• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Plummer to Replace Kevin Spacey in 'All The Money In The World'

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Keep in mind this movie is 100% done and comes out in a month.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-replace-kevin-spacey-all-money-world-1056450
In a monumental and expensive move, Ridley Scott has re-cast Kevin Spacey in his Getty thriller All the Money in the World just weeks before the film's release.

Christopher Plummer will now play J. Paul Getty in the story about the infamous 1973 kidnapping of 16-year-old John Paul Getty III.

Insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter that Scott made the decision unilaterally and only notified Sony of his decision late Wednesday afternoon. Plummer was actually the first choice for the role, but top studio executives wanted a bigger name.

So it sounds like this is what Ridley Scott wanted anyway. And if Spacey only had 8 days on set, I guess it's feasible.

The trailer with Spacey in it is still up: https://youtu.be/6x62O8A8qHw

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Dam! Spacey's past behaviour is having big ramifications on his career.I wonder how he is feeling right now.

llien

Dam! Spacey's past behaviour is having big ramifications on his career.I wonder how he is feeling right now.

Welp, despite all his charisma and inhuman actor skills, he was was booted from a movie that was already in the works. It is highly unlikely he'll eve get paid for doing his work, even if he avoids jail.

He's ruined.

PS
List of accusations, 14 so far, go from "unwanted sexual advance" to attempted rape of a 14 year old:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-scandal-complete-list-13-accusers/835739001/

While the statute of limitations has made prosecution for his attempted rape of a 14 year old impossible, I hope that his conduct on the set of House of Cards results in charges. Its not enough that this human garbage has lost his career. I'd like to see him jailed as well.

aaronsan

Banned
While the statute of limitations has made prosecution for his attempted rape of a 14 year old impossible, I hope that his conduct on the set of House of Cards results in charges. Its not enough that this human garbage has lost his career. I'd like to see him jailed as well.

I'm sure this was talked to death in the other thread, but how much more egregious did he make all that he did by deciding to announce his homosexuality in some kind of weird, not-quite-defense-but-seemed-to-be-trying way? That was particularly disgusting. As if gay men don't already have enough bullshit said about how they're more prone to pedophilia than straight men.

He's being investigated in the UK currently
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41857327

I'm sure he will too for the HoC allegations.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Low. Real low. All his management dropped him, it's beyond PR crisis management at this point.

Seems like Louis CK is next. The studio cancelled the premiere of his new movie literally hours before it was scheduled to occur because they got wind that the New York Times had a big story about him. This was mentioned in the trailer thread for that movie, but it was BEYOND stupid to drop the trailer for that movie with all these careers getting blown out when there have been murmurs about Louis for years.

aaronsan

Banned
Low. Real low. All his management dropped him, it's beyond PR crisis management at this point.

Seems like Louis CK is next. The studio cancelled the premiere of his new movie literally hours before it was scheduled to occur because they got wind that the New York Times had a big story about him. This was mentioned in the trailer thread for that movie, but it was BEYOND stupid to drop the trailer for that movie with all these careers getting blown out when there have been murmurs about Louis for years.

Louis CK could make me laugh harder than anyone else these days. But he lost me with his lecturing on behalf of Hillary Clinton last year...not just the lecturing but the SHAMING.

Bigfoot

Welp, despite all his charisma and inhuman actor skills, he was was booted from a movie that was already in the works. It is highly unlikely he'll eve get paid for doing his work, even if he avoids jail.

He's ruined.

PS
List of accusations, 14 so far, go from "unwanted sexual advance" to attempted rape of a 14 year old:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-scandal-complete-list-13-accusers/835739001/
He will still get paid as he did the work, even if he went to jail. Probably already got paid.

Unfortunately money is unlikely an issue for him but at least he won't be working for some time.

It's interesting to think about how it's possible, however unlikely, that they could patch Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to remove him from the game. Altering his model wouldn't be that bad but having someone else re-record all his dialog and re-rendering any FMV sections would be the real problem.

I realize this has 0% chance of happening, btw.

EDIT - Someone already wrote an article about this.

Top Bottom