• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) review thread

Bullet Club

o9Ik8Vx.jpg

Developers: Infinity Ward, Beenox

Publisher: Activision

Platforms:
  • PlayStation 4 (Oct 25, 2019)
  • Xbox One (Oct 25, 2019)
  • PC (Oct 25, 2019)
Trailers:
LPmWqPX.png

jn0AccO.png

He4ZrLG.png

oUKVlC3.png

GameSpot - Kallie Plagge - 7 / 10
2019's Modern Warfare both draws from the original and lays a good foundation for the rest of the series, despite some thematic issues and co-op pitfalls.
Game Informer - Andrew Reiner - 8.8 / 10
Leveling up guns is ridiculously fun, and the breadth of modes keeps this experience from feeling repetitive. This is a game you can sink tons of time into.
PC Gamer - 80 / 100
Modern Warfare evolves the series for the better, but it could be so much more.
GamesRadar+ - 4 / 5 stars
Modern Warfare is fast and frenetic, setting a new benchmark for fidelity and high-pressure FPS action
AusGamers - Crash - 8.5 / 10
For Modern Warfare though, it feels a bit more grounded in reality, seemingly having drawn inspiration from films like Sicario, The Hurt Locker, American Sniper, and Zero Dark Thirty.
COGconnected - Trevor Houston - 82 / 100
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare does everything fans of the franchise could ever want.
Daily Dot - Joseph Knoop - 4 / 5 stars
I never quite expected to like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare as much as I did, but here we are with a game that can mostly stand on its own merits.
Daily Star - Jake Tucker - 4 / 5 stars
Call of Duty Modern Warfare is a tight shooter that hits most of the parts you expect from a AAA shooter, but some of its obsessions leave a bitter taste in the mouth.
Digital Chumps - Nathaniel Stevens - 9.2 / 10
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare puts the franchise back where it needs to be. You get a wonderful campaign, team-oriented spec ops, and a variety of multiplayer options that cater to those who love large and small scale warfare.
Everyeye.it - Francesco Fossetti - Italian - 9 / 10
After many hours spent on game servers, and net of a Netcode that will have to be refined over the months, we can say with certainty that the competitive online Call of Duty Modern Warfare does not it is only the backbone of the entire production, but also one of the most complete multiplayer experiences of recent times.
Gameblog - Alix Dulac - French - 8 / 10
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is not just a reboot. The solo game is great, his multiplayer mode, with Gunfight, solid and efficient. The game lacks a bit of depth (more hours for the campaign in particular) to constitute the perfect picture. But not to the point of not being an indispensable part of your collection for this end of the year.
GamingTrend - Griffin Dunn - Unscored
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare hearkens back to the series roots, once again putting gritty themes and realism on the forefront.
Hardcore Gamer - Kevin Dunsmore - 4.5 / 5
The classic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare trilogy remains one of the best trilogies in gaming history.
Attack of the Fanboy - Kyle Hanson - 4.5 / 5 stars
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare reboots the franchise with solid success throughout.
Hobby Consolas - David Martinez - Spanish - 90 / 100
Modern Warfare is one of the best war FPS of this generation thanks to a thrilling (yet controversial) campaign, great multiplayer in both coop and competitive modes, and a new game engine.
PCGamesN - Jordan Forward - 8 / 10
While not every multiplayer addition is as good as it could be, Modern Warfare's campaign sets a new gold standard for the series that will be hard for sequels to match.Jordan Forward
Windows Central - James Bricknell - 4 / 5 stars
Modern Warfare is an excellent addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The story felt like a serialized TV show, and most of the multiplayer action is fun. There are few places where the game falls, but not enough for me not to recommend it.

Last edited:

TheZink

Nice work. Anyone else’s One X fans going crazy during this game? Sadly sounds almost like my launch ps4.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Why? How does it affect you? You are the one bitching here
It's a killstreak, in a game, with an emphasis on the horrors and atrocities of war. The constant bitching about it makes no sense to me considering the context of the story and themes IW want to explore. You can defend her stupid shit all you want, but she ain't going to titty fuck you.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

I have my PS4 copy and some calendar time cleared to play it but it is taking FOREVER to install the update...

Cant wait, but dagnammit I have to wait!!

MMaRsu

Banned
It's a killstreak, in a game, with an emphasis on the horrors and atrocities of war. The constant bitching about it makes no sense to me considering the context of the story and themes IW want to explore. You can defend her stupid shit all you want, but she ain't going to titty fuck you.

Jesus christ mate, who are you even talking about. Her? Her who?

Get that sand out of your vag ( or dickhole )

Testosterone does suit you, since a simple questions sets you off like a rocket 😂🤷🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️ What a trip

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

I predict this is a game that you can sink literally dozens if not 100s of hours into quite happily.

I remember playing Spec Ops co-op with my mate back in the original Modern Warfare's, not stopping till we had 3 starred every single level. Such a good time, each level is like a perfect tequila shot of gaming action.

Although I enjoy zombies and regular multi-player too I am SO PLEASED to see Spec Ops make a return.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Friendly reminder to those that eat up "journalistic" opinions that Black Ops 4 also had good reviews and look how that shit turned out. Wait at least 3 months before getting it if you're that desperate.

Matt_Fox

Expected atleast an 86+ OpenCritic score.

Good news sir. It's 86% on Metacritic, I trust this meets your exacting expectations Mr.MiyazakiHatesKojima.
We shall fight shoulder-to-shoulder together on the battlefield.

Good news sir. It's 86% on Metacritic, I trust this meets your exacting expectations Mr.MiyazakiHatesKojima.
We shall fight shoulder-to-shoulder together on the battlefield.

Call of Duty is back in top form
whew.png

Orpheum

Since i'm sick and will spend the weekend at home in my bed like a biatch, i'll play it today. Really excited for the campaign and spec ops survival, it's gonna feel like the good old days when i was a teenager. The only thing i'm a tad disappointed about is the campaign length...but it's CoD so what did i expect really xD

MMaRsu

Banned
You were the one who showed up with an attitude. Don't act like you didn't provoke that response.

I think it's fair to criticize a game for using a method of killing so sick, and then try to make it into a pussy version of it.

If Activision had any balls theyd let players see how fucked up White Fosfor really is.

But to cry because a reviewer mentions it 😂 get over yourself, who gives a shit

MMaRsu

Banned
If anything, Modern Warfare lets Farah down with the bizarre and much-discussed inclusion of white phosphorus as a killstreak in multiplayer. Given how strong the campaign's emphasis is on chemical weapons being a reprehensible war crime, it's tone-deaf to include one in multiplayer, even though one could argue--much like Alex does--that pretty much all of it is illegal at the end of the day.

This sounds like a perfectly reasonable take to me, but people here already calling her a "SJW BITCH" who doesnt give the game "a fair shake" after she gave it a 7 🤦‍♂️😂

Grow the f up

How does having White Phosphorous in a fictional game affect them or victims of real life tragedy?

see above post

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
watched doc stream a few hours last night and got bored half way through

some of the worst maps i've ever seen

Last edited:

bucyou

I think it's fair to criticize a game for using a method of killing so sick, and then try to make it into a pussy version of it.

If Activision had any balls theyd let players see how fucked up White Fosfor really is.

But to cry because a reviewer mentions it 😂 get over yourself, who gives a shit

apparently you give a shit, clutch your pearls elsewhere and stop being a bitch

MMaRsu

Banned
apparently you give a shit, clutch your pearls elsewhere and stop being a bitch

I dont give a shit, Im just responding to users here who are almost going crazy at the mere mention of white fosfor in a review.

nevermind the fact that apparantly she is a sjw bitch 🤦‍♂️😂

What do you mean clutch your pearls?

MMaRsu

Banned
You're the one going crazy in here. Everyone else is calmly stating their opinions, but you're posting things like "Get that sand out of your vag" :messenger_grinning_squinting:

How am I going crazy? People are saying "SJW BITCH DIDNT EVRN GIVE IT A FAIR SHAKE"

Another guy

"WHITE FOSFOR MENTION OMG FUCK THIS SHIT"

The mere mention of white fosfor drove this guy over the edge. i was just asking why and then he berates me 😂. Then when I tell him dude, why you getting so upset? Take the sand out of your vajajay, means IM going crazy?

ROFL 😂🤣

Birdo

Banned
How am I going crazy? People are saying "SJW BITCH DIDNT EVRN GIVE IT A FAIR SHAKE"

Another guy

"WHITE FOSFOR MENTION OMG FUCK THIS SHIT"

The mere mention of white fosfor drove this guy over the edge. i was just asking why and then he berates me 😂. Then when I tell him dude, why you getting so upset? Take the sand out of your vajajay, means IM going crazy?

ROFL 😂🤣

Fair enough.

Kallie's pussy crumbs have been dispatched by UPS. They will be with you soon.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Modern Warfare is an excellent addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The story felt like a serialized TV show, and most of the multiplayer action is fun.

It definitely comes off like this. Getting logged into multiplayer was an experience. Wait for it to connect, log in with Activision account, download a small multiplayer update, and then decipher the menus to find the game type you want to play.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
You're the one going crazy in here. Everyone else is calmly stating their opinions, but you're posting things like "Get that sand out of your vag" :messenger_grinning_squinting:
To be fair, I can see how my initial post came across as "going crazy" to someone not familiar with my posting style and sense of humor.

Riceboy is still a bitch though
6FUbNlE.png

MMaRsu

Banned
Fair enough.

Kallie's pussy crumbs have been dispatched by UPS. They will be with you soon.

I dont even know the woman, but your pathetic attitude says enough.

Pathetic fuckers here would rather hate on women than read a decent review, or give any argument as to why she is a "SJW BITCH".

Incels stay mad

• LOL
Reactions: 888

Airbus Jr

Banned
I need to know if this game sets before modern warfare...after modern warfare...another modern warfare reboot....or perhaps a prequel long before mw take place...

Because captain price look really young here..

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I dont even know the woman, but your pathetic attitude says enough.

Pathetic fuckers here would rather hate on women than read a decent review, or give any argument as to why she is a "SJW BITCH".

Incels stay mad

As crass and cringy as the whole "Anti-SJW" thing is, they aren't entirely wrong in this instance.

That reviewer is notorious for injecting their own personal politics into a review where they have no place.

It would be just as bad if some right wing site downscored a game for having feminist themes. Neither are acceptable in a professional game review.

Top Bottom