• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

vbBMXQg.png

E3AzAsn.png

MR6n8.png

AinfRFs.jpg

7hfTGM2.jpg

+Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1 & 2 by Dan Slott and Adam Kubert (Jun 3, 17). Peter and Mary Jane are united once again (and with a kid to boot!), but someone is eliminating street-level heroes one by one -- and the Spectacular Spider-Man may be next!
+Armor Wars #1 & 2 by James Robinson and Marcio Takara (Jun 3, 17). The armored city of Technopolis is ruled by founders Tony and Arno Stark, but a murder uncovers a conspiracy to overthrow their utopia and plunge the city into civil war!
+Ghost Racers #1 by Felipe Smith and Juan Gedeon (Jun 10). The Spirits of Vengeance do battle in a winner-takes-all race to the finish, and Robbie Reyes is out to claim the top prize for himself no matter the cost!
+Runaways #1 by Noelle Stevenson and Sanford Greene (Jun 17). When the faculty at Battleworld's most prestigious school reveal their true villainous colors, the academy's most rebellious students have only one choice: run away!
+Thors #1 by Jason Aaron and Christopher Sprouse (Jun 17). They are the hammers of justice on Battleworld, but their investigation into a string of murders threatens to unravel reality and destroy everything the Thors have sworn to protect!
+E is for Extinction #1 by Chris Burnham and Ramon Villalobos (Jun 24). Magneto is running the Xavier school, and for the first time mutantkind finds itself envied by a population that adores their abilities and heroism!

QV0uw.png

i0G8wSy.jpg

+Bizarro #1 by Heath Corson and Gustavo Duarte (Jun 3). Bizarro am starring in very old comic series, and Bizarro am bringing worst pal Jimmy Olsen along for ride! This am sure to be worst comic of 2015! Down, down and close!
+Justice League #41 by Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok (Jun 3). Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor are going to war, and their titanic clash threatens to destroy all of existence unless the Justice League can find a way to shut them down!
+Earth 2: Society #1 by Daniel Wilson and Jorge Jimenez (Jun 3). The surviving heroes of Earth-2 get a second chance at life following Convergence, but their efforts to make their new world better than the last may doom rather than save it!

6u5bCQu.jpg

1nSCLlE.jpg

+Gotham Academy #7 by Becky Cloonan, Brendan Fletcher, and Mingue Helen Chen (Jun 10). There's a new student enrolling at Gotham Academy, and his arrival means things are about to get interesting for Olive, Maps and the rest. Class, say "hello" to Damian Wayne!
+Section 8 #1 by Garth Ennis and John McCrea (Jun 10). Sixpack is back in Gotham and recruiting heroes to face a new kind of threat, but when he comes up short on an eighth member the team sets their sights on landing Gotham's greatest hero!
+Starfire #1 by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Emanuela Lupacchino (Jun 10). Tamaranean princess Koriand'r is questing for peace and a place to settle down, and what better spot for a six-foot-four orange-skinned woman to blend in than Key West, Florida?

9sam5.png

sRpp9A5.jpg

QA6B2Ul.jpg

+Airboy #1 by James Robinson and Greg Hinkle (Jun 3). Burned out on writing stories about Golden Age heroes, writer James Robinson joins artist Greg Hinkle for a night of drunken debauchery -- until the fictional hero they're tasked with relaunching comes to life and starts lecturing them!
+The Covenant #1 by Rob Liefeld and Matt Horak (Jun 3). The Ark of the Covenant has been stolen from the Israelite army, and young priest Samuel must assemble a team of badass mercenaries to help him get it back before their fledgling nation crumbles!
+Nonplayer #2 by Nate Simpson (Jun 3). The queen is dead, and King Heremoth is out for revenge against tamala-delivery girl Dana! Meanwhile, killer robots are attacking the police with seafood weapons! Yes, after four years this comic still exists!
+Satellite Sam #15 by Matt Fraction and Howard Chaykin (Jun 24). The truth of who killed Satellite Sam is revealed, as Michael White must make a choice between vengeance and bygones as the first season of this series comes to a bloody conclusion!
+Sex Criminals #11 by Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky (Jun 24). The couple who stop time when they climax is back for another round of stories involving sex, larceny, brimping and more, and they are not alone!
+Zero #18 by Ales Kot, Tula Lotay and Jordie Bellaire (Jun 24). Time is running out in more ways than one, as this series barrels towards its bloody conclusion! Is surrender really the only option left?

9CWx4.png

EOEXIxo.jpg

Plhm2cI.jpg

+Age of Reptiles: Ancient Egyptians #1 by Ricardo Delgado (Jun 3). The swamps of prehistoric Afrida are teeming with life and danger, and in the struggle for survival no creature is more dangerous than the ferocious Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus!
+Midnight Society: The Black Lake #1 by Drew Edward Johnson (Jun 10). On the shores of Scotland's Loch Ness, a rescue mission will become something else entirely as secret agent Matilda Finn faces a haunting foe from England's past!
+Archie vs Predator #3 by Alex de Campi and Fernando Ruiz (Jun 17). The galaxy's most deadly hunter has transformed Riverdale into a gruesome slaughterhouse, and the suriving members of Archie's gang must turn the tables or become his next trophies!
+BPRD Hell on Earth #132 by Mike Mignola, John Arcudi and Peter Snejbjerg (Jun 17). Haunted by the past, B.P.R.D. agent Johann returns to the site of a former failure to mourn the dead, only to discover their fates were more horrific than first thought!
+Mind MGMT #34 by Matt Kindt (Jun 17). The Mind Management HQ has been successfully infiltrated, and now Meru and her squad find themselves in the fight of their lives against a relentless group of psychically powered foes!
+Frankenstein Underground #4 by Mike Mignola and Ben Stenbeck (Jun 24). The Hellopic Brotherhood has captured Frankenstein's monster, and the truth of their underground city is revealed to him in all its unholy glory!

ymY7S.png

dCh06bc.jpg

zVsZDFn.jpg

+G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero #214 by Larry Hama and S.L. Gallant (Jun 3). It's the end of an era as Snake Eyes, everyone's favorite masked mute ninja commando, makes the ultimate sacrifice to stop Serpentor -- and his fate will change the Joe team forever!
+Mickey Mouse #1 by Castellan, Walsh, Gray, Cavazzano and Gonzales (Jun 3). The world's most recognizable mouse mascot is on the hunt for "The Lost Explorer's Trail," and he's about to get some unexpected help from jungle adventurer extraordinaire Eurasia Toft!
+Ghostbusters: Get Real #1 by Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening (Jun 10). It's the crossover nobody saw coming when an encounter with an elder god transports the ghostbusting quartet to another dimension, where they meet their cartoon counterparts!
+Godzilla Rulers of Earth #25 by Chris Mowry, Matt Frank and Jeff Zornow (Jun 17). It's the final issue AND battle, as the Cryog invaders face off against Earth's monstrous defenders in a battle royale that could destroy Earth rather than save it!
+Long Distance #1 by Thomas Zahler (Jun 17). Carter and Lee are falling in love, but there's just one problem: they just met in a airport, and they live three hundred miles apart! Can love conquer three hundred miles?
+TMNT: Casey and April #1 by Mariko Tamaki and Irene Koh (Jun 17). The mysterious Pantheon has been plaguing the Turtles at every step, and April O'Neil and Casey Jones embark on a road trip together to uncover the organization's darkest secrets!

4T1fu.png

VpUFEeW.jpg

HX1H7wI.jpg

+Imperium #5 by Joshua Dysart and Scot Eaton (Valiant, Jun 3). Toyo Harada just needs one more component to fulfill his utopian vision -- and it's surrounded by an army of genetically enhanced soldiers in a high-tech fortress at the bottom of the ocean!
+Justice, Inc.: The Avenger #1 by Mark Waid and Ronilson Freire (Dynamite, Jun 3). His skin turned corpselike by a villain's heinous act, adventurer Richard Benson uses his formidable skills at disguise and deception to battle evildoers as... The Avenger!
+21st Century Tank Girl #1 by Alan Martin and Jamie Hewlett (Titan, Jun 10). Forget your ship girls, because comicdom's favorite tank-wielding girl is back in action, and this time she and her kangaroo boyfriend are taking their zany antics into outer space!
+Rachel Rising #34 by Terry Moore (Abstract, Jun 10). When Rachel goes missing, Zoe begins a frantic search through Manson for her one and only friend, and anyone or anything that stands in her way will quickly regret it!
+Kaijumax #3 by Zander Caanon (Oni, Jun 17). The Nation of Mecha teaches peace, but when the monster he was created to destroy becomes the island's newest prisoner will MechaZon follow his new religion or his old programming?
+Princeless: Be Yourself #1 by Jeremy Whitley, Emily Martin and Brett Grunig (Action Lab, Jun 24). Adrienne and Bedelia have set out to rescue Adrienne's sister, but their adventure takes a dangerous turn when a crash landing separates the heroines in a swamp filled with deadly creatures!

SpD81R8.png

Spoilers. In the age of digital comics, they are increasingly becoming an issue in these threads, as the drive to be first to discuss the week's releases overrides common sense and good posting etiquette. So over the coming weeks and months, the members of Comic GAF will be collaborating on and will eventually be implementing a system of general rules for avoiding spoilers on new comics in the Comics OT thread. But for now, please abide by the temporary guidelines outlined below. And remember, you are being watched and judged by your peers.

1. Discussion of newly released comics that involves specific plot details shall be accompanied at all times by the appropriate use of the
tag function.
2. Direct posting of full-page images from newly released comics using the tags is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
3. Direct posting of images or spoilers from comics that have yet to be released is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
4. Covers, solicitation copy, and/or promotional materials shall not be considered spoilers and are allowed, unless their content involves specific plot details; in those cases, outgoing links with spoiler warnings should be used.
5. The unmarked posting of spoilers related to comics will be allowed after a period of one week (Wednesday to Wednesday) from that comic's release.[/b] ([u]NOTE:[/u] Longer? -Spike)
[b]6. Members of Comic GAF are expected at all times to exercise common sense and polite discretion as a matter of courtesy to fellow posters. I know, tough one.
7. If you are unsure of whether or not posting something would constitute a spoiler, err on the side of caution and use the [SPOILER] tags.[/b]

In short, don't be Stephanie Brown. Don't be... The Spoiler. For one thing, [b]you're[/b] not that loveable. >:|

Happy [s]Twix[/s] reading!

Great OP Spike

Should be a nice month all around. Buncha good looking comics all around.

Top posters for Messi:
Messi
Zombine
GAMEPROFF
Rhaknar
Tyrant Rave
tim1138
GrandHarrier
gketter
zennyzz
sillymonkey321

mreddie

IT WAS A SETUP, THEY'RE ALL TWIX!

Also, REMINDER: some Secret Wars stuff got delayed. Secret Wars #4 to two weeks and because of that.

Slipping one week…

Squadron Sinister #1
Hail Hydra #1
Master of Kung Fu #2
Siege #1 and #2
Years Of Future Past #3
Age Of Apocalypse #2 and #3
Civil War #1

Slipping two weeks…

A-Force #2
Future Imperfect #2
Years Of Future Past #2
Inhuman: Attilan Rising #3
Old Man Logan #3
Thors #2
Civil War #2
Guardians Of Knowhere #2
Hail Hydra #2
Renew Your Vows #4

Slipping three weeks…

A-Force #3 and #4
Renew Your Vows #2
Future Imperfect #3
Marvel Zombies #2
Secret Wars #6 (2nd September)
Star Lord And Kitty Pryde #2

Slipping four weeks…

Star Lord And Kitty Pryde #1
Guardians Of Knowhere #1
Weirdworld #2 and #3
Slipping five weeks…
Renew Your Vows #3

Slipping six weeks…

Secret Wars #5 (12th August)

arkon

Need an artist to help with my pitch to DC. I've got some sweet backing for this project so can pay good rates.

I'll give you the title. 'Twixt Earth and Stars: Heaven's Bounty.

More details in PM.

June is going to be a good month for candy bar ads in comics!

The new DC books dropping this month look good AND a new Liefeld book! The comic gods are good indeed.

Drayco21

Banner made me chuckle.

Haven't been posting lately; had a rough last month of classes this semester that made me fall behind on comics. Picked back up full steam for Secret Wars though, having about as much fun as I hoped I would. Still haven't read any Convergence though; has it turned out pretty good so far?

Looking forward to the return to normal as far as DC is concerned though. The previews have me hyped.

Bii

I read and finished Batman: The Black Mirror. I would have taken pics but there was my coke incident. Anyway, it's pretty cool to see how Snyder's writing has improved between then and now. Some parts of the story was a bit choppy and didn't flow as smoothly, but it wrapped up well enough in the end.

Maybe I'll finally start All-Star Superman.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Well, didn't get to go on a date, but I did get to fully tune my piano. Fair trade I suppose.

Messi

Meh, I'm more of a Snickers fan.

Peanut Butter Snickers. I see you.

I read and finished Batman: The Black Mirror. I would have taken pics but there was my coke incident. Anyway, it's pretty cool to see how Snyder's writing has improved between then and now. Some parts of the story was a bit choppy and didn't flow as smoothly, but it wrapped up well enough in the end.

Maybe I'll finally start All-Star Superman.

I wouldn't bother. There are only like 2 good issues and the art is questionable.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Well, didn't get to go on a date, but I did get to fully tune my piano. Fair trade I suppose.

You know what they say, some dates end terribly but you'll always have a piano to tune.

"They" in this case specifically being people that are unlucky in love and know how to tune pianos. It's a pretty specific demographic.

Oh, is that this week? You already know it.

Let's share a Twix to celebrate Annie Wu's glorious return to comics!

Nooo, it comes out in like two weeks :(

I didn't even notice the two books you mentioned come out this week lol. I'm definitely picking up Justice League, I still have to read the preview for Earth-2. I might get Midnighter too.

Tim and Slug are going to be so proud of me.

gAOqFiu.jpg

Also my list.

BATMAN BEYOND #1 $2.99 (Try the first issue)
GREEN ARROW #41 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #41 (NOTE PRICE) $4.99
OMEGA MEN #1 $2.99
NAILBITER #13 (MR) $2.99

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Well done, Korupt. I really need to re-read that soon. Loved Animal Man so much.

You know what they say, some dates end terribly but you'll always have a piano to tune.

"They" in this case specifically being people that are unlucky in love and know how to tune pianos. It's a pretty specific demographic.

Those are some words of wisdom right there. Haha

"tune my piano"? Thats what the kids are calling dat alone right hand time nowadays?
fantasia2.png

Pfft. Already anticipated that one:

Every time I talk about "tuning my piano" I feel like everyone must think it's a euphemism.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I've been re-reading the first KSD volume of Captain Marvel, and I'm leaning toward her not being boring. I think the main problem is that it took so long to set up the central conflict. In Hawkeye, you meet the tracksuit mafia right away, and you see that the book is going to be about Hawkeye protecting his apartment building from them. In CM it take a bunch of issues to figure out what the first arc is about.

Now I'm at the crossover, which is the furthest I've ever gotten.

Working my way through Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel.

Fuckballs, terrible art, horrendous designs, and dear lord what a shit sandwich of an origin story. And i thought Parker had it rough.

Would like to see marvel re-do the whole thing with better art. Still insanely relevant, given current race problems.

A movie adaption would also be terrific. Right after Black Panther. Just to drive the point home.

This is making Brashear's dialogue with BP even more interesting, fwiw. Tchalla giving him lip, oh gods.

Messi

Action Comics 41

Death Vigil 7
Wicked and the Divine 11
Zero 17

All New X-Men 41
Renew Your Vows 1
Future Imperfect 1
Giant Sized Little Marvel 1
Groot 1
Guardians Team Up 6
Secret Wars 3
Secret Wars Battleworld 2
Spiderwoman 8
Squirrel Girl 6
Years of future past 1

Christ on a bike Marvel...gimmie a break.

Squire

Banned
Working my way through Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel.

Fuckballs, terrible art, horrendous designs, and dear lord what a shit sandwich of an origin story. And i thought Parker had it rough.

Would like to see marvel re-do the whole thing with better art. Still insanely relevant, given current race problems.

A movie adaption would also be terrific. Right after Black Panther. Just to drive the point home.

This is making Brashear's dialogue with BP even more interesting, fwiw. Tchalla giving him lip, oh gods.

They're referencing that in Mighty Avengers, so I'm going to pull up a summary. What comic does that spat between T'Challa and Brashear happen in, anyway? I'm guessing you mean the one linked in the SW thread. Reed and Spectrum are there for it.

Top Bottom