• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the first volume of KSD's Captain Marvel, turns out I had read it before, I'd just forgotten. That's not a great sign, but I do like it enough. I think DeConnick is better at dialogue than she is at plotting.

Finished the first volume of KSD's Captain Marvel, turns out I had read it before, I'd just forgotten. That's not a great sign, but I do like it enough. I think DeConnick is better at dialogue than she is at plotting.

I can't remember all that much about it either. I remember there was some time travel involved though.

Squire

Banned
my ideal new runaways series would be one with none of the original cast, at least not in starring, or interpretations of established characters.

But a book filled with individual characters created by different writers with the common theme of them each running away from something. Not necessarily the same thing.

That's a legitimately super excellent idea. Sounds almost like an episode of This American Life, but as a comic.

Wolfman channeling classic 60s Silver Age evil Phantom Zone criminals in Convergence Adventures of Superman.

6M1EjZq.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I will have to say I have been very disappointed with both Convergence and Battleworld so far. Some of Marvel's offshoots have been fun, but outside of Swamp Thing and Harley/PG, I didn't really enjoy any of the convergence books that I was able to read. Is there a really great on on Comixology that I may have overlooked?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have been really quiet as of late, been skimming the thread a little but have been avoiding reading too much as I decided I should probably catch up on Avengers/New Avengers ahead of Secret Wars so I can join in the fun. I'm still not caught up, but I think I'm getting close. I also haven't read any of Convergence so DC's not been doing much for me recently either. Yay summer events!

I pulled every Convergence title and I've enjoyed around 80% of what I've read so far. I'm curious what ones people read that they thought were bad, specifically. Cause I have a feeling there are people who said it was bad but then didn't read much of anything and just assumed it was all bad?

PsychBat!

Banned
I pulled every Convergence title and I've enjoyed around 80% of what I've read so far. I'm curious what ones people read that they thought were bad, specifically. Cause I have a feeling there are people who said it was bad but then didn't read much of anything and just assumed it was all bad?

I'm currently going through Convergence myself. I only like 20% of what I've read so far. But I'm not even close to being done. I'll get back to you.

Speaking of Convergence, Greg Rucka needs to come back to write more Huntress, Question and Batwoman.

I actually had a few issues with The Question.

One: Two-Face from Renee's city went to their target city to find that Two-Face that happened to just conveniently be there and have him kill him but how did he know there would be one and why was that the only hero/villain in that city?

Two: Why did Kate think Helena was sleeping with Renee. Did she think Renee turned Helena gay? o_O

Otherwise it was pretty good. I liked acceptance from her Father in the end.

tim1138

Tim and Slug are going to be so proud of me.

gAOqFiu.jpg

Also my list.

BATMAN BEYOND #1 $2.99 (Try the first issue)
GREEN ARROW #41 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #41 (NOTE PRICE) $4.99
OMEGA MEN #1 $2.99
NAILBITER #13 (MR) $2.99

You have chosen wisely.

I will have to say I have been very disappointed with both Convergence and Battleworld so far. Some of Marvel's offshoots have been fun, but outside of Swamp Thing and Harley/PG, I didn't really enjoy any of the convergence books that I was able to read. Is there a really great on on Comixology that I may have overlooked?

Shazam

ThyComicList

ARCHIE COMICS:
ARCHIE #666

DARKHORSE:
BALTIMORE THE CULT OF THE RED KING #2 (Of 5)

DC COMICS:
ACTION COMICS #41
BATMAN BEYOND #1
BIZARRO #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #41
OMEGA MEN #1

IMAGE:
HUMANS #5
ZERO #17

MARVEL:
DARTH VADER #6
SECRET WARS #3
STAR WARS #6

Convergence Green Lantern Parallax: Parallax Hal Jordan mopes for a year all repentant then gives absolutely zero fucks and mercs Electropolis without any hesitation whatsoever. Sounds about right.

A decent issue. Nothing spectacular but I appreciated that they didn't try to sugar coat this.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Finally catching up on the SW tie-ins and damnit, I'm gonna read all of these aren't I?

Infinity Gauntlet, Planet Hulk, Journal were all great. Gonna read MODOK & Kung-Fu soon.

Bonus panel from Convergence Blue Beetle.

blogger-image-1117117296.jpg

Seriously, Convergence Blue Beetle was awesome. I'd say for me like 50 - 70% of the convergence books were enjoyable. Most of the first week of it titles were just ugh.

Monday morning pull list

Action Comics #41
Batman Beyond #1
Bat-Mite #1
Bizarro #1
Green Lantern #41
Justice League #41
Lobo #7
Midnighter #1
Omega Men #1
Wonder Woman Annual #1

Star Wars #7 is going to be a one-off Obi-Wan story set five years before A New Hope. Bianchi's doing the art.

CGRJp1sW0AEJOCG.jpg:large

Is it me or does Obi-Wan look like Luke with a beard?

Messi

FLAWLESS VICTORY. Wada pls. Mercy.

tumblr_nm21goXPHZ1qbkgzfo1_1280.jpg

If it's the last thing I do I will get a full colour Wada commission.

FLAWLESS VICTORY. Wada pls. Mercy.

If it's the last thing I do I will get a full colour Wada commission.

Where is her other leg supposed to be?

It's not up front because the front of the dress is to straight and narrow. But I can't imagine it's on the other side of the fabric because that's just a bizarre dress with like, a train that comes out of the middle of the rump area, but doesn't flare out to either side?

Messi

It's not up front because the front of the dress is to straight and narrow. But I can't imagine it's on the other side of the fabric because that's just a bizarre dress with like, a train that comes out of the middle of the rump area, but doesn't flare out to either side?

Why can't you let it be bro. Wanna fight? I will CUT YOU

Perfectly aligned with her right leg, thus you don't see it.

Her spine is that magical.

Zombine

Banned
So what do you think Harley Cosplaying As Saturn Girl keeps in those holsters? I'm hoping its four different colored light sabers.

Catching up on some reading finally

Deadly Class #13 was so good. This book is fucked, , in the best way

Star Wars #5 was awesome. Love me some Boba Fett

Shaft #6 was a good end to the arc. Man the art in this book is just stellar

..and All-new Hawkeye #3 was. .ok. it is time to say goodbye to this book, just nooo where close to what I loved about Fractions Hawkeye.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is there a Kid Loki story between Journey into Mystery & Young Avengers? I thought he "died" at the end of Gillen's JiM?

I'm only on issue 2 of YM FYI.

Top Bottom