• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) review thread

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
It's tone deaf because white fosfor is sick, something thats still used in everyday wars and engagements.

A nuke is a hilarious notion, even comical.

try telling that to people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?!
It’s a game about war, it’s all grim. But it’s a game, simple as.
White phosphorous and nukes, same things in my eyes.

it’s a game........

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Do I have to use controller to play against console users? I used kb and mouse in beta and met many console players. Seems weird.

Maybe cross play is for people with friends on other platforms, and a last resort to keep the players together later in the games life time? I'd be fine with that.
If you're using mouse and keyboard on PC, it should match you with console users also using mouse and keyboard.

Roufianos

It's tone deaf because white fosfor is sick, something thats still used in everyday wars and engagements.

A nuke is a hilarious notion, even comical.

White Fosfor there isnt anything funny or cool about it, its nasty af.

She can give her opinion, others are allowed to disagree. But to see some people yell "SJW BITCH" is just stupid. "She didnt give the game a fair shake" is not at all how the review reads, in fact I believe she enjoyed playing it.

Either way I don't care about reviews because I'll be buying this if the PC playerbase stays healthy in a few months. Beta was awesome, can't wait to play more of it. i just find the tone of some people here a little much. SJW BITCH this and that.

And what's cool or funny about nukes? Or missiles? Or even bullets?

If she has a problem with violence then fair enough but I just don't understand the notion that phosphorus is so awful but getting mowed down by a harrier jet isn't. Where exactly do you draw the line?

And yea, I stand by her not giving the game a fair chance. Fair enough if she just wrote her complaints about it in a sentence or two but she starts off the video review referring to its "tone deaf" nature. Obviously it was a big deal for her and not a footnote. Should have given the review to someone else because 99.9% of the players aren't going to give a shit about that particular complaint.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it when you eventually pick it up. Realism mode is decent but the rest just feels like the same old COD. Haven't tried the campaign yet.

Gerdav

Wow now I remember why the X is my primary console, get home turns on PS4 goes to launch the game which is already pre loaded, a 1.8GB update is available downloads in under 2 minutes, now almost 15 minutes later it’s at 62% copying give me bloody strength.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
*on pc

im playing on xbox and half the people i play against are ps4. With a small handful of pc gamers

AFAIK you can't select which platforms you want to play with or against? Isn't it all or nothing?

Dingo Bonecrush

Neo Member
AFAIK you can't select which platforms you want to play with or against? Isn't it all or nothing?

Right, it matches you up with controller users or K/M users. I got thrown in a few matches last night with my controller plugged in my PC, most were console players with myself and another guy on Battle.net. Now, if you saw a mouse pop up in there with a bunch of controllers.....that's a problem they need to fix haha

Fake

You have to trust the Activision to do it so. You can only enable/disable if I'm right.
I guess they put a filter about what pad players are using.

MrJTeera

Holy shit! Update 1.04 size is fuckin’ insane! 50 gigs on top of the base game that’s already 100? This game occupies half of my HDD now. This is nonsensical!

Meanwhile, my friend who bought the physical copy only need to download 1.8 gb.

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

u4ea

I bought a new GPU today because it comes bundles with Modern Warfare (and because I needed one, but I could've wait a couple of months).
I check the box and see there is no code in there.
store clerk: "Oh yeah, we send that via mail. I might be there tomorrow or something."

Great. :messenger_angry: I was all hyped up and everything.
Left work earlier to play as I have lots of free time tonight but not the rest of the weekend.

Ar¢tos

Soon:
All war games banned because of sensibilities.

After that:
All games with violence banned because of sensibilities.

In a not so far future:
All games with portrayals of physical contact banned because of sensibilities.

In a later future :
Games where characters move banned because of sensibilities (offensive to people with movement restrictions or paralysis).

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Holy shit! Update 1.04 size is fuckin’ insane! 50 gigs on top of the base game that’s already 100? This game occupies half of my HDD now. This is nonsensical!

Meanwhile, my friend who bought the physical copy only need to download 1.8 gb.

Can someone tell me what is going on here?
I have a physical copy and had to download 75gb

I dont even know the woman, but your pathetic attitude says enough.

Pathetic fuckers here would rather hate on women than read a decent review, or give any argument as to why she is a "SJW BITCH".

Incels stay mad
Skill Up is that you?

PKPquCT.jpg

Man's thirsty!

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The campaign was fucking awesome.

Possibly the best in the series next to Infinite Warfare.

I need to know if this game sets before modern warfare...after modern warfare...another modern warfare reboot....or perhaps a prequel long before mw take place...

Because captain price look really young here..

Its a prequel but the timeline was soft rebooted in a way that everything had its dates moved forward (to keep guns and tech modern). So instead of cod4 being set in 2011 it would presumably be set in the 2020s.

Last edited:

Right, it matches you up with controller users or K/M users. I got thrown in a few matches last night with my controller plugged in my PC, most were console players with myself and another guy on Battle.net. Now, if you saw a mouse pop up in there with a bunch of controllers.....that's a problem they need to fix haha

I read a while back from IW that there is a playlist setting to allow all input types if people opted in.

NickFire

I don't expect reviewers to tell me what I want to hear. But it would be nice if outlets assigned people to review games who weren't looking to tell other people what they want to hear. Sorry, not sorry, but when reviews of Call of Duty complain about inclusion of white phosphorus in multiplayer, I find it extremely tough to believe that they didn't purposefully include click bait.

Reactions: 888

Blade2.0

Man, I've hated white phosphorus since spec ops: the line. And I doubt the guys on MW give it the same poignancy as that game did. But also this is from the same guys that have a nuke as a killstreak(atleast they did before). So I don't go to them for hard hitting political takes

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
If anyone wants to do the OT I've dropped a couple of banners in the OT thread you're free to use

I'd really love to buy this, to get back into CoD (last one I played was MW3)... but damn I don't trust Activision to not fuck it up down the line.

-Arcadia-

Banned
RyuCookingSomeRice almost has the exact same name as the old ultra-SJW (Mortal Kombat character name) (doing some random activity) whiners on Old Gaf, and acts like a slightly less annoying version in every thread.

Really activates the almonds.

Shmunter

Wow now I remember why the X is my primary console, get home turns on PS4 goes to launch the game which is already pre loaded, a 1.8GB update is available downloads in under 2 minutes, now almost 15 minutes later it’s at 62% copying give me bloody strength.
Yeah I know right. Is it because of extended storage??

But good news for pro owners, played single player a bit, and performance is nothing but solid.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Can say yes from personal experience. 90% PS4, with the odd Xbox and pc gamer. It’s possible it’s favouring own platform first for matchmaking

Interestingly got kb/mouse pc players in gunfight with my controller too.

Cleared_Hot

Everyone kept saying the nvg stuff was so much more realistic.... Only thing they did was replace the older green filter with the more modern white phosphorus colored filter. Still none of the lighting in this mode is realistic. Otherwise the ir pointer would be lighting up the room. ... I know this sounds like whatever to most but I was really looking forward to it. Then the mission with the three stories started, I was trying to illuminate a dark room through the bullet holes before entering and it doesn't happen. Shame. They bragged about it's realism and just having ir glint tape reflective isn't really delivering on that promise.

Last edited:

Gerdav

Yeah I know right. Is it because of extended storage??

But good news for pro owners, played single player a bit, and performance is nothing but solid.

I have a extended HDD attached, however the game is not installed on it, it’s on a internal SSD, so make of that what you will and it is on a Pro for what that is also worth, in the end it took close to 30 minutes to just copy.

Shmunter

I have a extended HDD attached, however the game is not installed on it, it’s on a internal SSD, so make of that what you will and it is on a Pro for what that is also worth, in the end it took close to 30 minutes to just copy.
CopyStation Pro

its ridiculous

Top Bottom