• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves live on PS5, Season 12 launches April 30th

ManaByte

Sea of Thieves went live for early access on PS5 for those who got the $60 Premium edition (which has about $80 worth of shop content in it).

The beta and pre-order bonuses are now live. The beta sails are similar to the PC/Xbox alpha sails, and the PS5 exclusive ruby weapons are pretty nice.

Open sailing is currently disabled across all of Sea of Thieves until Season 12 on Tuesday due to the PS5 release (the PS5 version is on a newer client). You can only sail with people on your friends list or guild.

Again, if anyone is picking it up on PS5 and has never played you can add me on PSN and I'll help you learn the basics.

1-2 players will sail on my Sloop, No Sloop For You.

2-3 players will sail on my Brig, The Summer of George.

3-4 players will sail on my Galleon, Serenity Now.

And anyone on GAF is welcome to join the guild, Vandelay Industries.

Season 12 launches on Tuesday with a bunch of new things:

theHFIC

I don't plan on diving into Sea of Thieves in the immediate future (I just convinced my party of regulars to get Helldivers 2), but I wanted to say I appreciate the naming theme of your sea faring vessels and I hope there is some kind of Puffy Shirt clothing available.

sendit

ha gay GIF

ManaByte

I hope there is some kind of Puffy Shirt clothing available.

The actual Seinfeld puffy shirt was added as a season pass reward a couple of seasons ago. It's the undershirt for the set modeled after Keith Richards' costume in the POTC sequels.

OVaSZqz.jpeg

GladiusFrog

Thinking about it, Wife and I have a nice guild of blood thirsty Thieves... But more people to play with is always good.

Havoc2049

If anyone wants to add me, my Gamertag is MajorHavoc 2049.
I play quite a bit and I'm willing to help anyone with whatever they want to work on or help new pirates learn the game.

ManaByte

If anyone wants to add me, my Gamertag is MajorHavoc 2049.
I play quite a bit and I'm willing to help anyone with whatever they want to work on or help new pirates learn the game.

All 3 Seinfeld ships are pledged to Vandelay Industries. So no many how many baby seals new players on PS5 want to learn it there's a ship ready.

Havoc2049

Hopped on today for a quick sail to test out the new weapons and gameplay mechanics, check out the new Accommodations and knock out a few of the new Achievements. All I wanted to do was dive, do an Ashen Winds Raid and get the achievement for killing an Ashen Lord with the double barrel pistol. People were trying to attack me left and right and they all seemed like new players (they sucked). In the span of about twenty minutes I sunk a single player sloop and the same two player sloop twice. 🤣

Last edited:

ManaByte

I snuck onto someones ship and left some treasure sitting behind them. They were perched on the side of their boat and were obviously out of the room. Hopefully they noticed my little present.
Should’ve dropped a keg near their stove and left a banana cooking.

Top Bottom