• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A testing Family Style Meals and new sides

Negator

Chick-fil-A is testing the new meals and sides in Greensboro, North Carolina; Phoenix, Arizona; and San Antonio, Texas until November 18.

What the fuck? We get to have nice things for once!?

Apt101

Boycotting a massively growing company is an empty gesture that is only used to fulfill self-serving desires to feel like you are helping people. In actuality, it does nothing, I encourage all people that want to help fellow humans to do more than boycott and berate others online by calling them disgusting.

But if we feel hard enough at something while passive aggressively lashing out on social media, it's sure to make a difference. Duuuh. I like all of Jason Kander's tweets therefore he will win his next election. That's just one example.

It's fine. I go twice a week but I order different things depending on my mood. Sometimes I only get a salad

In terms of calories, just getting any of their sandwiches with a diet drink as a meal is fine. Lots of protein, low calories, and some veggies (most of the time).

E92 M3

how many of you guys have cheese sauce at your local chic fil a. demand they get it if yours doesn't, because it steps up the fries somethin fierce

Chick fil a sauce or no bueno.

But if we feel hard enough at something while passive aggressively lashing out on social media, it's sure to make a difference. Duuuh. I like all of Jason Kander's tweets therefore he will win his next election. That's just one example.

Exactly, everyone has a big game talking online, but how many actually do something?

Just glad I got to savor in the goodness that is spicy nuggets at least once. If I knew they weren't coming back I would have ordered a catering tray of them.

Jafku

ok

1. It's a boycott, putting it in scare quotes like that doesn't make sense lol

2. I'm not sure what's hypocritical about it

The very first post that I identified that was insulting to any member in this thread was written by you though.

Does the company know it's a boycott? I mean for an effective boycott you'd have to think the company would respond in some fashion.

Hypocritical? It's targeting one company for hostile practices while enjoying products from another company that also engages in hostile acts.

old

Sounds nice but I'd rather they switch to a chicken vegetable soup over the chicken noodle. The broth is good. The chicken is good. But all those bland noodles ruin it.

Chick fil a sauce or no bueno.

Exactly, everyone has a big game talking online, but how many actually do something?

Yet again, you're complaining about people making fun of Chick Fil A because it's run by a bigot. The worst case scenario for people boycotting Chick Fil A is that nothing bad happens. It'd be nice if people who boycott Chick Fil A did more than that, but berating a person for doing so is silly. Especially when berating someone for it only justifies when that last person called you disgusting.

Does the company know it's a boycott? I mean for an effective boycott you'd have to think the company would respond in some fashion.

Hypocritical? It's targeting one company for hostile practices while enjoying products from another company that also engages in hostile acts.

Yes, the boycott was quite significant and vocal. It backfired due to the support from bigoted people, but it existed and people were well aware of it, the owner included since he responded to the pushback against the company for his actions.

As far as hypocrisy, a person is not a hypocrite for not boycotting every company that does something bad. Doing so is unreasonable and largely undoable in modern society. It's like criticizing anti-capitalists for engaging in capitalism in the United States.

E92 M3

Yet again, you're complaining about people making fun of Chick Fil A because it's run by a bigot. The worst case scenario for people boycotting Chick Fil A is that nothing bad happens. It'd be nice if people who boycott Chick Fil A did more than that, but berating a person for doing so is silly. Especially when berating someone for it only justifies when that last person called you disgusting.

What? People can do what they want, but just don't insult others that want to eat there. I wouldn't have even gotten started if this thread wasn't derailed.

What? People can do what they want, but just don't insult others that want to eat there. I wouldn't have even gotten started if this thread wasn't derailed.

A couple posters made jokes at Chick Fil A's expense and you started mocking one user as an edgy shitposter. You are equally to blame, if not more so, for any derailment.

superbeau

Neo Member
Its shit posting and causes the topic to derail. Chick Fil A is delicious and they have the nicest employees around.....that's why they get my money.

And they take that money and use it to make the lives of gay families worse. Don't be so offended that people have a problem with that.

Jafku

Yes, the boycott was quite significant and vocal. It backfired due to the support from bigoted people, but it existed and people were well aware of it, the owner included since he responded to the pushback against the company for his actions.

As far as hypocrisy, a person is not a hypocrite for not boycotting every company that does something bad. Doing so is unreasonable and largely undoable in modern society. It's like criticizing anti-capitalists for engaging in capitalism in the United States.
What did the boycott accomplish? Did the company reduce or completely eliminate their donations to anti-lgbtq groups? And so just boycott things that are convenient for you. Got it.

People can do what they want, yes. No one is stopping you from giving your dollars to an organization that donates to causes that people in the LGBTQ+ say harm them. That is your right. And, people pointing that out aren't insulting you. They are just pointing out what you are doing.

https://web.archive.org/web/2014032...-to-put-gay-marriage-flap-behind-chick-/nfCHj

"He told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution he has been working with Shane Windmeyer of Campus Pride since 2012. The article noted that WinShape and the Chick-fil-A Foundation had "dramatically" cut donations to groups which same-sex marriage supporters consider anti-gay."

There were also examples of Chick-fil-A finding it difficult to move into certain areas due to the reputation it had accrued.

Jafku

https://web.archive.org/web/2014032...-to-put-gay-marriage-flap-behind-chick-/nfCHj

"He told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution he has been working with Shane Windmeyer of Campus Pride since 2012. The article noted that WinShape and the Chick-fil-A Foundation had "dramatically" cut donations to groups which same-sex marriage supporters consider anti-gay."

There were also examples of Chick-fil-A finding it difficult to move into certain areas due to the reputation it had accrued.
Your source reported on this in 2014. My source, which was reported this month states that they were still donating to anti-lgbtq groups in 2015

slit

Your source reported on this in 2014. My source, which was reported this month states that they were still donating to anti-lgbtq groups in 2015

You asked if the donations were reduced, they were. Don't try and change the goalposts.

Jafku

My source states that donations were cut, not eliminated. Your source is not contradictory to mine.

I will concede that. However in my honest opinion it doesn't look like the boycott did much to stem the tide in anti-lgbtq donations. To this day they are still donating significant amounts of cash to fuel and bolster support of these groups
You asked if the donations were reduced, they were. Don't try and change the goalposts.

I conceded the point

I will concede that. However in my honest opinion it doesn't look like the boycott did much to stem the tide in anti-lgbtq donations. To this day they are still donating significant amounts of cash to fuel and bolster support of these groups

To some extent I attribute that to disinterest in Chick-fil-A's donations and for certain people, active celebrated apathy for that the donations are happening.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I feel bad that you would deprive yourself of some great chicken.

Got a 12 Ct with the sweet Siracha sauce tonight. And some of that new watermelon mint lemonade

1) It's overrated. I grew up in the south, CFA ain't shit.

2) I'm LGBT. I'm not supporting bigotry against me and mine, nor will I ignore it.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I hope you do more than boycott because CFA is growing every year and is massively popular.

Can you believe I had to wait 35 minutes to get a chicken sandwich last week? It was worth it, though.

You ask that I don't make assumptions and I ask them same. I hope people do more than boycotting.

Why do people like you GLOAT about not caring about supporting bigotry? It's like you enjoy hurting others.

E92 M3

Why do people like you GLOAT about not caring about supporting bigotry? It's like you enjoy hurting others.

What? Do you just make up a bunch of stuff and hit enter. When did I say I support bigotry? Why do you assume what kind of life I lead and what my sexuality is?

Who the fuck waits 35 minutes for a chicken sandwich

Was that thing free
Was there money on it instead of lettuce

Well, I drove there and it's not just the sandwich. Sides are good as well. I could eat CFA every day if I didn't care about my health.

Ketkat

What? Do you just make up a bunch of stuff and hit enter. When did I say I support bigotry? Why do you assume what kind of life I lead and what my sexuality is?

Supporting Chic-fil-a is supporting bigotry. You are giving them money that they send off to anti-LGBT groups. That's literally what the entire conversation has been about

E92 M3

Supporting Chic-fil-a is supporting bigotry. You are giving them money that they send off to anti-LGBT groups. That's literally what the entire conversation has been about

No, it's not. Supporting CFA is enjoying the good fast food.

E92 M3

And to get that food, you are giving them money. And you KNOW what they're using that money for.

I know someone that owns a CFA and they used the money for a 4000 sqft house and multiple German sedans. Most of our products are made in China with nonexistent labor laws. Does that mean everyone with an Apple product supports child labor or people getting exploited?

Do what you can to help people, but saying that people that eat at CFA are supporting bigotry is ridiculous.

People who know that pickles on a chicken sandwich is awesome and worth waiting for, that's who.

I always order my chicken sandwich without pickles

If they forget I usually pretend to die on the floor of the food court, then when they try to investigate I sneak attack em'

Ketkat

I know someone that owns a CFA and they used the money for a 4000 sqft house and multiple German sedans. Most of our products are made in China with nonexistent labor laws. Does that mean everyone with an Apple product supports child labor or people getting exploited?
Yeah, it kind of does that mean that. You are supporting it financally, sending a statement to Apple that says "Hey, I know that you have all these horrible child labor practices and workers that are borderline slaves, but I don't care about that. So keep doing it, and I"ll keep buying your products"

Do what you can to help people, but saying that people that eat at CFA are supporting bigotry is ridiculous.

Its the same situation with Chic-fil-a. First of all, you don't seriously think that 100% of the money you're giving to them is going straight to that manager or even that store. So don't try to deflect.

Whether or not you knew it before you started posting in this thread, people have given you a few different sources showing where Chic-fil-a is STILL supporting anti-LGBT causes, albeit less than they were. You know for a fact that they are supporting those causes now, and you know that some of every dollar that you spend is going towards those causes. Which means that you are financially supporting the donations that they send to those causes. If you don't have a problem with anti-LGBT causes getting huge donations and continue to give them money that goes to those donations, then what else could that be but supporting bigotry?

So edgy! Because the high school students working there confirm every customer's sexually.

Just a typical shit post.
Pretty sure they didn't mean literally but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Edit: lol page 5 and still supporting cfa

Edit 2: great family environment holy shitare you the owner? Who says that about a fast food chain?

RyanW

CFA threads typically turn into this. I think the best response I saw out of them was something along the lines of if you enjoy Chick-fil-A but feel bad about them supporting hate groups then donate to groups that support the LGBT community. The $10 you donate to them will go a longer way than the $10 you spent on a sandwich at CFA.

Bit of paraphrasing there by you get the idea.

EYEL1NER

Get the Chicken Mini's for breakfast one morning, it's the nuggets and the rolls together.
I think I've had the Chicken Minis before (maybe the spicy chicken minis, when they had them?) but if I am remembering right, those seemed more like biscuits than rolls.

E92 M3

Yeah, it kind of does that mean that. You are supporting it financally, sending a statement to Apple that says "Hey, I know that you have all these horrible child labor practices and workers that are borderline slaves, but I don't care about that. So keep doing it, and I"ll keep buying your products"

Its the same situation with Chic-fil-a. First of all, you don't seriously think that 100% of the money you're giving to them is going straight to that manager or even that store. So don't try to deflect.

Whether or not you knew it before you started posting in this thread, people have given you a few different sources showing where Chic-fil-a is STILL supporting anti-LGBT causes, albeit less than they were. You know for a fact that they are supporting those causes now, and you know that some of every dollar that you spend is going towards those causes. Which means that you are financially supporting the donations that they send to those causes. If you don't have a problem with anti-LGBT causes getting huge donations and continue to give them money that goes to those donations, then what else could that be but supporting bigotry?

I do what I can to help mankind in my own way. Typically, it's donating blood.

Pretty sure they didn't mean literally but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Edit: lol page 5 and still supporting cfa

Edit 2: great family environment holy shitare you the owner? Who says that about a fast food chain?

CFA is always filled with families and kids. Doesn't take a rocket scientists to observe.

People who have worked there.

Not even close.

I don't think enough attention is being given to the fact that they are adding Mac and Cheese and Beans to their menu which imo does not fit Chick Fil A.

Top Bottom