• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The last time ComicsGAF was actually about comics, there were only about 10 posts a day. It was a sad time to be alive.

But for real. I remember way back when, when I would keep refreshing ComicsGAF throughout the day hoping to see a new post and often being disappointed that there wasn't one. Now I got new posts for daaays.

We can only have so many "character x > character y" arguments before everyone just gets really tired of it. Those OT comic threads still thrive on them.

Kipp

We can only have so many "character x > character y" arguments before everyone just gets really tired of it. Those OT comic threads still thrive on them.

Line in the sand: Ghost Rider with Groucho glasses or Ultron with beer and cigarettes.

See, that's kind of strange to me. With so many people seemingly interested in comics posting in that thread I'd have thought that there would have been more active people in a general Comics OT. Or this just more a case of people enjoying arguing about X-Books and finding a place to do it at the moment?

Well, there is a specific topic for that thread. It's just not what people are mostly talking about. >.>

I think it's just the lack of material. The last main issue of Secret Wars came out weeks ago, so there isn't much to discuss. It's the same thing that happens here...there's a lot more actual comic talk Wed-Thu than at any other point in the week.

ComicsGAF used to be very small and very quiet.

Well, in that case I certainly agree making it a Community thread was the right move. From personal experience it's really hard to stick with any kind of community type thing if it's pretty much dead 95% of the time.

Messi

This has been mentioned multiple times and I admit I don't really understand the joke. The hasn't even been a box mentioning an ish!

I wish it was a joke.

Someone post the solicits

TGL2sbU.png

This has been mentioned multiple times and I admit I don't really understand the joke. The hasn't even been a box mentioning an ish!

It broke out a few months before comicgaf got moved to community, and was very much about whether comicgaf should be more like this or more like the current OT threads. In the end everybody won, I think.

If I were a mod I'd ban myself for bringing it up. As it stands I will be denying myself a Twix today

So, I'm not sure how popular the series is around here, but I've been recently catching up on these as I finished the shows a few months ago and I've just completed my last IST order for them.

Season 8 was not as bad as everyone told me it would be, but I can point to the exact thing that really did suck.

Messi

COMIC GAF: CIVIL WAR #1 (of 12)
RAFA & LIONEL MANDRAKE (W) • KIPP (A/C)
VARIANT COVERS BY AMANDA CONNER, GREG LAND, FRANK QUITELY, JOHN CASSADAY
BISH.GIF VARIANT COVER BY THE OT
• THE VOTES ARE IN!
• THE SHOCKING FATE OF MESSI! HARLEY FAN NO MORE?
• KORUPTDATA MAKES A SHOCKING DECISION!
• WHEN THE DUST SETTLES.....COMIC GAF WILL NEVER BE THE SAME (AGAIN!)
• CAPS!
32 PGS/Rated LEWD....$4.99

CIVIL WAR: FRONT PAGE #1 (of 8)
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY KIPP
• "All I wanted was to talk comics."
• WHAT IS PROJECT D.I.S.C.U.S.S.I.O.N.?
• HOW DOES IT RELATE TO GEKETTER, THE CHARACTER FIND OF 2014?
• AND HOW WILL IT ROCK COMICGAF TO ITS CORE?
• PLUS: SPIKE ANSWERS HIS CRITICS (AND HE'S NOT HAPPY!)
32 Pgs/Rated LEWD....$4.99

'MAZING MESSI #997 (W)
ANN NOCENTI (W) • AMANDA CONNER (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY FRANK QUITELY
"LEWD LOVE" PART ONE - A COMICGAF CIVIL WAR CHAPTER
• 10% OF COMICGAF, BUT 90% OF OUR HEARTS
• HE VOTES FOR WHAT HE BELIEVES IN
• BUT CAN HE CHOOSE BETWEEN THE COMICS HE LOVES AND THE STATUES HE DESIRES?
• AND WHAT WILL HE DO....WITH ONE MORE MISTAH J?
32 Pgs/Rated LEWD....Drawing the Line at $2.99

yaQhCx9.png

eqynuHX.png

That's all I have from it. Lol

Zombine

Banned
Anyone who knows how comics work would know that the GH vs Zombine battle would end in a draw, and then our two worlds would merge at the end of the fight and we would fuse into a different timeline's Messi.

Kipp

Real talk: ComicsGAF continuity is 100 times more interesting than Marvel or DC continuity.

Top Bottom