• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Dragon's Dogma 2 runs at uncapped 30 FPS on consoles

vkbest

Fake gamer spotted?
Just get a pc if you don’t want to adjust. Leave console games to be console games. Tons of options is missing the entire point of console.
Won’t play game because it’s 30 is pathetic.
PC retard gamer spotted.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
something tells me that this game will not run very optimized on PC either.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Dear Capcom,

I hope a dragon burns your balls off.

Respectfully Your's
All Console Players.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

So it can run better in backwards compatibility mode of next generation systems?
If they really cared they would have made uncapped framerate an option.

So, simply, they don't seem to care about performance.

Most console players will be enjoying DD2 with judder and screen tearing.

Fantastic.

water celebration GIF by Sporza

bender

What time is it?

Fantastic.

But think of the time savings of not having to worry about a next generation patch.

This generation should really be 1800p as the maximum.

Most people picking up this game and most games don’t care about 30 fps. 4K is actually more important to most because people brought 4K TVs to experience 4K content.

In other words, you’re probably right but 4K makes these companies more money that’s why there isn’t a push for 1800p/1440p modes.

Last edited:

Fantastic.

It's absolute bullshit to not have one mode capped at 30 and another optional mode unlocked for back compatibility in future consoles

This makes zero fucking sense

Buggy Loop

Most people picking up this game and most games don’t care about 30 fps. 4K is actually more important to most because people brought 4K TVs to experience 4K content.

In other words, you’re probably right but 4K makes these companies more money that’s why there isn’t a push for 1800p/1440p modes.

Those nice 4k ultra high end OLED TVs experiencing 30 fps judder :messenger_ok:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
It 2024. Not 2014. 4K TV's = 4K content.

Keep the framerate at 30, buy a PC if you want more or both

Already have one and a PS5. Do you honestly believe this game will run at native 4K? Since you seem to be such a proponent for it.

Last edited:
This HAS to be an early April Fools Joke!

Uncapped framerate that runs at 31 fps! LOL Capcom! JUST enough extra frames to give us constant judder and stutter!

We are in bizarro world with this shit. Like, when the dev said last week it would have an uncapped fps, everyone thought "oh good they couldn't quite achieve 60 locked so they're giving us unlocked framerate for VRR tvs"

Nobody could've imagined the game would be in the low 30's ..Jesus h christ Japanese developers

DavidGzz

I could be wrong but RE engine runs perfectly on all platforms so I really don't think this will have issues on PC at least. My 4070ti is red E

Hoppa

The frame rate will fluctuate, sometimes dramatically, depending on where you are and what you are doing.
Thanks, I was thinking this but does that mean it’ll fluctuate to fps lower than 30fps or that 30fps is the minimum ?

Bernardougf

Gold Member
30 fps.

Awesome. Right back to the 1995 era of gaming where 3D engines were in their infancy and pulling off 30 fps on PS1 and Saturn was considered a smooth wow factor.

Congrats gamers. Consoles are probably 1000x more powerful than that era and we are back to 30 fps.
Hey .. but have you seen that grass ? And that pretty lights ?? Ooohooo !

Fbh

Deep sale it is then, if at all. Uncapped 30fps is the worst. This year is shaping up to be easier on my wallet than anticipated.

When they said "uncapped" I had hoped it meant a 60fps target that dropped to the mid 40's when things get intense. Instead it seems to be the absolute worst type of 30fps.

looks amazing ,apart from the uncapped FPS , makes elden ring look extremely dated

Elden Ring looks more striking to me. The graphics look more dated, sure, but the art direction is way better than generic medieval fantasy world 5857.

And we already know it plays better because action RPGS at 30fps feel awful compared to 50-60fps.

Last edited:
Gonna need a complete tech breakdown video after launch, because RE engine hasn't failed a single time to impress before. Is it really that taxing for it to go open world?

As much as I'd love to go console, PC it is this time.

TheKratos

Doesn't matter, 30fps is perfectly fine as long as it's stable, couldn't even tell you the difference between a smooth 30fps versus 60 or 120. But of course the performance/graphics whores will be here any second telling us how it's better on their $50k PC. Like yea no shit, but some of us don't care about the differences enough to pull out a second mortgage on our house. Plus the PS5 Pro will run this just as good as high end PC's anyways in a few months. /s

Am I doing it right?
You had me triggered, not gonna lie.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Gonna need a complete tech breakdown video after launch, because RE engine hasn't failed a single time to impress before. Is it really that taxing for it to go open world?

As much as I'd love to go console, PC it is this time.

If you’re buying on PC, you can consider buying Steam key (18% off) at Indiegala, Fanatical and Greenmangaming instead of paying $69.99. But refund policy will differ from Steam

adamosmaki

Doesn't matter, 30fps is perfectly fine as long as it's stable, couldn't even tell you the difference between a smooth 30fps versus 60 or 120. But of course the performance/graphics whores will be here any second telling us how it's better on their $50k PC. Like yea no shit, but some of us don't care about the differences enough to pull out a second mortgage on our house. Plus the PS5 Pro will run this just as good as high end PC's anyways in a few months. /s

Am I doing it right?
You are almost there. You forgot to add you need a mortgage on your car for a gpu upgrade every 6 months

Last edited:

Zuzu

If it's native 4k, then it's a bit weird that they don't want to offer a 1080p or 1440p mode targeting 60fps. Unless it's CPU limited; in that case even a PS5 Pro is unlikely to help a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom