• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Hearing Bluepoint are on a journey to Yharnam

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I tried Bloodborne again after playing the new demon's souls and I couldn't do it. The 30 fps with the frame timing and CA were just too much for me.

I hope they realised that any secret added needs to be much more difficult than the coins.

Fingers crossed!

Pejo

They better not fuck with the art style or ambiance this time. 60 FPS and other IQ improvements only, please.

oLvSc7.jpg

giphy.gif

The California Raisins were fucking sick!!!!

California Raisins GIF
rock band raisin GIF

There’s actually a ton of functional cut content embedded in the source code of BB that I would only entrust to Bluepoint to re-assemble and iterate upon.

Bloodborne makes all the sense in the world for them to tackle. But I am banking on them adding content, not just updating what’s already there.

MikeM

I tried Bloodborne again after playing the new demon's souls and I couldn't do it. The 30 fps with the frame timing and CA were just too much for me.

I hope they realised that any secret added needs to be much more difficult than the coins.

Fingers crossed!

Same. I quit the game within the first couple of hours. I enjoyed it but I couldn't get past the frame timing.

Nickolaidas

There’s actually a ton of functional cut content embedded in the source code of BB that I would only entrust to Bluepoint to re-assemble and iterate upon.

Bloodborne makes all the sense in the world for them to tackle. But I am banking on them adding content, not just updating what’s already there.
We more or less hoped for the same with the 6th archstone.

Would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's not even that old.....but I'm in. I've waited all this time to do the dlc so I'll take it....

..so many remakes. It just needs a 60fps patch.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully this is not the case. Bloodborne just needs a ps5 patch and PC port. Why remake an 8th gen game?

Besides Bluepoint made a lot of questionable updates in their remakes, like fucking up the music in DS. Making the flame lurker a generic blizzard monster, and many more. Don't get me started with shadow of the colossus...

bender

What time is it?
Hopefully this is a quick job that just improves load times, fixes frame pacing and ups the resolution and framerate.

VinnyMac

If it's a remaster or a remake of bb it would seriously be a waste of time. They killed demons souls they don't need to continue with that type of game you bought them let them express their creativity. And I know they can do both fuck all that all in on a new ip

Nickolaidas

How did they kill demons souls Vince?

You are in the minority, it’s remake is liked by a lot.
Yeah, smells like that classic 'they ruined it' mentality told by people who consider any deviation of any kind from the original work to be a travesty and the original is this perfect gem which cannot be replicated or improved in any way.

He'll probably think that the Dead Space remake is going to be a soul-less abomination that doesn't blow a candle to the original.

FranXico

Idk if From Software owns the engine, I was under the impression it was developed during the Bloodborne production so its possible Sony co-developed it.

Edit: Idk, I know it was called Phyreengine but Lance McDonald tweeted this so I’m even more confused now:

"Havok engine"?

Havok is middleware for physics. What are they talking about?

Saber

Gold Member
Year 2021, rumor number 2.573 - generic Bloodborne tweet

Don't worry, this time will be Bloodborne for sure. The other ones where just jests. Belieeeve!

Last edited:
Yeah, smells like that classic 'they ruined it' mentality told by people who consider any deviation of any kind from the original work to be a travesty and the original is this perfect gem which cannot be replicated or improved in any way.

He'll probably think that the Dead Space remake is going to be a soul-less abomination that doesn't blow a candle to the original.
The grandpa mentality 😂

kyliethicc

Bloodborne 2 - £69.99

Bloodborne 2 Ultimate Edition, with Bloodborne Remastered - £89.99.

Close but I'd bet it'll be more like the Miles Morales situation

$50 - new Bloodborne 1.5 spinoff (similar to Miles Morales in length, ~ 8 hours)

$70 - new Bloodborne 1.5 spinoff + Bloodborne Remastered (the "ultimate edition")

Last edited:

Aenima

I love Bloodborne, don't get me wrong.
But If it is..then I'm gonna wait until it's cheap.
It's just too damn soon
Agree. I love Bloodborne but is not really a game that needs a remaster. A 60fps unlock patch would be enough.

Hope its false and bluepoint is actually working on a remake from some older IP.

yurinka

Bluepoint have proven their technical capabilities, not creative - handing them something as big as a Bloodborne 2 on a silver platter could be a real disaster.
Bluepoint has a ton of people who worked in places like Retro Studios, Blizzard and many other super popular AAA games before joining Bluepoint. They are more than capable in the creative side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom