• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Hearing Bluepoint are on a journey to Yharnam

EDMIX

Well they confirmed their next game is a new one. Bloodborne sequel/prequel perhaps?

Maybe, but to my understanding they are also working on many projects. So I think anything about Bloodborne is referring to a remake or remaster. That would be crazy if they even did any Bloodborne game like a sequel. They'd likely need some of those same staff from From Soft to assist, contracted out etc for certain things.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
oh yes please , greatest news ever
7tn.gif

EDMIX

Why not? Sony owns bloodborne IP

Agreed. We've seen entire games get made without the original team involved at all many times. Though I'm sure they will have some involvement, I don't think its needed for that project to exist.

oh yes please , greatest news ever
7tn.gif

lol well I always felt this was more so inevitable that we see some Directors Cut with all the DLC or something.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Agreed. We've seen entire games get made without the original team involved at all many times. Though I'm sure they will have some involvement, I don't think its needed for that project to exist.

lol well I always felt this was more so inevitable that we see some Directors Cut with all the DLC or something.
is colin moariarty reliable?any list of inside info he got right?

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

If this is true its probably years off. They only finished Demon Souls last year And the rumours for that started ages ago…

I trust Bluepoint with a remaster to Bloodborne and they are definitely talented, but I wouldn’t give them full creative control and development over a greatly anticipated Bloodborne 2. I feel like there could be too much at stake and I’m not sure if they can handle the pressure from the rabid fan base and the standard set by the first game.

They’ve proven themselves from a technical standpoint, but not creatively. I much rather see them make an original OP from ground up. What’s wrong with From Software working on Bloodborne 2 with Sony after Elden Ring?

Last edited:

EDMIX

is colin moariarty reliable?any list of inside info she got right?

I'd say he is pretty spot on. He knew about a new Ratchet and about that Spiderman Miles game. imho I don't even see it as a wild rumor, I feel its more so inevitable as some Directors Cut that they do.

Kokoloko85 Kokoloko85 I actually disagree. A. We don't know when they started this remaster, B.....its a remaster, its not something that would ever even take years. So the whole rumor with Demon Souls isn't even as relevant as you need to factor that was a ground up remake vs a remaster that they could do in about 6 months or less if not already done with it and just waiting for a release window, marketing window etc. Who knows, but I don't feel its years away as remasters of such don't really take that much time or man power compared to a ground up remake, new game etc

Last edited:
I trust Bluepoint with a remaster to Bloodborne, but I wouldn’t give them full creative control and development over a greatly anticipated Bloodborne 2. I feel like there could be too much at stake and I’m not sure if they can handle the pressure from the rabid fan base and the standard set by the first game.

They’ve proven themselves from a technical standpoint, but not creatively. What’s wrong with From Software working on Bloodborne 2 with Sony after Elden Ring?

My theory is boils down to 2 distinct possibilities. On one hand that those rumors for a Playstation 5 exclusive from software game is true. Despite the assine mess that was that 4chan faked leaked images. Or Miyazaki just doesn't enjoy doing sequels, despite having 2 more dark souls sequels and the rest original ip's.

yurinka

She's top 3 most reliable.
I don't see any receipt here. So she is not reliable at all, I see.

I love me some Bloodborne, but will they ever get to make their own game?
Yes. They said they are working on 'original conten't' which very likely means they are making their own game. But it may also mean they are making a DLC for an existing game, as it could be a Demon's Souls DLC with stuff that wasn't available in PS3 or a Bloodborne Director's Cut, a native PS5 version (dynamic 4K 60fps, proper frame pacing, 3d audio, dual sense features almost no loadings, PS5 tips, etc) with extra content (maybe a new area maybe co-designed with or overviewed by From) and maybe also a PS4 DLC with that new content.

Seems that now they aren't in the remaster/remake realm, or at least not completely, seems they are also doing new stuff. So pretty likely now they will do brand new games and I assume the first ones won't be new IPs taking advantage of how well they do update old IPs to the new days while being respectful with the original classics.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
I don't see any receipt here. So she is not reliable at all, I see.
"Not reliable at all" oh come on, stop with your bullshit already.

She leaked the date of the PS Showcase 2021 like a week before the event got announced, she leaked the Wolverine reveal, she was the first to reference the Chinese-developed MGS project (the Snake Eater remake), etc, etc... of course she is reliable.

Also, if you're interested in finding out about her reliability and in not talking shit out of your ass, then open up Twitter and just check her track record by yourself. Just sayin'...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I don't know about that, seems like she does mostly guess work, and everything that she doesn't get right (like saying PSVR2 will be at the September Event) is just "last minute changes, it happens in the industry"

Never said she's 100%. But she's spot on, with alot of stuff. She clearly knows somebody.

yurinka

She leaked the date of the PS Showcase 2021 like a week before the event got announced, she leaked the Wolverine reveal, she was the first to reference the Chinese-developed MGS project (the Snake Eater remake), etc, etc... of course she is reliable.

Also, if you're interested in finding out about her reliability and in not talking shit out of your ass, then open up Twitter and just check her track record by yourself. Just sayin'...
Looking at her Twitter she got on point the date of the event the day (hours) before officially announced even if she was wrong mentioning the September event was going to feature PSVR2 and only mentioned 2 games that she said were going to be there, being the two common sense guesses many of us already made: COD (wasn't there) and Ghostwire (was there).

When Sony announced the event and said they were not going to show PSVR she said they removed it. Something that can be true, or simply isn't but she said it as a comon sense guess because in the previous States of Play they were explicitly mentioning no PSVR2 stuff was going to be shown there, so at some point Sony will show it somewhere relatively soonish because pretty likely they will release it next year.

She mentioned there were going to be "2 so far" second party exclusive game announcements in the event. The most similar thing we got was Iron Galaxy making the PC ports of Uncharted collection (PS5 versions handled by ND, and it was already oficial that Uncharted 4 was going to be their next PC port) and Sony partnering for a timed console exclusive remake, the Lucasfilm + Aspyr KOTOR remake (not sure the Sony role here other than moneyhatting the timed exclusive, maybe they publish it on PS too).

Regarding the 1st party content of the event she said there were going to be announcements, trailers/demos. After several State of Plays focused on indies or 3rd parties with no 1t party game announcements since maybe a year or so before, and games like GT7 and GoW with pending gameplays since a year or so and considering they were games originally planned fo r2021, it was an easy bet.

Before that she made days before an isolated tweet were there only mentioning 9/9/21 without saying she was meaning the event, but months before in her previous post way previosly she mentioned that Sony was going to have the event in September so may be refering to the event.

According to her it was going to be their biggest event ever and it wasn't by far.

She posted a Wolverine image a few days before the event, without mentioning she was refering to a videogame or that she was refering to the event. So we can assume it was a tease.

Regarding the Chinese MGS we don't know if it exists or not.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

Looking at her Twitter she got on point the date of the event the day (hours) before officially announced even if she was wrong mentioning the September event was going to feature PSVR2 and only mentioned 2 games that she said were going to be there, being the two common sense guesses many of us already made: COD (wasn't there) and Ghostwire (was there). When Sony announced the event and said they were not going to show PSVR she said they removed it.

Before that she made days before an isolated tweet were there only mentioning 9/9/21 without saying she was meaning the event.

According to her it was going to be the biggest event ever and it wasn't by far.

She mentioned there were going to be "2 so far" second party exclusive game announcements. The most similar thing we got was Iron Galaxy making the PC ports of Uncharted collection (PS5 versions handled by ND, and it was already oficial that Uncharted 4 was going to be their next PC port) and Sony partnering for a timed console exclusive remake, the Lucasfilm + Aspyr KOTOR remake (not sure the Sony role here other than moneyhatting the timed exclusive, maybe they publish it on PS too).

She posted a Wolverine image a few days before the event, without mentioning she was refering that they were going to announce a Wolverine game in hte event.
So it looks to me like she's just repeating other's rumours she finds reliable and adding own details. I remember Wolverine being teased from someone else.

Dabaus

Banned
I dont mind a Bloodborne remake or remaster from bluepoint but unless From Soft or Miyazaki is co-collaborating with them with a sequel i dont think itd be a good idea. Blue point is really talented, id like to see them do their own thing. Or make a legend of dragoon remake.

Nickolaidas

Wasn't it rumored that FROM is also making a PS5 exclusive?

What if they offer artistic input, characterization, setting and design, while Bluepoint is offering their technical skills?

A collaboration bringing orgasms to all the PS players?

manfestival

Bloodborne doesn't need to be remade. The game looks great graphically. There are so many more titles that could really benefit from the treatment Demons souls got from the ps3 or even ps2 era.

If the remake is bloodborne, then that's disappointing. Not like you can't play the PS4 version or make a 60 fps update. Rather them do an older game, we haven't played in a while.

HYDE

Banned
I've always predicted Bluepoint will have 2 projects

Demons Souls The Sixth Archstone, similar to Miles Morales a standalone expansion in collaboration with From Software.

Bloodborne Remastered, 4K 60fps, instand loading with SSD, DualSense support.

Bluepoint isn't a big studio so if they are making 2 projects it makes sense to have 1 being a port and 1 being a smaller game.
This is a dream for me…along with an eventual ICO remake ala SOTC.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Hope it's just a PS5 patch honestly. I love the game and the DLC is perhaps the best ever released for a title, but it doesn't really warrant a full remake. A minor remaster would be alright, but just clean up the frame rate and resolution and that's enough for me. Day 1 at any rate.

Hugare

Just give us 4K/60, ffs

A full on remake would be the most meanigless remake of all time. The game is 5 years old.

Give Bluepoint some freedom for their next project. They've earned it.

Last edited:

Markio128

Bloodborne is the only From game I ever completed, so the idea of a Bluepoint remake is a massive win. They dealt with the Demon’s Souls remake with incredible respect, so I have no worries whatsoever.

kyliethicc

Remember this is Sony. They announced they are going to take 60 FPS patches for Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy and sell them as a collection. Probably for $70.

They can easily sell a Bloodborne 60 FPS patch for $50 or even $70 on PS5.

And people will buy.

EDMIX

lol exactly.

Many, many people are fine with beloved games being remastered or remade etc.

Sony (and Nintendo) know this.

If Bloodborne Remastered or whatever is announced for PS5:

People:

TtDrUz9.gif

Sony:

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

lol probably.

They'll simply call it Directors Cut, have it with added DLC, 4K, 60fps and its a easy buy for the hardcore fans. I'd be shocked if this didn't happen

WitchHunter

Banned
oLvSc7.jpg

giphy.gif

Fucking remasters. Already played Bloodborne more than 10 times. I know every nook and cranny. I know when monsters go to take a dump and whether they like if from the front or behind. It's not gonna elevate my penis above 5 o clock PM if the same thing comes with shiny new graphics, 600 fps and 950000 kHz audio files... Put fuckin Bluepoint on new games, give them a good head honcho who knows game design, lock them in the basement and don't let them out until something new arises.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Fucking remasters. Already played Bloodborne more than 10 times. I know every nook and cranny. I know when monsters go to take a dump and whether they like if from the front or behind. It's not gonna elevate my penis above 5 o clock PM if the same thing comes with shiny new graphics, 600 fps and 950000 kHz audio files... Put fuckin Bluepoint on new games, give them a good head honcho, lock them in the basement and don't let them out until something new arises.
He said he was told they are also making a Bloodborne sequel. A new game.

Papacheeks

Banned
Killed meaning killed it (good job).

Go back and re-read your reply. It did not sound like your were happy with Demons souls, nor happy with them using their talent in how they re-did animations for Demons souls now for Bloodborne sequel with input from From Software.

Duchess

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if, should we get a Bloodborne Remastered, Sony issue it at £70 (including the DLC).

The price didn't apparently hurt the sales of Demon's Souls, and I think Bloodborne might be higher up gamers' wishlists.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if, should we get a Bloodborne Remastered, Sony issue it at £70 (including the DLC).

The price didn't apparently hurt the sales of Demon's Souls, and I think Bloodborne might be higher up gamers' wishlists.

I might buy Bloodborne if they do this. I didn't play the original on the PS4.

Top Bottom