• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

dh4niel

Haven't read it yet but I read the spoilers as I couldn't give a fuck but what a shit ending. I guess it's good
Captain Hydra isn't dead
at least it won't be completely forgettable that way. If that's even a good thing. Haha.

Mindwipe

SE#10 spoilers

Never mind HydraCap living, the fact that Las Vegas is still destroyed and presumably a population death equivalent to a hundred 9/11s should be pretty flaming important, even if it will be forgotten in like three weeks.

Good week for me, highlighted by BPRD. There's a whole lot going on in the book right now, but man was it good to see
Liz and Abe together at the end

I'm beginning to wonder if the companion book for this final cycle is going to be Ashley Strode...

Yes! Fantastic bookends and even the general *case of the week* was fantastic this week, a follow-up to one of my favourite stories from Hell On Earth :D Ashley and Liz are being wrote so well right now between these two issues, lots of good visual storytelling between the script directions and the art. We don't need these characters to be melodramatic to understand how they're feeling, and the team seem to have that down from the get go.

Man, I would love a Strode book. Why did they waste so much time waiting for Cameron Stewart when they are this dialled in. Side book with the Fiumaras would be awesome.

Also, this Cloonan Castlevania pic <3

MOND071_JKT-1_1024x1024.jpg

mreddie

SE#10 spoilers

Never mind HydraCap living, the fact that Las Vegas is still destroyed and presumably a population death equivalent to a hundred 9/11s should be pretty flaming important, even if it will be forgotten in like three weeks.

That's the biggest what the fuck. Are we gonna have someone to blame for that?
Or is that why HYDRA Cap is staying alive?

ElNarez

Banned
SE#10 spoilers

and Cap will get the rehabilitation Cyclops should have had to boot

tim1138

Yes! Fantastic bookends and even the general *case of the week* was fantastic this week, a follow-up to one of my favourite stories from Hell On Earth :D Ashley and Liz are being wrote so well right now between these two issues, lots of good visual storytelling between the script directions and the art. We don't need these characters to be melodramatic to understand how they're feeling, and the team seem to have that down from the get go.

Man, I would love a Strode book. Why did they waste so much time waiting for Cameron Stewart when they are this dialled in. Side book with the Fiumaras would be awesome.

Also, this Cloonan Castlevania pic <3

Sometimes I think we should take our Mignola-verse theorizing out of DM and post them here, but then I remember all the posts would just be giant spoiler boxes and realize it wouldn't be worth it, hah.

Strode's story seems a bit bigger and aside from the rest of the BPRD gang, she's basically out on her own in the wild. It makes sense to me that her story would continue into a solo that dovetails with BPRD and circles back for the conclusion.

Haven't read BPRD this week but I would be so down for an Ashley Strode solo. That would be a lot of fun imo. Her arcs in Hell on Earth were great.

Sometimes I think we should take our Mignola-verse theorizing out of DM and post them here, but then I remember all the posts would just be giant spoiler boxes and realize it wouldn't be worth it, hah.

Strode's story seems a bit bigger and aside from the rest of the BPRD gang, she's basically out on her own in the wild. It makes sense to me that her story would continue into a solo that dovetails with BPRD and circles back for the conclusion.

Haha I totally agree
if I thought anyone else would participate anyway
. Tim and I have basically broken the Mignolaverse open and know how it's going to end, if anyone ever wants to get in on that :D

Ty, get reading that BPRD! Ashley is great and I think there's a will to do more with her, I think she's a great nomination for a side book for this cycle...if they do one. They seem committed to finishing this thing, and I think one mistake they could make in barrelling towards that conclusion is not giving the cycle time and space to do a side book. Plot density is such they could easily do it, but their vision might not involve spreading that far and hopefully that won't hurt the pacing if they go that way. Even just for whatever wonder artists they would get on board, I would love it.

I disagree with full heart and would say that these people are idiots.
Bring back MJ for fucks sake. They dont need to marry.
Just go and read the hundreds of comic issues where Pete and MJ are hooked up that I'm sure you haven't read yet. I think it's nice to see Pete hook up with another superhero.

frye

that lenticular cover of Rorschach with his inkblots alternating with the logos of DC Entertainment's most popular and recognizable IP is staggering on multiple levels

Top Bottom