• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

And Bruce becoming a woman???

Or the Batman in that universe was a woman to start with.
This is the article that I got the information from.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/21/16011564/batman-metal-dark-nights-dc-comics
All are inspired by his fellow members of the Justice League in some way.

What if Bruce Wayne took a wrong turn as a kid and decided to try to bring his parents back to life by any means? What if after Superman died, he had gone too far experimenting with Doomsday's DNA to prevent such a tragedy from happening again? What if he declared war on Ares? Or tried to harness the Speed Force?

The Nightmare Batmen, as Snyder put it, are lead by the Batman Who Laughs — the only one who remains to be revealed — a true worst nightmare inspired by Batman's eternal rivalry with his greatest foe, the Joker.
Although, the line that I got that from could also tie into Murder Machine too.

I was confused about what these guys actually are. So they're basically all just versions of Batman from other worlds in the Multiverse? Or are they all specifically from the Dark Multiverse?

But then why are they basically the evil Justice League if they're all supposed to be Batman?

Dawnbeaker looks like he never went through the training to become Batman.
Doomsday Batman looked like he transformed into that monster.
Red Death has something to deal with the Flash and the Speedforce from the previews.
No idea on what Murder Machine.
I'm guessing on what the Drowned is.
The Merciless is a Batman that becomes Aries.
The Batman Who Laughs clearly has some connection to Joker.
From what we know it looks like the majority of these Batmen were Batmen that had to deal with something from another character's history.

caliph95

I think there are people attracted to plants as well in the book. The book is about a guy who is sexually attracted to a dog and played straight though.

Don't forget the one who's sexually attracted to crystals.

At least it's a really short comic.
I'm .....not sure what to think. Guessing it's about a society free of sexual prejudice and him exploring different sexual relationship that would have been taboo.

Or Humphries just made a weird comic

It's making curious

Messi

If you could only pick one Rebirth title as the best book what would y'all choose. I would pick Detective Comics. I am loving every issue and I can't believe Tynion is using stuff from Batman and Robin Eternal. So good. Every bit with Cass melts my heart. She is just wonderful.

shingi70

Banned
Superman. It tows the line between Superhero and slice of life family hijinks well. Having Clark take over the Role of Pa Kent and facing hardships as a father is the most compelling he's been in a while.

VanWinkle

If you could only pick one Rebirth title as the best book what would y'all choose. I would pick Detective Comics. I am loving every issue and I can't believe Tynion is using stuff from Batman and Robin Eternal. So good. Every bit with Cass melts my heart. She is just wonderful.

I'll tell you as I get further in. I've read the first deluxe Editions of Action Comics and Flash, and the first arc of Detective Comics and Green Arrow. Thought they were all great. Everything else I've only read 1-3 issues of.

Oh, the first arc of New Super-Man, too. That was also great.

Messi

I'll tell you as I get further in. I've read the first deluxe Editions of Action Comics and Flash, and the first art of Detective Comics and Green Arrow. Thought they were all great. Everything else I've only read 1-3 issues of.

Oh, the first art of New Super-Man, too. That was also great.

The art teams on Detective Comics are just insane.

mreddie

BC is reporting not everything will reset post Empire

Widow is still dead, you know, the character who's about to be in the biggest movie with another dead hero, War Machine

I fucking hate Alonzo, Brevvort and Spencer trying to pull the NOTHING IS THE SAME shit.

Sandfox

Widow is still dead, you know, the character who's about to be in the biggest movie with another dead hero, War Machine

I fucking hate Alonzo, Brevvort and Spencer trying to pull the NOTHING IS THE SAME shit.
We already know that Black Widow will be in Legacy books.

mreddie

Doesn't Marvel do this after every single event, though? NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN EXCEPT THAT IT WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.

Every event needs a sacrificial lamb. I'm astounded Legacy is doing jackshit and once again, post event hurts them more.

"No one was doing nothing with her." She's had 3 series since 2013.

VanWinkle

Just read two Axis tie-in issues during my read-through of the Inhuman by Soule OHC. Ugh, I hate when they do stuff like that, where they reference things that happened in the event but don't EXPLAIN what happened. Like, randomly Medusa is acting completely different. Why? Who knows! Read Axis if you want any sense of coherency!

Anyway. Guess you gotta just roll with the punches sometimes.

mreddie

Just read two Axis tie-in issues during my read-through of the Inhuman by Soule OHC. Ugh, I hate when they do stuff like that, where they reference things that happened in the event but don't EXPLAIN what happened. Like, randomly Medusa is acting completely different. Why? Who knows! Read Axis if you want any sense of coherency!

Anyway. Guess you gotta just roll with the punches sometimes.

What is dumber is that Evil Medusa resulted in jackshit.

VanWinkle

What is dumber is that Evil Medusa resulted in jackshit.

Oh, yeah. She's just back to her normal self in the next issue. Makes me mad even thinking about it. You KNOW that was a decision from editorial and had nothing to do with Soule. It just breaks the pacing having Medusa randomly being a jerk for two issues.

mreddie

Same goes for every single thing from that event.

Don't waste your time with SIXIS

Fucking Remender, I forgot why people like you again.

Yeah I know, SIXAXIS wasn't his call, it was because Sin didn't do much.

Oh, yeah. She's just back to her normal self in the next issue. Makes me mad even thinking about it. You KNOW that was a decision from editorial and had nothing to do with Soule. It just breaks the pacing having Medusa randomly being a jerk for two issues.

I get tie ins but it pisses me off when some books feel they have no choice to tie in so they do their best.

Ultron is another example, why are we in the future for 2 issues of Hulk?

I can't even remember what AXIS tie in was great, Hickman just hit FF>> post it.

Dalek

Came to talk about this. Utter shit.

Also-I agree Detective Comics has been the best Rebirth title.

caliph95

Either I'm starved for animated superhero content besides Spider-Man and JLA or I'm bored or Avenger Assembly became more watchable since I last seen it and all it took was replace the "classical" avenger members

Aizo

Banned

It's TEC for me, too. I love how each arc follows the development of one of the team members. It's very interesting, and I think Batman has to deal with more personal problems than he's used to, so he can't punch his way through. I felt fucking crushed when
Tim Drake
supposedly
died
. I grew up with Johns Titans, and I was like "No way," before they made me feel at ease a few pages later. haha. Cass is definitely great. I wasn't familiar with her before, so I wasn't sold on her, but her developments have been really sincerely touching. Great book.

I think Batman has it's ups and downs.

I'm like 20 issues into Superman, and I haven't been super impressed so far. I liked Multiplicity a lot, though.

Read 25 issues of Wonder Woman, and was ultimately a bit disappointed. I liked the beginning, but I dunno... wasn't nearly as strong as Rucka's previous WW run. Nothing really felt very special about it.

I haven't read Green Lanterns or Green Arrow at all, so I can't comment on those.

What's number 2 for you, Messi?

Not sure if this is appropriate for the thread, but I just finished reading Batgirl: Year One and loved it. Are there other batgirl books that are good? Or other books you can recommend by the same team or that have a similar feel?

I was confused about what these guys actually are. So they're basically all just versions of Batman from other worlds in the Multiverse? Or are they all specifically from the Dark Multiverse?

You know how there's been Elseworlds of Batman as many other heroes, like Batman: In Darkest Knight or Superman: Speeding Bullets? This is an entire evil team like that. DC heroes vs. Batman Elseworlds.

Messi

It's TEC for me, too. I love how each arc follows the development of one of the team members. It's very interesting, and I think Batman has to deal with more personal problems than he's used to, so he can't punch his way through. I felt fucking crushed when
Tim Drake
supposedly
died
. I grew up with Johns Titans, and I was like "No way," before they made me feel at ease a few pages later. haha. Cass is definitely great. I wasn't familiar with her before, so I wasn't sold on her, but her developments have been really sincerely touching. Great book.

I think Batman has it's ups and downs.

I'm like 20 issues into Superman, and I haven't been super impressed so far. I liked Multiplicity a lot, though.

Read 25 issues of Wonder Woman, and was ultimately a bit disappointed. I liked the beginning, but I dunno... wasn't nearly as strong as Rucka's previous WW run. Nothing really felt very special about it.

I haven't read Green Lanterns or Green Arrow at all, so I can't comment on those.

What's number 2 for you, Messi?

Probably Flash or Green Arrow

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sex Criminals is pretty good, I like how you can take the Dustcover away and turn it i to something innocent that you can read on the bus

Ross61

Damage #1 cover and final design by Tony Daniel

t3_6wv6ez

Sandfox

Astonishing X-Men #2 was really good. The concept is really interesting and not what I expected at all, and the story of the issue itself was meta in a very creative way. I really want to see what Soule has planned.

Messi

Sex Criminals is pretty good, I like how you can take the Dustcover away and turn it i to something innocent that you can read on the bus

Yes because reading a book about euthanasia for animals is much more normal on the bus... Lol

I don't give a fuck what people think of what I read. I regularly read Sunstone on the bus to work.

Aizo

Banned
I don't give a fuck what people think of what I read. I regularly read Sunstone on the bus to work.
Oh my god, Messi!! That's not a good look.
You ride the bus to work??

I was riding the subway the other week, and it was some Image comic that showed a sex scene. Some guy sat down next to me and looked at my tablet right when I turned to that page. Don't look at my stuff, guy.

Top Bottom