• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A testing Family Style Meals and new sides

l2ounD

I don't think enough attention is being given to the fact that they are adding Mac and Cheese and Beans to their menu which imo does not fit Chick Fil A.

I dunno I'm fine with this. I wonder if this would make the lines even longer. I dont go to the one near me because there is always a ridiculous wait time.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
CFA threads typically turn into this. I think the best response I saw out of them was something along the lines of if you enjoy Chick-fil-A but feel bad about them supporting hate groups then donate to groups that support the LGBT community. The $10 you donate to them will go a longer way than the $10 you spent on a sandwich at CFA.

Bit of paraphrasing there by you get the idea.

I agree that mitigating the damage is at least something.

Much better than gleefully extolling the virtue of an overrated chicken sandwich chain immediately after hearing from people in the LGBT community that CFA's support of bigotry has real consequences. That's vile as fuck.

I agree that mitigating the damage is at least something.

Much better than gleefully extolling the virtue of an overrated chicken sandwich chain immediately after hearing from people in the LGBT community that CFA's support of bigotry has real consequences. That's vile as fuck.

That's the thing of it. I do not regard people as bad or immoral for eating at Chick-fil-A, even knowing who it supports, but I do not think highly of people who celebrate the fact that they support Chick-fil-A as a response to its critics. I mean, you cannot exactly complain about how people treat you on this subject when you in this thread are exhibiting some pretty sucky behavior.

That's the thing of it. I do not regard people as bad or immoral for eating at Chick-fil-A, even knowing who it supports, but I do not think highly of people who celebrate the fact that they support Chick-fil-A as a response to its critics. I mean, you cannot exactly complain about how people treat you on this subject when you in this thread are exhibiting some pretty sucky behavior.

Reasonable.

Been a while since I had Chick-fil-A(gluten intolerance). I actually liked McDonalds southern style chicken sandwich they had for a while. NO PICKLE!

BriGuy

Drop the price by $10 or multiply the chicken by 1.5. You could have a family of four order off the menu for less than $30.

New002

I dunno I'm fine with this. I wonder if this would make the lines even longer. I dont go to the one near me because there is always a ridiculous wait time.

Get the app. Order on the app and you tap a button when you're there (or close) and they start making your food. Then you just wait for it. No line.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

I think they're doing something really bad by knowingly supporting bigotry.

But celebrating the pain of LGBT people by gleefully going on about how little they care for our lives by raising their desire for a chicken sandwich over the desire to do less harm? That shit is beyond the pale.

I think they're doing something really bad by knowingly supporting bigotry.

But celebrating the pain of LGBT people by gleefully going on about how little they care for our lives by raising their desire for a chicken sandwich over the desire to do less harm? That shit is beyond the pale.

Maybe they just don't care what you think.

Is that supposed to be a defense?

What defense? People have reasonable arguments as to why they do something, it's fair game. People try to guilt others into doing what they want, it isn't.

After you factor in local costs like labor, product cost, maintenance, landscaping, etc...twenty percent might go back directly to corporate? It's been a long time, so I have to draw on memory. Of that, maybe half a percent or less might be donated to what would be considered anti-LGBT causes (they're Christian, everything is anti-LGBT almost)? You expect people to feel the pang of regret over a few cents off their $10 weekly purchase going to an anti-LGBT cause?

I live in Georgia. I can't exist without something I'm doing going indirectly to discriminate against someone who is gay. I'm not going to feel guilty about the occasional meal there, and guilt tripping over the internet doesn't change that. Not when I've seen, known, worked, and loved the people at the store level who I know don't hold the same values as those up top. I worked there for over five years, saw a Cathy exactly once in passing. I was never pressured to live a Christian lifestyle, I never was told to discriminate against anyone, and knew personally of at least two people in my own store who were gay, who were out to the operator, and was loved equally by them as everyone else who worked there. It was an extremely positive experience in my life, and wouldn't hesitate at all to send my kids to work there, because I know they aren't going to be treated like shit.

I'm sorry the Cathys are how they are. I wish they weren't. I understand why people won't go there. I support that. My contributions more than make up what I end up sending to these causes, and if that isn't enough your opinion is noted and filed away.

l2ounD

That lack of caring certainly supports what I'm saying, though.

Sure. Just by being a typical consumer we are knowingly doing harm to the environment with all the factories involved / pollution / cutting down forest to make room for farms / not to mention what we actually do to the animals..

And we knowingly buy clothes made disgustingly cheap in other countries, buy electronics again made cheaply in other countries that also have to be mined for those rare materials. Oh and with working conditions that make them want to kill themselves. Destroying lives and the environment in general for the products we enjoy for the limited time we use them.

I think its pretty clear we dont care about a lot of stuff.
Other than you know first world problems. Like having to move a seat over in a movie theater so you dont appear to be a dick.

Im just thinking there has to be a better way to shine light on the LGBT cause and get the support it needs. Than to point at a lazy chickfila consumer saying the corporate office is run by Christians that are not LGBT friendly. You support bigotry. Boycott them.
When all a guy wanted was a chicken sandwich.

Get the app. Order on the app and you tap a button when you're there (or close) and they start making your food. Then you just wait for it. No line.

Whaaat!

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I'll buy extra nuggets just for those two.

This is the kind of toxic glee I was discussing earlier. This person goes out of their way to intentionally antagonize LGBT people who have pointed out how CFA supports bigotry. This post is designed to hurt people. It's far worse than not caring.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I know they have supported anti-LGBT causes, but their food is good.

giphy.gif

Using this GIF in the context of chicken!

Please tell me that Cane's hasn't done anything bad, I'm going there tomorrow.

CFA is still pretty good.

That being said (like a lot of places) their prices have slowly edged up to where I'm like ehhh.

You're paying like $8 now for a combo with tax, and the food portion isn't exactly large.

I'm not surprised you only get 30 nuggets for $29.99.

Edit: Poster above on point with size. Shit is all over the place in terms of quality control.

just had CFA for the first time on my recent LA / tattoo trip - was pretty disappointed how much i had to spend to scratch my American fast food itch.

was pretty good though.

What defense? People have reasonable arguments as to why they do something, it's fair game. People try to guilt others into doing what they want, it isn't.

After you factor in local costs like labor, product cost, maintenance, landscaping, etc...twenty percent might go back directly to corporate? It's been a long time, so I have to draw on memory. Of that, maybe half a percent or less might be donated to what would be considered anti-LGBT causes (they're Christian, everything is anti-LGBT almost)? You expect people to feel the pang of regret over a few cents off their $10 weekly purchase going to an anti-LGBT cause?

I live in Georgia. I can't exist without something I'm doing going indirectly to discriminate against someone who is gay. I'm not going to feel guilty about the occasional meal there, and guilt tripping over the internet doesn't change that. Not when I've seen, known, worked, and loved the people at the store level who I know don't hold the same values as those up top. I worked there for over five years, saw a Cathy exactly once in passing. I was never pressured to live a Christian lifestyle, I never was told to discriminate against anyone, and knew personally of at least two people in my own store who were gay, who were out to the operator, and was loved equally by them as everyone else who worked there. It was an extremely positive experience in my life, and wouldn't hesitate at all to send my kids to work there, because I know they aren't going to be treated like shit.

I'm sorry the Cathys are how they are. I wish they weren't. I understand why people won't go there. I support that. My contributions more than make up what I end up sending to these causes, and if that isn't enough your opinion is noted and filed away.

The chain of conversation is not about just going but going about it in a gleeful way in response to queer folk in this thread, those who are talking/boasting about buying extra just to stick it to those who exercise the option to boycott.

Like please remember this conversation started because some folk got so indignant that mostly queer folk would dare mock CFA and take a few cracks at them.

This is the kind of toxic glee I was discussing earlier. This person goes out of their way to intentionally antagonize LGBT people who have pointed out how CFA supports bigotry. This post is designed to hurt people. It's far worse than not caring.
I consider it light trolling in the same way your first post was.

Don't try to justify yourself man. Telling a queer person, who is a direct target of those groups CFA donates to, that you're gonna spend extra money there just to spite them is a shitty thing to say even in jest.

Don't try to justify yourself man. Telling a queer person, who is a direct target of those groups CFA donates to, that you're gonna spend extra money there just to spite them is a shitty thing to say even in jest.

You don’t need to try and paint buying CFA nuggets as a hostile act.

still don’t see how that makes it okay to lie about their policies in an attempt to troll the thread though.

You don’t need to try and paint buying CFA nuggets as a hostile act.

still don’t see how that makes it okay to lie about their policies in an attempt to troll the thread though.

The hostile act was responding to someone's statement of boycott by letting them know that you are now going to buy even more to "make up" for their boycott.

The hostile act was responding to someone's statement of boycott by letting them know that you are now going to buy even more to "make up" for their boycott.
And bringing up 'making up' for someone's boycott buy buying things, or giving more clicks, or watching a video twice, isn't anything new, especially in threads unrelated to those boycotts.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

Mine wasn't trolling. It was pointing out that CFA still supports bigotry.

Yours was just being cruel to make people like me feel worse for doing so. You know this, don't even try to pretend otherwise.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
just had CFA for the first time on my recent LA / tattoo trip - was pretty disappointed how much i had to spend to scratch my American fast food itch.

was pretty good though.

It's not exorbitantly priced, but I've noticed the creep. A lot of fast food has gone that way though. For example for another chicken place Zaxbys is like a dollar more for everything now.

It's not like I don't still go, but you do notice 25 cents more here or there adds up to a dollar or two more. Plus I know it isn't the cashier seeing that extra cash lol

NandoGip

Damn REALLY wish Chickfila was near me. Got one by moms house so whenever I visit I stop in. It's probably the best drive thru fast food place not including in n out

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
That doesn't sound especially good value. How does that compare to the competition over there?

Also, is it bad to see "feeds a family of 4" and think"challenge accepted". As our chicken related franchises here in the UK are basically KFC and Nandos I can only look on in envy.

Mine wasn't trolling. It was pointing out that CFA still supports bigotry.

Yours was just being cruel to make people like me feel worse for doing so. You know this, don't even try to pretend otherwise.
How was it not? It was a provocative statement about CFA turning away LGBT with the intent to derail. That's textbook definition.
Didn't say you were being original.

Just shitty
Oh that's fine then.

slit

How was it not? It was a provocative statement about CFA turning away LGBT with the intent to derail. That's textbook definition.

Why do you care about CFA being slammed for their actions? It's a stupid chicken sandwich place for crying out loud. If you think it's not a big deal to eat there then do so until you explode. You're white knighting over something dumb.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
That's not much chicken for $30. I think you could buy four value meals for less than that price.

Thread has got me craving a spicy sandwich with the sriracha sauce. Guess I know where I'm going for lunch :)

Is a fast food restaurant that donates to Anti-LGBT groups really a hill to die on?

I suppose teenagers saying "My Pleasure" has more of an effect than I initially thought.

E92 M3

Beyond the chicken, their shakes/desserts aren't talked about enough. The ice cream cones and shakes are some of the best in the business. Dipping the fries into the shake is actually good as well.

Why do you care about CFA being slammed for their actions? It's a stupid chicken sandwich place for crying out loud. If you think it's not a big deal to eat there then do so until you explode. You're white knighting over something dumb.
But it's my favorite stupid chicken sandwich place.

Dude Abides

Banned

CFA stans - making the Sonic fanbase look reasonable since 2012.

It's a different animal of talking about what a place does, and then taking that and making accusations or guilt-tripping people who work or visit there. I don't think anyone would have said anything if it was kept to the first.

This happens in every CFA thread though. Every. Single. One. It's never about just the company, people feel the need to make it personal with the posters who will still eat there. In another thread, it wasn't just casual and sly accusations about supporting bigotry, it was outright calling people who still ate there bigots. You can make the point about what the company does without doing that.

The escalation was out of bounds, I'll give you that. Some people don't respond in the best ways all the time. It's not supposed to be personal in either direction. The support for anti-marriage and anti-LGBTQ groups is a black mark on an otherwise stellar organization to work for and to visit. It personally hurts that they do this, because otherwise they were one of the most positive influences in my life, and I'm talking at a store level. Genuinely cared about each other, which is something I can't say I've ever experienced otherwise. I could go back to my first store after fifteen years and the operator would still know who I am and be genuinely interested in how I've been and what I've done with myself. I still remember the names of everyone I worked with, and am still friends with a fair few.

I'm sorry for the support they give for anti groups. I'm sorry someone else made it personal here. I'm still going to go there occasionally, and I'm still going think fondly of the impact overall they had on my life.

slit

It's a different animal of talking about what a place does, and then taking that and making accusations or guilt-tripping people who work or visit there. I don't think anyone would have said anything if it was kept to the first.

This happens in every CFA thread though. Every. Single. One. It's never about just the company, people feel the need to make it personal with the posters who will still eat there. In another thread, it wasn't just casual and sly accusations about supporting bigotry, it was outright calling people who still ate there bigots. You can make the point about what the company does without doing that.

The escalation was out of bounds, I'll give you that. Some people don't respond in the best ways all the time. It's not supposed to be personal in either direction. The support for anti-marriage and anti-LGBTQ groups is a black mark on an otherwise stellar organization to work for and to visit. It personally hurts that they do this, because otherwise they were one of the most positive influences in my life, and I'm talking at a store level. Genuinely cared about each other, which is something I can't say I've ever experienced otherwise. I could go back to my first store after fifteen years and the operator would still know who I am and be genuinely interested in how I've been and what I've done with myself. I still remember the names of everyone I worked with, and am still friends with a fair few.

I'm sorry for the support they give for anti groups. I'm sorry someone else made it personal here. I'm still going to go there occasionally, and I'm still going think fondly of the impact overall they had on my life.

Honestly, so what? They are the ones that support horrible people. You have plenty of places to talk about CFA where I'm sure it won't be brought up and might even be cheered. Nobody can guilt you into anything unless are unsure about your stance.

Honestly, so what? They are the ones that support horrible people. You have plenty of places to talk about CFA where I'm sure it won't be brought up and might even be cheered. Nobody can guilt you into anything unless are unsure about your stance.

OK, good talk.

If that's your stance shouldn't you also be okay with people wanting to voice support for their chicken sandwich place against a boycott, especially in a thread about new menu items?

Top Bottom