• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console Edition Classic D&D RPGs - Collector's Editions (PS4, XB1 & Switch)

Havoc2049

Baldur’s Gate/Baldur’s Gate II, Planescape: Torment/Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights Collector's Editions for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch are set for release this fall. Each Dungeon's and Dragon's Collector's Pack will be $99 individually or $199 for the Ultimate Collector's Pack. They are available for pre-order from June 28th to August 2nd, or until supplies last. The regular physical and digital editions will be $50 each. I know you can buy these games on sale for Steam and GOG for fairly cheap, but being able to play the enhanced editions, with all the DLC and on consoles for the first time will be cool. These Collector's Editions are pretty slick, especially for D&D fans. I already ordered the Ultimate Collector's Pack (XB1). :messenger_beaming:

Pre-Order Page

9TWA7Zd.jpg

yoLI18C.jpg

8FkyVid.jpg

w4aO3Zr.jpg

I SO want all of these, but I don't care at all about all the physical stuff with them. I'll pick them up over time individually (on sale digitally most likely). I have instituted a personal rule that I will never by CEs with physical kitsch I don't need ever again.

mcz117chief

Dat Beholder dice bowl, good Lord! That might sway me for the ultimate :)

edit: wait there is no PC version? Lolno, I don't want to submit myself to this kind of torture. The idea of playing BG on PS4 makes my skin crawl. I guess Switch, with its touch screen, would make this the most playable platform.

Last edited:

wipeout364

pretty cool set. would be nice if the ultimate edition had everything in the three other editions(it should for the price but looking at the pictures above it is missing stuff which will drive the hardcore collector crazy).

Havoc2049

What a milk job.

So how much is just buying these games standalone? Still $60?

$50 each for the standard physical and digital editions.

vT9h15k.jpg

Dat Beholder dice bowl, good Lord! That might sway me for the ultimate :)

edit: wait there is no PC version? Lolno, I don't want to submit myself to this kind of torture. The idea of playing BG on PS4 makes my skin crawl. I guess Switch, with its touch screen, would make this the most playable platform.
These enhanced versions have already been released on the PC digitally by Beamdog. The physical editions are for console only.

Ol'Scratch

Some fantastic games and great experiences. Swag is nice too, metal engraved dice while not super expensive are not cheap (for good dice)

Havoc2049

Just a heads-up, today is the last day for pre-orders.

Skybound has also given some hard release dates.
Skybound Games will release standalone boxed versions of Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Planescape: Torment/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition at major retailers on Oct. 1, 2019, in North America and Oct. 4 in other territories. Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will release Dec. 3, 2019 in North America and Dec 6 in other territories for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

The Ultimate version is still listed as sometime in December.

johntown

Banned
I already have all of these on PC but I like playing on my couch with a controller. I will get the digital versions and enjoy controller support on my couch for these great games!

SpiceRacz

As someone that's never experienced these, I'm stoked at the idea of playing them on PS4. However, $50 each is wayyy too steep.

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
As someone that's never experienced these, I'm stoked at the idea of playing them on PS4. However, $50 each is wayyy too steep.
You do realize there are two games for each right? That is about $25 per game which for these games is about right IMO. I hope they have individual copies for $20 digitally.

SpiceRacz

You do realize there are two games for each right? That is about $25 per game which for these games is about right IMO. I hope they have individual copies for $20 digitally.

Sure, but even at $25, that's a bit much. The other problem is you're not being given the option of buying them individually. As far as we know.

The games are old, but they are the remasters, and all of them but Torment come with expansions.
The amount of content contained is pretty insane. The full Baldur's Gate Saga can easily clock in at over 200 hours for a first time player.

As much as I like PT and ID, I've beaten both to last me a lifetime.

When it comes to BG, on the other hand, I have only played through the whole thing once, and I haven't played Dragonspear at all (played BGII numerous times). I would jump on the Collector Edition if they included a reprint/replica of that fat PC manual that game with the originals. Alas.

Cranberrys

I never played any of these games since I've always played only on consoles but I dreamed of playing them for years. I will buy them digitally on PS4 but to me 60$/€ a piece for games that probably going to last me 100 hours each is more than OK.

How do the controls transfer to console? Are they using one of the thumb sticks as a mouse or will they be more like dungeon seige?

The console control scheme for Divinity is surprisingly decent, but I found it pretty cumbersome compared to a regular mouse. I imagine this will be similar.
The iOS touch controls worked pretty well, but the Switch has less real estate to work with.

Patrick S.

Banned
What a joke that price is! Those D&D Anthology collections are super expensive for PC on ebay too, whenever you can find them. Expect to pay €50-70 for them.

Havoc2049

fucking joke all games could be picked up on ios for 1 each

Come on man.... I just checked for iOS and they are $10 each and $39 for a bundle, without Neverwinter Nights. Obviously, there are cheaper ways to play all these games, but this is the first time they are on consoles. These collector’s editions are also for enthusiast gamers and collectors, and go for a premium as well.

The console control scheme for Divinity is surprisingly decent, but I found it pretty cumbersome compared to a regular mouse. I imagine this will be similar.
The iOS touch controls worked pretty well, but the Switch has less real estate to work with.
Divinity is both turn based and hex based. Vastly easier than real time with pause and free movement. And yeah, 6.2 inches on the Switch is pretty small. I've played some of the Android ports on a Fire 8 and Fire 10 and the 8 inches of the Fire 8 was already pushing it in terms of playability and readability.

Come on man.... I just checked for iOS and they are $10 each and $39 for a bundle, without Neverwinter Nights. Obviously, there are cheaper ways to play all these games, but this is the first time they are on consoles. These collector’s editions are also for enthusiast gamers and collectors, and go for a premium as well.
I don't know about iOS but Google Play had them for $2 each during winter last year. Even Neverwinter Nights which just released like a week prior.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
On a sale several times.

GreyHorace

Kind of sad that Dungeons & Dragons hasn't had a killer videogame since the release of these titles. But Larian is doing Baldur's Gate 3 so here's hoping it sparks a renaissance.

FranXico

I've seen these games for 3€ each on GOG not long ago. In fact, if you buy them there, they come bundled with the original versions. That's where I got them.

Makariel

I've seen these games for 3€ each on GOG not long ago. In fact, if you buy them there, they come bundled with the original versions. That's where I got them.
Yeah, they have been on sale multiple times on GOG in the past. I've picked them up over the years and don't think I've paid more than £3 each.

Top Bottom