelves.

Direct Storage is not even available as a beta API on PC and they built a console I/O system around it. They have a custom data decompressor unit in HW with custom texture unpacking logic (2-3:1 decompression ratio/throughput), ability to boost clock with SMT disabled, MS designed Audio DSP’s and security chips, etc... even the dual speed UMA memory setup is custom and they produced a massive GPU cluster.
So is it rushed out or not? MS even announced their console first!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Can someone with UE version check what kind of info the file has? If it's Gen9aware or just Gen9 pls?

Dozer831

Neo Member
lUotwhV.jpg

"Lot of changes in things like how we handle data etc."

Control Ultimate Edition seems like a good first example of how data compression, I/O, and SSD will work on the PS5. The Xbox Series X Version's file size is roughly 68 percent bigger than the PS5 version. If this trend continues (~50 percent difference), the 825GB SSD will store more games than a 1TB SSD.

P.S. This is a very interesting topic. Please don't make it into another console war thread. Thank you.

PS5 File Size: ~25 GB
XSX File Size: ~42 GB

He’s saying it’s not because of Kraken

Dozer831

Neo Member
Higher quality textures? Did anyone see that in the comparisons?

I know they were a while ago but I don't remember anyone saying that.
He said it had something to do with Question number 2 nothing about textures but didn't want to say why. Which is odd, because if they aren't using the compression on XSX why not just say it unless there's a lot more to it.

Last edited:
He said it had something to do with Question number 2 nothing about textures but didn't want to say why. Which is odd, because if they aren't using the compression on XSX why not just say it unless there's a lot more to it.

I remember an insider a while ago saying that some developers were having some serious issues with the VA. Don't remember what exactly was said though but it sounded pretty bad. No idea if there was any truth in that.

Dozer831

Neo Member
I remember an insider a while ago saying that some developers were having some serious issues with the VA. Don't remember what exactly was said though but it sounded pretty bad. No idea if there was any truth in that.
Yeah, I have no idea unless someone else on here has any input, it's happening in a lot of games with different devs. I don't understand why it's such a secret though.

Yeah, I have no idea unless someone else on here has any input, it's happening in a lot of games with different devs. I don't understand why it's such a secret though.

All I can think of is that it can't be fixed. That's the only reason why they would keep something like that a secret.

Top Bottom