• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldurs Gate/Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale get console release dates.

Lister

Banned
I dont understand why you'd actually want to play a game like this with a gamepad. I inderstand not having an option cause you only console game. But wanting to?

That's like having a thread with a bunch of people itching to play a Mario game with a mouse and keyboard.

"Im holding off on the port of Super Mario switcheroo edition coning to pc, just in case they add mouse and keyboard support for the switch!"

Like what dimension from hell did i step into?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I dont understand why you'd actually want to play a game like this with a gamepad. I inderstand not having an option cause you only console game. But wanting to?

That's like having a thread with a bunch of people itching to play a Mario game with a mouse and keyboard.

"Im holding off on the port of Super Mario switcheroo edition coning to pc, just in case they add mouse and keyboard support for the switch!"

I don't understand "gamers" who throw a conniption fit whenever a game comes out with a control scheme they don't prefer.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Play a 100+ hour RPG sitting at a computer desk or play a 100+ hour RPG (on the Switch) whilst lying in bed or taking a shit or in the backyard on a balmy afternoon with a beer and a smoke?

It ain’t 1998 anymore. I’m picking the second scenario.

I get your point, though.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

There are hundreds of PC games i'd love to play with a pad, hundreds. And i've played on the pc since it became a thing.

Lister

Banned
I don't understand "gamers" who throw a conniption fit whenever a game comes out with a control scheme they don't prefer.

Its not about preference, its about a game whose interactions were designed for mouse and keyboard, and if previous attempts are anything to go by, playing with a game pad slows down every interaction by orders of magnitude.

I do t have a problem with making it available to gamepads, i just find it weird people are actually clamoring for it. Just an observation.

I mean common, you wouldnt do a double take if my hypothetical Mario scenario played out?

Yes you would.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Its not about preference, its about a game whose interactions were designed for mouse and keyboard, and if previous attempts are anything to go by, playing with a game pad slows down every interaction by orders of magnitude.
How does this matter for an isometric RPG that can be paused at any time, to say nothing of the long pauses for exploring dialogue trees with NPCs?

I do t have a problem with making it available to gamepads, i just find it weird people are actually clamoring for it. Just an observation.

I mean common, you wouldnt do a double take if my hypothetical Mario scenario played out?

Yes you would.
No, I really wouldn't care either way. Is it weird that people who prefer a platform would be happy that a legendary franchise that has finally been ported to consoles after ~20 years? It's one thing if people are port-begging (i.e. "whyyyy won't this come to Switch?") but that isn't our situation here.

Dada55000

Play a 100+ hour RPG sitting at a computer desk or play a 100+ hour RPG (on the Switch) whilst lying in bed or taking a shit or in the backyard on a balmy afternoon with a beer and a smoke?

It ain’t 1998 anymore. I’m picking the second scenario.

I get your point, though.
you wanna take a 100 hour shit in the backyard on a balmy afternoon?

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
Who cares ? Play with whatever controls you want or feel comfortable with. Last time I was playing BG I'd be switching back & forth between m&k and pad, depending on where I was situated.

As someone who has never played these, which is the best one to start with?
Depends on what type of mood you're in. Want something more story focused with more interesting writing and a lot more reading ? Planescape.

Want something more combat focused .....Icewind Dale.

Something a bit more in between.....The first Baldurs Gate.

johntown

Banned
It's a game and it is not like it was hard coded to only use KB/M. They types of games can easily be adjusted to work well with a controller. Torment Tides of Numenera, Divinity Original Sin etc. They are the exact same type of game and work very well with a controller.

vkbest

You should be able to that's why they added the option to comply with EU regulations. Havent tried it myself though.
I can confirm now, you can’t buy games on other region country. That option is only to watch games and prices from other regions.

Hostile_18

Banned
I can confirm now, you can’t buy games on other region country. That option is only to watch games and prices from other regions.

Ah wow that's terrible :(

I've created an OT by the way guys;

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
you wanna take a 100 hour shit in the backyard on a balmy afternoon?
And with a beer and a smoke? Damn straight.

Unfortunately, I’d be crippled by dead leg syndrome, so I’ll have to put it on the backburner until they invent cyborg leg replacements.

Top Bottom