• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A testing Family Style Meals and new sides

My dad is a Chick-Fil-A operator.

This will not happen.

It would require way too much infrastructure and added equipment to do it to the level of quality that they like. Even just adding the spicy chicken sandwich was really difficult. They test new stuff like this all the time and it usually goes nowhere.

I was deeply saddened when they tried spicy nuggets at a few places, but it never went nationwide :-(

E92 M3

Things have changed a wee bit in the past 5 years. Also individual franchisees tend to have views that directly contradict the founder, who recently died. All the CFAs in the Houston area I've been to have been more diverse and inclusive than almost any other fast food franchise I can think of.

Exactly, but some folks keep repeating the same thing in every CFA thread.

YOU HAVE MY SWORD

Pickles (otherwise known as the Devil's Vegetable) have ravaged our lands for LONG ENOUGH

I'm a fellow no pickle man myself. Can't stand them anywhere.

Unrelated, but does anyone else separate the chicken from the chicken biscuit and eat them both separate? I find that I appreciate the flavor of both more when I eat them separate.

No, not a joke, though perhaps a poor example. The stores won't turn away LGBT people, it's just that supporting the company funds groups that do in fact turn away LGBT people. So it's connected, but not immediate.

I am pretty sure that after 2014 they no longer support those organizations.

Things have changed a wee bit in the past 5 years.

Nope.

For example, the Chick-fil-A Foundation gave more than $1 million in 2015 (nearly one-sixth of its total grants) to the the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. The religious organization, which seeks to utilize athletes and coaches to spread Christian teachings, imparts a strongly anti-LGBTQ message. Staff and volunteers with the organization have been required to adhere to a strict “sexual purity” policy, prohibiting any “homosexual acts,” even for married couples. The group takes the view that, “The Bible is clear in teaching on sexual sin including sex outside of marriage and homosexual acts. Neither heterosexual sex outside of marriage nor any homosexual act constitute an alternative lifestyle acceptable to God.”

The foundation also gave more than $200,000 to the Paul Anderson Youth Home, a Georgia-based “transformative organization” that operates a “Christian residential home for troubled youth.” Focusing on boys, their teachings include the idea that the “sexual, physical, and mental abuse of children, mostly in the alleged ‘safety’ of their own homes has produced all kinds of evil throughout the culture to include the explosion of homosexuality in the last century.” The myth that people are LGBTQ due to abuse is a claim frequently made by anti-LGBTQ organizations to promote harmful “ex-gay” therapy.

Additionally, the Chick-fil-A Foundation gave at least $130,000 to the Salvation Army. The religious organization has a long history of anti-LGBTQ housing discrimination, opposition to same-sex marriage equality, and supporting exemptions from non-discrimination ordinances. One page on its website, entitled “The Salvation Army and the LGBT Community,” boasts that the group adheres “to all relevant employment laws, providing domestic partner benefits accordingly.’ Given that only a minority of states explicitly bar anti-LGBTQ discrimination, that’s a low bar.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
So according to the Snopes article, it's ambiguous whether CFA actually stopped their funding of bigotry when they said they did, or if the company even said they would.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp

However, the entry hasn't been updated in 5 years. Does anyone have any concrete information to confirm that the company has stopped funding bigotry? I'd be willing to read any reputable source with clear evidence either way.

Edit: hilariously, my question was answered just before I posted. Looks like CFA still is funding bigotry. That's what I thought I remembered from the last time this came up.

EYEL1NER

I don't mind pickles in general; one of my favorite sandwiches is a peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwich. I'm not a fan of them on chicken sandwiches though, I don't think. I'll still eat them on a regular one but if I get a spicy chicken sandwich, I ask for no pickles if I can remember it when I order.

Keasar

*Certain approved families only.

tenor.gif

Never let people forget what that company stand for.

Fuck 'em.

Holy fuck I'm a family of one and I would absolutely order this.

They already offer waffle fry side upgrades (fruit cup, superfood side,and soup) It costs extra but can be worth it. My point is that a side of mac and cheese as an upgrade-able side should come shortly after they offer mac and cheese as a family side

Fat4all

Banned
Alright bro. I will let you in on a secret. If you have a coupon for a free chicken sandwich, from a coupon or if you get lucky with a chicken ball receipt, where they give you a free chicken for a survey...

Fucking kids meals man. 4-ct kids meal, fruit cup, and you can upsize your drink to a large or wahtever... do that, use the free entree coupon. and then you have the kids toy to turn in for a kids size ice cream cone... Under $5. You can get fries instead of a fruit cup if you want, but I get the fruit cup because there isn't an upcharge on the kids meals like they do on the adult size combos.

CFA coupons don't come around too easily, but they are out there. Through the CFA one app, or local promotions like school coupon books or whatever.

deep life hacks

styl3s

I wish they would bring back the coleslaw here but i will be buying the beans and mac the second it's available because i love both.

n0razi

Yeah, sorry you're uncomfortable being reminded of their bigotry and the selfishness in ignoring it for some overrated chicken.

Oh wait, I'm not sorry. And it'll come up in every thread as long as I can remind people.

And all Americans are bigots since Trump and the GOP run the government amirite?

gatling

I hate almost all fast food salads, but I will fight people over their cobb salad. Also 30 nuggets could create rifts in otherwise healthy families.

Drowns everything in honey mustard sauce.

I miss the cheese sauce they used to have in Baltimore (and I assume other places). Was so confused when I went to a different one months later and realized it wasn't a nationwide thing.

Yeah, sorry you're uncomfortable being reminded of their bigotry and the selfishness in ignoring it for some overrated chicken.

Oh wait, I'm not sorry. And it'll come up in every thread as long as I can remind people.
Have fun always being the buzzkill I guess. Seems like a great way to spend your time.

That Blessed and Holy Chicken!

Since all five of my fam orders the nuggets when we go, this would def save money. I think I drop $50 every trip.

WipedOut

Only those who support bigotry, like voting for/supporting him. Or eating at CFA. At best they're fine with bigotry.
I feel bad that you would deprive yourself of some great chicken.

Got a 12 Ct with the sweet Siracha sauce tonight. And some of that new watermelon mint lemonade

Having just eaten some Chick-Fil-A nuggets, I can confidently say I could eat fifty of them and still not be satisfied. Better work on that price, guys...

I don't see the local operators promoting bigotry. You know what I see? A great family environment that welcomes everyone.

And also earns money that enables the owner to contribute to bigotry

Seriously, it's so weird to see you offended by the fact that people dislike this chain.

Hopefully it doesn't affect the pricing of the 30 piece at mine which is like 11.50. I've gotten that for basketball games before. Would love some new sides.

Top Bottom