• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) review thread

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
The first page. The very first page.

Let's not set the tone of this thread with juvenile personal attacks going back and forth. You can freely discuss and critique the reviews to your heart's content... without resorting to attacking each other for people you don't even know, in you're own words.

Airbus Jr

Banned
As crass and cringy as the whole "Anti-SJW" thing is, they aren't entirely wrong in this instance.

That reviewer is notorious for injecting their own personal politics into a review where they have no place.

It would be just as bad if some right wing site downscored a game for having feminist themes. Neither are acceptable in a professional game review.

I dont understand where these sjw fight are coming from

Because of the white phosporous gas?

What makes white phosporous gas sjw?

Bryank75

Banned
As crass and cringy as the whole "Anti-SJW" thing is, they aren't entirely wrong in this instance.

That reviewer is notorious for injecting their own personal politics into a review where they have no place.

It would be just as bad if some right wing site downscored a game for having feminist themes. Neither are acceptable in a professional game review.
Good idea, there should be such a site, imagine the outrage!

It would be hugely lucrative, cause far left are impulsive and will click anything that triggers them.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Sorry Dad :lollipop_crying:

Don't be sorry, be better!
EarlyCavernousDouglasfirbarkbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Airbus Jr

Banned
It was a controversy pushed by far-left publications and journalists. So it's associated with those types of people.

Look i dont know much about politics or how does it associates with this game...left...right....north..south....

What im seeing here is....

A large group of people are getting triggered by this game ...

Their reaction...it caused another group of people to be trigerred.....

The first group of people..now got triggered by the reaction of the second group....

And then the second group of people..got triggered again by the counter trigger of the first group......

So in other words...it creates...a trigger circle....

or should i say.... a trigger-ception...🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
True enough I dont know her so I dont know if the SJW shit is true, but I looked over the review and it didnt seem overly woke or sjw happy... so I just didnt get the comments some made

Roufianos

This sounds like a perfectly reasonable take to me, but people here already calling her a "SJW BITCH" who doesnt give the game "a fair shake" after she gave it a 7 🤦‍♂️😂

How exactly can accusing Infinity Ward of being tone deaf to their OWN MESSAGING be a fair take? Did they all suddenly suffer amnesia when including it in the MP? Or is it more likely that the MP doesn't actually glorify white phosphorus but nearly uses it as a means of killing people just like air strikes?

Do you get bonus xp for using the white phosphorus over other kill streaks? In what way is the MP glorifying it? Isn't it just a means of killing opponents which the player base should inherently know is bad?

Where was she with MW2? I seem to remember that game had an anti-nuclear message in the campaign but included a nuke as a kill streak.

It's not even her own take but instead SJW hive mind garbage being recycled.

Is this sort of take something that the Gamespot audience is interested in? No, based on the dislikes on that review. Any good writer should know their audience.

Last edited:

manfestival

The game is kinda like Madden. The only people that actually care about reviews are the ones that aren't going to play it. inb4 that one guy that always has to disagree and/or claim to be the exception

Anyways, does anyone know how I add my console friends to my activision account? do I have to do this in game? I played some last night but went to bed and I am at work thinking about being home and playing lol

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Cross play is DOA. Haven't met a console player yet as I did in the beta.

MMaRsu

Banned
How exactly can accusing Infinity Ward of being tone deaf to their OWN MESSAGING be a fair take? Did they all suddenly suffer amnesia when including it in the MP? Or is it more likely that the MP doesn't actually glorify white phosphorus but nearly uses it as a means of killing people just like air strikes?

Do you get bonus xp for using the white phosphorus over other kill streaks? In what way is the MP glorifying it? Isn't it just a means of killing opponents which the player base should inherently know is bad?

Where was she with MW2? I seem to remember that game had an anti-nuclear message in the campaign but included a nuke as a kill streak.

It's not even her own take but instead SJW hive mind garbage being recycled.

Is this sort of take something that the Gamespot audience is interested in? No, based on the dislikes on that review. Any good writer should know their audience.

It's tone deaf because white fosfor is sick, something thats still used in everyday wars and engagements.

A nuke is a hilarious notion, even comical.

White Fosfor there isnt anything funny or cool about it, its nasty af.

She can give her opinion, others are allowed to disagree. But to see some people yell "SJW BITCH" is just stupid. "She didnt give the game a fair shake" is not at all how the review reads, in fact I believe she enjoyed playing it.

Either way I don't care about reviews because I'll be buying this if the PC playerbase stays healthy in a few months. Beta was awesome, can't wait to play more of it. i just find the tone of some people here a little much. SJW BITCH this and that.

MMaRsu

Banned
ban RyuCookingSomeRice already.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was the REVIEW thread were we can discuss the REVIEWS. Calling for users to be banned? Why? We are having a discussion here my friend, if you wish to partake in a circle jerk I'm sure the OT is open.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
ive played 3 pc players on xbox, 2 of them were using controller and 1 was mouse everything else has been xbox and ps4

Do I have to use controller to play against console users? I used kb and mouse in beta and met many console players. Seems weird.

Maybe cross play is for people with friends on other platforms, and a last resort to keep the players together later in the games life time? I'd be fine with that.

Ar¢tos

Imagine if Loaded or Thrill Kill were released nowadays... The SJW's would all explode from outrage seizures.

It's just a game.. Chill out people.

Last edited:

Caffeine

Do I have to use controller to play against console users? I used kb and mouse in beta and met many console players. Seems weird.

Maybe cross play is for people with friends on other platforms, and a last resort to keep the players together later in the games life time? I'd be fine with that.
my current activision account is different from the one bnet is linked too so its not friend based but ye I have only seen 1 mouse and keyboard user could just be a problem I know in beta when I played on the pc I was crossplaying with console more frequently too.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Omg, of all the days my internet had to start acting up, why when I'm downloading a 75gb patch? At this rate I'll be ready to play the day Survival Mode is available for XB1/PC. Fml

Last edited:

Cleared_Hot

How am I going crazy? People are saying "SJW BITCH DIDNT EVRN GIVE IT A FAIR SHAKE"

Another guy

"WHITE FOSFOR MENTION OMG FUCK THIS SHIT"

The mere mention of white fosfor drove this guy over the edge. i was just asking why and then he berates me 😂. Then when I tell him dude, why you getting so upset? Take the sand out of your vajajay, means IM going crazy?

ROFL 😂🤣
Number one: it's Phosphor. Two: this game COMPLETELY blows it out of proportion from reality. That shit will only kill people if it's a direct hit like a bullet. It's not this game changer fucking napalm like this game would have you believe. Countless unfortunate things have occured-- but you can say that about every weapon of war.

Last edited:
Reactions: 888
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Cross play is DOA. Haven't met a console player yet as I did in the beta.
No offence but most people with consoles don't want to play PC peeps because so many of them are aim bot hacking slime.

• LOL
Reactions: 888

Shrap

When is Call of Duty going to have proper environmental destruction? It feels so outdated launching explosives everywhere and having a building stand unaffected.

Romulus

The campaign looks great visually, but I'm just not compelled to go on. Push down a narrow path, set piece, shoot a few dudes, listen to people tell you their version of "war is hell" in overdramatic voices, repeat.

Shmunter

When is Call of Duty going to have proper environmental destruction? It feels so outdated launching explosives everywhere and having a building stand unaffected.
They really need to bring in something like that to a proper next gen Version of COD, hopefully sooner rather than later or I will disappoint

Top Bottom