• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldurs Gate/Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale get console release dates.

marcincz

I've never played in BG, PT or ID. Looked forward all these titles on PS4 or XO, but 50$ each? I thought it will be 50$ for all of them.

Reactions: Isa

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Man, I’d love to play BGII on Switch, but I want to carry over my save file from BG... :(

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
My question is, will the PC versions get proper controller support? Do they already have controller support? Steam doesn't mention it.

I doubt that the console versions probably won't get propper controller support. This games seems way too complexes to play with a controller.

Humdinger

I've heard such good things about Planescape Torment, I'm tempted. I don't like playing games on my PC, so that's not an option for me. It's cool that they're releasing on console. But I'll wait for a sale.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
I doubt that the console versions probably won't get propper controller support. This games seems way too complexes to play with a controller.

If they can port games like Railroad Tycoon, Worms Armageddon and Sim City on consoles, then they can port those games too. But they'll have to adjust the in-game text fonts,menus and items to make them larger for TV screens

Larian's console interface for OS is one of the best I've seen, but it's still hot garbage compared to mouse control for these types of games.

Corrik

People on GameFAQs were saying this was cheaper than Steam prices because of the bundle and all DLC comes with them. Is this incorrect?

Baldurs Gate 1 / Baldurs Gate 2 Enhanced + ALL DLC + New DLC to bridge the two.

How much would that cost on steam?

Corrik

Steam:

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition $19.99
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanded Edition $19.99
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear $19.99

MSRP on Steam: $59.97
MSRP on Console: $49.99
GoG $59.97

*Shrug*

And, don't say "well, on sale...". Cuz the console version will go on sale too.

Baldur's Gate Infinity Collection on steam $106.29
Haa all Baldur's Gate content + Icewind Dale and Planescape.

On consoles. $99.98

Planescape gog and steam $19.99
Icewind gog and steam $19.99
Standalone.

$39.98 steam+gog
$49.99 console

Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition + ALL DLC on steam and gog $52.11

Consoles $49.99

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

If they can port games like Railroad Tycoon, Worms Armageddon and Sim City on consoles, then they can port those games too. But they'll have to adjust the in-game text fonts,menus and items to make them larger for TV screens
I don't remember much, because I played it like 20+ years ago, but BD had tiny text. I doubt they will fix that for consoles.
Get ready to squint a lot!

Steam:

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition $19.99
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanded Edition $19.99
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear $19.99

MSRP on Steam: $59.97
MSRP on Console: $49.99
GoG $59.97

*Shrug*

And, don't say "well, on sale...". Cuz the console version will go on sale too.

Baldur's Gate Infinity Collection on steam $106.29
Haa all Baldur's Gate content + Icewind Dale and Planescape.

On consoles. $99.98

Planescape gog and steam $19.99
Icewind gog and steam $19.99
Standalone.

$39.98 steam+gog
$49.99 console

Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition + ALL DLC on steam and gog $52.11

Consoles $49.99

All very true, but they get deep cuts (75%-80%) during major sales.

Price is subjective, but you will definitely get your bang for the buck out of these. The BG "Saga" (1&2 plus expansions) is a monster of an undertaking that will easily clock in at well over 100 hours for most people.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Not at all like console games.
The PSN, as an example, has pretty rare "deep cut" sales.

Gamestop, Bestbuy, Newegg - all have some fantastic sales for console titles. I was able to pick up both Mario and Luigi 3DS Remakes for 15 dollars each on Bestbuy from their recent Buy 1 Get 1 50% off + GCU discount. Just got to know where to look for these sales, but they happen just as often as those Steam/GoG Sales.

Reactions: Isa

Corrik

I think it is fair to say the sales aren't as great as the sales you may see on gog or steam. But, sales do happen a lot. I bought division 2 for $32 just the other day. Kingdom Hearts 3 physical for $30 a couple months after release.

Sales happen all the time.

However, I think we have proven that the cost difference between the two isn't as bad as made to seem and that the prices aren't really "outrageous, ridiculous, and greedy"

V4skunk

Banned
I think 50 for physical isn't bad for Switch because the used price will probably be 35-40+. It will be a rare game for collectors. Not sure about ps4 or Xbone though.

Gamestop, Bestbuy, Newegg - all have some fantastic sales for console titles. I was able to pick up both Mario and Luigi 3DS Remakes for 15 dollars each on Bestbuy from their recent Buy 1 Get 1 50% off + GCU discount. Just got to know where to look for these sales, but they happen just as often as those Steam/GoG Sales.

Via digital though?

Granted, I've been fairly satisfied with some of Nintendo's cuts, but just sayin'.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Via digital though?

Granted, I've been fairly satisfied with some of Nintendo's cuts, but just sayin'.

I was talkin' physical. The sales for physical games happen just as often as digital and are often times just as deep of a sale.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I watched the trailer just to check how did they even changed the interface to make it work well without mouse and keyboard.
The answer is "poorly".
It looks like garbage to play.
Unless you have a fetish for playing on consoles no matter what do yourselves a favor and go for the PC version.

Sentenza

In games with pause-at-any-time combat, does it really matter?
Of course it does. As it does for turn based games.
Unless you are a masochist and enjoy doing taking countless convoluted steps to give even the most basic instructions and/or navigate the inventory.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
They really look like very low effort ports, I mean look at this UI, they didn't even bother doing basic integration of the pad buttons.

atXiRmo.jpg

They should look up Paradox games for some tips on creating a console UI.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Feels like stealth mode has been enabled for this launch, next week.

I'm going to roll two six sided dice, 8 or higher and I'll buy all 4 games 😁

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
You'll have no way to remove Beamdogs shitty new companions in Baldurs console versions, but I guess you could just murder or avoid them.

Last edited:

klosos

You'll have no way to remove Beamdogs shitty new companions in Baldurs console versions, but I guess you could just murder or avoid them.

Lol come on Dorn il-Khan is a very good character and Baeloth is not to bad but Rasaad , Neera and Hexxat are terrible ill agree with you there.

Well BG 1-2 are my favorite games of all time so i couldn't pass up the opportunity to get the special edition , ill grab the Planescape as well but Neverwinter is rubbish and wont bother with that.

JSoup

Banned
The main reason to play Neverwinter these days, as the built in story really isn't all that amazing, is to connect to custom servers for roleplay.

Gonna rebuy all these Infinity Engine games for the 4th time lmao. I'll skip NWN, I've always disliked the engine that was used and the base game is hot garbage. I've been told that there are amazing fan modules for it, but I dunno if those will be supported in the Switch version.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
It is bud. 4 days time!

The sensible option would be to buy one game and because there so big wait for a sale on the others...

Question is though; Have I got enough skill points in the Willpower stat to do that?
Ah, oh..

It's says the 15th of October on the UK Amazon site. And hell no, my willpowers at an all time low.. (And always has been..) :p

thequestion

I wonder what the size of the physical print run will be? I’m guessing quite small. The novelty of getting a physical copy on switch is extremely tempting. (I own all of these on gog already)

Hostile_18

Banned
I think theres reason to be concerned with this release. 4 days to go and have we even had a preview?

Still even if it's not a great port it's still a great game.

Hostile_18

Banned
Here we go again guys two days till release (hopefully this time lol).

Who is picking up what? I hope they hold up as good as I remember.

Here we go again guys two days till release (hopefully this time lol).

Who is picking up what? I hope they hold up as good as I remember.

Will pick up later, till Xmas actually. Curios about UI and controls. Well, Divinity 2 managed, hope will these games too. These games are fucking classics.

Hostile_18

Banned
Will pick up later, till Xmas actually. Curios about UI and controls. Well, Divinity 2 managed, hope will these games too. These games are fucking classics.

Yeah it will be strange playing on my 65inch oled compared to what I originally played it on back in the day.

I think I'll be getting the Baldurs Gate ones full price and sale for Planescape (as I don't have much interest in Icewind Dale).

I'll certainly post my impressions.

intbal

I played all of these years ago. While PS:T was certainly inventive, I didn't really love any of them.
I much preferred the half-assed mess that was Temple of Elemental Evil.

anthraticus

Banned
I played all of these years ago. While PS:T was certainly inventive, I didn't really love any of them.
I much preferred the half-assed mess that was Temple of Elemental Evil.
Glad I played years later with the Temple+ mod.

But yea, as far as the actual combat goes, ToEE is a lot better than that Infinity engine real time with pause stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom