• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodhunt launches in three days on PS5 - Any takers?

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.p...t-launches-april-27-ps5-features-detailed/amp

No hype? Anyone interested in this?

Hello PlayStation Players! Thank you for the great reception we got from you when we announced that Bloodhunt is coming to the PlayStation 5. We can now let you know that Bloodhunt will be released on April 27!

Bloodhunt is free-to-play and is will be available on PS5 at no cost. For those of you looking for that extra special something to prepare for the battle, we have a pre-order offer for a Founder’s Ultimate Edition of the game that comes with an abundance of fantastic cosmetics and 1,000 Tokens, our in-game currency.

When you pre-order the Founder’s Ultimate Edition, you receive the one-of-a-kind, PS5-exclusive epic Samurai mask that will instill fear in your rivals. This Edition also gives you two exclusive killer outfits: Headrush and Fast Forward, both unique and of epic rarity. Furthermore, it comes with over 100+ items, from stylish outfits and hairdos to exquisite piercings and tattoos. You’ll be able to show off your style with looks that truly kill! And in case your wardrobe is still lacking, or you want to buy a Battle Pass, this pack also includes 1,000 Tokens to spend in the in-game store.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

Kuranghi

Is there also a performance/60fps mode? I don't have interest in this because I don't like MP but 30fps for a competitive game strikes me as odd/complete shite.

kunonabi

If it is free to play I'll give it a shot but it's still depressing that's its just a shooter instead of something more ambitious. A vampire battle royal could be amazing with some actual creativity behind it.

If it is free to play I'll give it a shot but it's still depressing that's its just a shooter instead of something more ambitious. A vampire battle royal could be amazing with some actual creativity behind it.
The BR games with no guns keep failing way faster than the BR games with guns. Either the people who keep asking for BR games without guns aren't playing them, or the ones who like current BR games don't bother with them.

Vampires, whose entire "MASQUERADE" is about hiding from humanity, are now running around with assault rifles shooting each other while using vampire powers. Ok.
I just had a thought after reading this sentence. They should make a Highlander battle royale, because that would be one of the few example of an IP where it would make sense. Also Hunger Games, and "Battle Royale" itself, I suppose.

kunonabi

The BR games with no guns keep failing way faster than the BR games with guns. Either the people who keep asking for BR games without guns aren't playing them, or the ones who like current BR games don't bother with them.
I remember being letdown by spellbreak. I figured it would be all these cool avatar the last bender fights but everybody just picked the spells that worked the most like a shooter and all the cool combination stuff didn't really matter.

bender

What time is it?
Of all the games named Bloodhunt that launch on April 27th, this is the one I'm most interested in.

Kupfer

Bloodhunt is free-to-play and (...) a Founder’s Ultimate Edition of the game that comes with an abundance of fantastic cosmetics and 1,000 Tokens, our in-game currency.

When you pre-order the Founder’s Ultimate Edition, you receive the one-of-a-kind, PS5-exclusive epic Samurai mask that will instill fear in your rivals. This Edition also gives you two exclusive killer outfits: Headrush and Fast Forward, both unique and of epic rarity. Furthermore, it comes with over 100+ items, from stylish outfits and hairdos to exquisite piercings and tattoos. You’ll be able to show off your style with looks that truly kill! And in case your wardrobe is still lacking, or you want to buy a Battle Pass, this pack also includes 1,000 Tokens to spend in the in-game store.

After reading this -

No hype? Anyone interested in this?

- nope, not anymore.

Kokoloko85

Heres some money if you wanna remaster/port the classic on consoles….££
Not gonna bother with anything else from the franchise until they do that

At least it isn't crossgen... it got that going on for it.

Sony seems to have a really bad eye for picking these games. Odds are this will be another flop like Predator: Hunting Grounds, Godfall and Destruction AllStars.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Trophies are bugged. Finished in the top 5 with an Enforcer whole hitting player level 5, which should pop 2 trophies. Hard lock crashed my PS5 instead.

Edit: after restarting the console the trophies are there. Them popping just locked it up.

Last edited:

hlm666

Another BR with the shelf life of milk.

edit: would probably be a better game with a ctf mode.

Last edited:

hlm666

Not exactly accurate. He’s basing it on one ability and if you know how to play the others it can be counted easily.
oh I wasn't basing it on game balance, just searched bloodhunt gameplay on youtube and got that. My short life comment was because it looks even worse than that ubisoft br game that got killed a little while ago.

ManaByte

oh I wasn't basing it on game balance, just searched bloodhunt gameplay on youtube and got that. My short life comment was because it looks even worse than that ubisoft br game that got killed a little while ago.
The game is free. Doesn’t cost you anything to actually try the thing instead of relying on clickbait YouTube. It’s a fun BR. I like the feeding system that can get you extra lives.

MiguelItUp

The game is free. Doesn’t cost you anything to actually try the thing instead of relying on clickbait YouTube. It’s a fun BR. I like the feeding system that can get you extra lives.
Yeah, honestly, between the speed, verticality, weapons, and the mechanics, the game feels unique enough compared to other BRs out there. I thought what I played before was neat, I'll give it another go, I mean, it's free, lol.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Will try it tonight. I generally don't like BRs, but this one has a chance of being different enough based on what I've read online.

Last edited:
Top Bottom