• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

I, for one, can't way to see two characters that were evidently designed for cosmic-level marvel dealing with college. The more slice of life books the better. Also starbro rocks a tight slipper game.

Mad Max has had a comic quite a while ago. Dude walked around the wasteland punchsploding people to death. Very 80's stuff.

Squire

Banned
"GARGOYLES" CO-CREATOR & "ARCHER" ARTIST LAUNCH MARVEL'S "STARBRAND & NIGHTMASK"

StarbrandNightmask-cov-ef678.jpg

Source: Comic Book Resources

Yessssss.

So glad to see some stuff from Hickman's Avengers run sticking around.

VanWinkle

Finished New 52 volume one of Nightwing and I loved it. What should I read next? Here are my options:

rsz0831151534.jpg

I'm thinking about Black Mirror since I will probably want to read both justice league style comics back to back, but I don't know.

Also, I read some review on Amazon that said to read Justice before Kingdom Come. Is that true? Is there any continuity or something? I don't know a huge deal about either book except that it has incredible artwork from Alex Ross.

Finished New 52 volume one of Nightwing and I loved it. What should I read next? Here are my options:

rsz0831151534.jpg

I'm thinking about Black Mirror since I will probably want to read both justice league style comics back to back, but I don't know.

Also, I read some review on Amazon that said to read Justice before Kingdom Come. Is that true? Is there any continuity or something? I don't know a huge deal about either book except that it has incredible artwork from Alex Ross.

I haven't read the other two but Black Mirror is brilliant so I'd say that.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Got caught up on Chew last night. Great book. It's hilarious and full of heart and filled with great characters.

Since I'm also caught up on Deadly class it's time to throw East of West and Fatale into the rotation with Saga,

Riptwo

Mad Max has had a comic quite a while ago. Dude walked around the wasteland punchsploding people to death. Very 80's stuff.

Are we talking Fist of the North Star, or did someone make a Mad Max comic that ripped off the manga that ripped off Mad Max? Because that would be great.

Messi

So Scarlet Witch will have a different artist on each issue and Aja on covers. What happened to Wada on covers?

Also Marvel announced a new Guardians of the Galaxy book

Old Man Superman looks kinda amazing.

In Marvel Chronological Reading news - Spiderman continues to be the best character in the entire line so far (~550 issues in), and that's on the back of only 30 issues being published. I've just finished the double issue story arch where Green Goblin and Spiderman learn of each other's real identity.
The artwork is great (artwork being something I've been guilty of not really appreciating in the past) and it really puts across the fear and stress the characters are going through.

Hagi

That's a a really cool cover but I'm going to wait a few issues for impressions. I really don't care for Wanda post House of M and the way everyone writes her.

Squire

Banned

Vyer

rsz0831151534.jpg

Justice can be read separately. Honestly I like Kingdom Come the most, but since you are reading more N52 stuff I'd probably read BM first. KC then. Justice is ok but not as must read as the other two.

Mindwipe

I see Groupees have got a Valiant bundle... I already have the vast bulk of it, but there's some value... what's the client like? Are they quality scans? What formats?

CBR - Robbie Thompson Sinister Silk interview

After the eight month gap we're going to pick up with Cindy Moon -- she still works at the Fact Channel, still has her work friends, still has a love-hate relationship with J Jonah Jameson, and is still reporting on Silk's activities for the Fact Channel. But what we're going to find out though, is that she has a new job… which is working for Black Cat. She's part of Black Cat's gang. The exact nature of that relationship and how she got into that is something we're going to reveal over the course of the first arc.

This new life is going to be an enormous internal struggle for Cindy, and the book will still be from Cindy's point of view. So we'll get a lot of insight into what she's thinking from her captioned dialogue, which for me -- as a TV writer -- is one of the most fun things to write because I can literally tell people what she's thinking. And we can also contrast that to what she's actually doing, which is fun, too.

Hagi

That's because everyone writes her as a problem and a plot device rather than a character. You should read the interview Marvel did with Robinson. He's definitely going to do some actual work with the character.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/25013/fall_under_the_spell_of_the_scarlet_witch

Some interesting ideas he has for sure but I'll stick to the wait and see approach.

Real talk, Blade may end up being the only ANAD Marvel book I need.

Isn't that the only ANAD book that's been delayed to god knows when? lol

VanWinkle

Justice can be read separately. Honestly I like Kingdom Come the most, but since you are reading more N52 stuff I'd probably read BM first. KC then. Justice is ok but not as must read as the other two.

Okay, cool. Started Black Mirror and I love it so far.

I'll sub for Messi, NO!

I hate that this Black Cat shit is continuing post Secret Wars, she's a terrible person to make a gang leader and having notPeter knocking her tooth out be the catalyst for this rise to the top she's going for is stupid.

Agreed. I think Black Cat works best when she's the Catwoman-like anti-hero and occasional sexy-time partner for Peter.

Top Bottom