• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines 2 is releasing on Oct 24th. Day One on Game Pass. | Xbox Games Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FyXDHBSaQAAaLQj

If you can dream it, you can build it. Raise a city from nothing and grow it into a thriving metropolis with the most realistic city builder ever. This is world-building without limits. Cities: Skylines II will be available on PC, Gamepass, and Xbox series X|S on October 24th. Pre-order to receive a bonus with landmarks from around the world!​

Last edited:

vpance

Graphics look terrible, literally exactly like the first one.

Graphics aren't everything but when it comes to these city builder games I feel like it's a genre that has some of the biggest room for improvement and I'm just not seeing much here.

It's a smaller bump than I expected. Maybe modders will help with that.

Unknown?

It looks fine, looking forward to getting this on PS5. Hoping we don't need 20 DLC pack BS like the first one.

GOTY

Seriously, this game gets slept on too much. I absolutely love it and now it's on GamePass Day 1, holy shit. I am going to take that day off from work. This game is like digital crack.
---
Just scrolled up--if you think the graphics look the same, you're saying you never played the first one because this is a massive improvement.

Last edited:

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I love the game but, this genre is not "oled friendly".
Just like the sims, age of empires...
As long as you display other things sometimes it's not a real issue, unless you only play that game.
OLED "burn-in" is not caused by a static image for hours, it's the accumulation of that static image over time.
So a game (or anything) with fixed UI does the same to the panel if it's displayed 100 hours straight as if it was displayed for 100 hours but for 2 hours on 50 days.
And with burn-in prevention systems it's less of an issue now with pixel-shifting and darkening of static elements.

I played many hours of Cities Skylines and Transport Fever 2 on my OLED TV (50+ hours each) and it does not have any signs of burn-in.

Also, many games have static UI elements, smaller but still static, like Zelda BOTW and TOTK, hearts and other UI stuff do not move, yet it's not an issue.

Laieon

I can't wait for this game. The Devs had been putting out feature videos over the past month and I'm incredibly impressed with what I've seen so far.

The map size looks ridiculous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom