• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: Hearing Bluepoint are on a journey to Yharnam

laynelane

The Old Hunters is one of the best DLCs ever made, and Ludwig, the whale sharks, and The Orphan of Kos says you weren't overleveled.

Don't forget the the tentacled monstrosity guarding the church. I suspect he's caused his fair share of deaths for new and returning players to the DLC lol.

Bluepoint have proven their technical capabilities, not creative - handing them something as big as a Bloodborne 2 on a silver platter could be a real disaster.
On the other hand if From Software is busy who else than Bluepoint could do it properly ?

Plus being sequel cuts them a lot of work

Kokoloko85

Maybe its a remaster as theres really no reason they should remake a PS4 game…. That would be a waste

Also the only person who should make a sequel is Miyazaki. Not interested in anyone else making a sequel. DLC over looked by Miyazaki is fine

Ive already spent close to 300 hours in Bloodborne, so I dont think I will start again

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
On the other hand if From Software is busy who else than Bluepoint could do it properly ?

Plus being sequel cuts them a lot of work

How about, just don't do it until From is ready?

SJRB

Gold Member
aea832aa-2e68-423e-a0e8-b7339bd2ec0b

YES PLEASE

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Another souls game....jesus. DS is old as hell and looked like trash so fair enough for the remake but really, this is what you want another souls title to be wasting time on that came out a few years back for the PS4?

Get that guy to let sony use his method to get 60fps so you can all shut up. Bloodborne looks more than fine as is.
I see lots of words here but all i'm getting is nonsense?

Skifi28

Didn't take long for new rumours to surface. I'm not getting my hopes up like any of the previous 749 times. Wake me up when there's an actual announcement.

makaveli60

Bloodborne with DS Remake engine... would be megaton.

Though I’m also okay with adding good AA to the original game with a stable framerate and call it a day.

Ogbert

You’d like to think that Bluepoint’s experience with rebuilding DeS from scratch would mean that this would be something a bit more than just a 60fps, 4k up res job. A full remake would be too much, but I’d like to see something more between the two. Make the double dip properly worth it.
But they used the same code for the actual game, no?

I thought they simply rebuilt the assets and visual aspect?

Either way, they did a great job so would do BB justice. That bloody frame pacing….

Roufianos

Heard it before a billion time, I'll believe it when I see it.

Since Moriarty is not a clown, however, in the chance that this is true I hope they do a quick remaster rather than a full Demon's Souls-style remake. Bloodborne is not that old, if they up the resolution, make it run smoothly at 60fps, maybe upscale some textures somehow and improve the lighting and sfx departments a bit, it will be more than enough. If they start rebuilding map and character assets form scratch, 1) it will take them forever and 2) there are zero chances people won't complain because they messed too much with the style and atmosphere.

EDIT: Well Lance said it as well, so I'll start believing it's actually real.

Colin leaked that Bluepoint were working on Demon's Souls way before it was revealed. He's 100% reliable, the only reason this isn't being publicised is because the SJW journalists don't like him.

I really hope this is a "Colin is right"- moment.
It's been almost an year since PS5's launch and to me it's been pretty dissapointing that there hasn't been any news about BB PS5 patch.

ParaSeoul

Really wish Lance wasn't one of those people who go full r*tard on twitter because hes probably the most reliable Fromsoft source aside from From themselves.

They proved themselves with Demon Souls. Now they've given them Bloodborne.
This. With Demon's souls remastered they have shown both Sony and From Software they could do a worthy BB remaster. But it's very probably (and hopefully) not going to be BB2.

Reactions: TLZ

FunkMiller

Gold Member
But they used the same code for the actual game, no?

I thought they simply rebuilt the assets and visual aspect?

Either way, they did a great job so would do BB justice. That bloody frame pacing….

More to it than that. There was an awful lot of ground up, from scratch rebuilding of the game. They didn't just lay aesthetic new stuff over the old engine. The No Clip documentary goes into it all: Demon's Souls: Remaking a PlayStation Classic - Documentary - YouTube

Last edited:
I see lots of words here but all i'm getting is nonsense?

After 4 years you want a remake of the same game? How low are your gaming standards. If they are doing more remakes Id rather it be something that actually would benefit like DS has. For example the rumored MGS 1 remake. Also, BP need to spread their wings and actually work on their own IP. A bunch of talented people there, they shouldn't be known only as a studio that does remakes.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Bloodborne with DS Remake engine... would be megaton.

I guess the only way this could be possible with a release window any time in the near future would be if they had had plans all along to create a Bloodborne remake alongside the work they were doing on DeS.

I suspect we'd be in for a much more typical remaster rather than remake - although, I do hope it's a bit more in depth than that.

yurinka

Remaster or Sequel? Either way, people will find a reason to complain probably.
I assume PS5+PC 4K 60fps remaster with some extra sauce and content. And then after it a sequel if From Soft are too busy if they prefer to do something else after Elder Ring.

Idk if From Software owns the engine, I was under the impression it was developed during the Bloodborne production so its possible Sony co-developed it.

Edit: Idk, I know it was called Phyreengine but Lance McDonald tweeted this so I’m even more confused now:

PhyreEngine is a free multiplatform game engine made by Sony that a lot of other companies can use since the PS3. Hundreds of games used it and the From Soft Soulsborne games are some of them.

Havok is a physics engine middleware made by the company Havok that thousands of different games from many companies have been using since 2007. PhyreEngine uses Havok for its physics engine. So the FromSoft games also use Havok.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
After 4 years you want a remake of the same game? How low are your gaming standards. If they are doing more remakes Id rather it be something that actually would benefit like DS has. For example the rumored MGS 1 remake. Also, BP need to spread their wings and actually work on their own IP. A bunch of talented people there, they shouldn't be known only as a studio that does remakes.
Nowt wrong with wanting a great game made better. As for them making their own game, thats a massive gamble. We'll see though.

ElCasual

Maybe its a remaster as theres really no reason they should remake a PS4 game…. That would be a waste

Also the only person who should make a sequel is Miyazaki. Not interested in anyone else making a sequel. DLC over looked by Miyazaki is fine

Ive already spent close to 300 hours in Bloodborne, so I dont think I will start again
I am ok with a sequel and Miyazaki being the producer.

leo-j

I def would expect a sequel with collab from from soft. Like they could be over seeing the project and maybe lending a hand here and there.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
He's been right about things before and isn't the kind of guy who'd just make things up, so if he's saying this it's either real or he somehow got fed bad info.

6dYIrTs.png
Its why I bumped the other thread when I did he isnt the only one talking about this and I knew it was going to come back to life :)

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

From what I read it's not a remake. It's full blown Bloodborne 2. I find it hard to believe they will allow them to do Bb 2, buta remake would be amazing.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Bloodborne doesn't even seem old enough to get the full Bluepoint treatment. A remaster with some rendering buffs and 60fps seems like plenty.

Papacheeks

Banned
I’m not so sure I want a Bloodborne REMAKE in 4-5 years - I really wish they’d just give the game a 60 FPS patch so we could all move on with our lives

Though it was updated engine from Dark Souls, Bloodborne had great animations but fugly as fuck models because of lower polygon count to keep the game at a stable frame rate. I don't know if you've seen how Elden ring looks. It looks kind of outdated engine wise. Demons souls remake looked really proper in terms of character models, assets.

If your telling me the levels with all that awesome victorian castlevania looking shit gets redone, and all the bosses/enemies are all at the same level as Demons souls remake quality wise, bring it the fuck on!

Bloodborne though released in 2015 was made on old ass engine, and limited by that engine/code in how it ran on PS4. Even with a cleaner resolution bump, better textures. I feel there still could be more that needs to be done.

I heard Bluepoint was working with Nixxes on this since it was leaked a while back about the PC remaster for Bloodborne. I think they are working with them on the remaster, and are working on Bloodborne 2 with From Software input. Remember Japan studio was the intermediate between From Software. SO now it's on their International Global Publishing team which I believe Nixxes works close with.

Not surprised From has input on story if Bloodborne 2 rumor is true. Bloodborne remaster is 100% a thing and I think we see that more than a teaser of Bloodborne 2.

Sleepwalker

Bloodborne was good (not my gotg or goty by any means) but I already had my fun with it and cant see me replaying it so meh. Game looks good enough already, doesnt need a remake just a fps fix.

Not really interested in BB2 unless it comes from from soft

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think it’s both since we were told they are making a remake and original content. It makes perfect sense.

If is remake or remaster I WILL SAY that is too soon for that.
If is a sequel o presequel the people will say WHERE IS MIYAZAKI??!!
Yeah exactly, so maybe. The solution is a port with significant additional content, collaborating with From/Miyazaki.

Watch them do that with without Miyazaki though and call it Bloodbourne; The Director's Cut (using the apostrophe as a contraction not a possessive) 😆

Top Bottom